Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dunks that you want to see Ross do on saturday?

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and I think he should just make his "teammate" dunk a FT line alley-oop, so the motion and passing angle aren't too complicated, but would still be impressive.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    I want to see him pay homage to VC in one of his dunks. I think that would be cool. Wear the old purple and black #15 jersey. Put his elbow in the rim just like in my avatar i think that would be cool.
    Great idea. Bring back Fredric Weis, put on the USA Olympic jersey, and you know what happens next...

Last edited by golden; Tue Feb 12th, 2013 at 12:00 AM.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Always preferred the sound on this copy....I swear I've rewatched the same version of this clip for at least 10 years.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see ross don the carter jersey, and do a 360 through the legs if he can. (refer to video posted on 1st page of thread by user "season" at 35 seconds) its sorta poetic to combine carter's 360 windmill, and through the legs dunk.

anyways, I'm embarassed by how much though I've put into this.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    360 between the legs
    oops didn't see this.

Raptors Republic Rookie AlienOverlord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagine this: Instead of doing a windmill where your arm goes round you put your arm out straight and do a 360 with your torso so that your body is almost horizontal. I'll call it the screw driver. Might want some cushions there in case he misses and can't use the rim to straighten himself again.
    The alternate statue gives me an idea. Instead of looking long by stretching out your legs how about bringing them up into a meditative cross? It will make his hops look huge because his feet are so far off the ground. I'll call it the transcendent dunk.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool if he dons the Carter Jersey but hopefully he wears the Raps away Black or away Red leave the home jersey at home...The white is going to look so meh...

Post Thanks / Like

I hate the Dunk contests now..............

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    +1
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he has any chance of winning. Ever since Demar was robbed, I've decided that Raptors will have no chance unless they bring a real live Raptor to the gym and dunk on it.

But my ideas are:

Dunk over Vince Carter (even better if he can tea-bag him on the way up from Raps Nation).
    One of the two VC dunks - 360 windmill or elbow in rim dunk - while wearing the purple VC jersey.
    Through the legs with one ball, alley-oop off the glass with a second ball (throw off glass with one hand, perform through the legs, then grab ball off glass for dunk #2).
    Eat a spoonful of Primo Pasta sitting on the rim ala the birthday candle cupcake dunk.
    Kyle Lowry bounces ball between legs off glass, Ross jumps over Lowry to take oop off of glass.

Anything involving a real live Velociraptor.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly, Ross will get robbed again I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote phiLLy wrote: View Post
    Sadly, Ross will get robbed again I believe.
    If there was an A-list name in the lineup (like Dwight Howard or Blake Griffin), then I would agree that Ross wouldn't have a chance. Not because he's not skilled enough, but because the big names always get the votes (the judges are human, after all).

But this year's contest seems fairly even in terms of league-wide popularity. No single participant is a house-hold name. I think Ross will have as good a chance as anyone.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

I watched all the contestants' videos posted on NBA.com and Ross' dunks looked the most vicious,with the most hand speed at the release. I think this is his strength, although he does have that nice "flight" look similar to the great MJ. His other big advantage, I think, is his rookie teammate, Quincy Acy. Acy's highlight NCAA dunks were spectacular. Ross should use him as a sparring partner to warm up, and maybe just go freeform. Manimal seemed to be leaning toward winging it when the day comes. (That guy is so cool!)

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    +1
    +2

I don't like all those side contests, I do think it would be fun to include a one on one contest between the top guys in the league.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gerald Green wins , I'm usually good with gut feelings, Ross comes in third.

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea that a poster/posters on here have expressed, with Ross recreating VC's dunks.

At this point there is nothing new that can be done, the prop fiasco has proved that. The dunks by Vince, would win any dunk contest ever held. So even repeating them, is a commendable feat.

Ross being a Raptor, plays into it even better, because it shows our respect for those that came before. I think a Carter recreation, no need to wear his jersey, would be awesome and everyone would understand and respect the motive for the display.
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Tue Feb 12th, 2013 at 02:54 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep thinking they should add a 1 on 1 event for Saturday night.. 4 guys picked for a 1 on 1 tournament with each game going to 11, make it-take it. who doesn't want to see Durant, kobe, and LeBron in a 1 on 1 battle?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    Gerald Green wins , I'm usually good with gut feelings, Ross comes in third.
    I hope he does his cupcake dunk again. That was so [not] exciting!

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    +2

I don't like all those side contests, I do think it would be fun to include a one on one contest between the top guys in the league.
    oops didn't see this before I posted

Raptors Republic Starter mike, prague's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DD didn't make it to the final round did he????

I really hope he gives Ross some expert advice by showing him his final round dunk!

Thread Information