Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dunks that you want to see Ross do on saturday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadly, Ross will get robbed again I believe.

Comment

phiLLy wrote: View Post
      Sadly, Ross will get robbed again I believe.
      If there was an A-list name in the lineup (like Dwight Howard or Blake Griffin), then I would agree that Ross wouldn't have a chance. Not because he's not skilled enough, but because the big names always get the votes (the judges are human, after all).

But this year's contest seems fairly even in terms of league-wide popularity. No single participant is a house-hold name. I think Ross will have as good a chance as anyone.

Comment

I watched all the contestants' videos posted on NBA.com and Ross' dunks looked the most vicious,with the most hand speed at the release. I think this is his strength, although he does have that nice "flight" look similar to the great MJ. His other big advantage, I think, is his rookie teammate, Quincy Acy. Acy's highlight NCAA dunks were spectacular. Ross should use him as a sparring partner to warm up, and maybe just go freeform. Manimal seemed to be leaning toward winging it when the day comes. (That guy is so cool!)

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
          I hate the Dunk contests now..............
          Nilanka wrote: View Post
          +1
          +2

I don't like all those side contests, I do think it would be fun to include a one on one contest between the top guys in the league.

Comment

Gerald Green wins , I'm usually good with gut feelings, Ross comes in third.
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

I like the idea that a poster/posters on here have expressed, with Ross recreating VC's dunks.

At this point there is nothing new that can be done, the prop fiasco has proved that. The dunks by Vince, would win any dunk contest ever held. So even repeating them, is a commendable feat.

Ross being a Raptor, plays into it even better, because it shows our respect for those that came before. I think a Carter recreation, no need to wear his jersey, would be awesome and everyone would understand and respect the motive for the display.
              Last edited by BasketballCrush; Tue Feb 12, 2013, 03:54 PM.

Comment

I keep thinking they should add a 1 on 1 event for Saturday night.. 4 guys picked for a 1 on 1 tournament with each game going to 11, make it-take it. who doesn't want to see Durant, kobe, and LeBron in a 1 on 1 battle?

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                  Gerald Green wins , I'm usually good with gut feelings, Ross comes in third.
                  I hope he does his cupcake dunk again. That was so [not] exciting!

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                    +2

I don't like all those side contests, I do think it would be fun to include a one on one contest between the top guys in the league.
                    oops didn't see this before I posted

Comment

DD didn't make it to the final round did he????

I really hope he gives Ross some expert advice by showing him his final round dunk!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        If there was an A-list name in the lineup (like Dwight Howard or Blake Griffin), then I would agree that Ross wouldn't have a chance. Not because he's not skilled enough, but because the big names always get the votes (the judges are human, after all).

But this year's contest seems fairly even in terms of league-wide popularity. No single participant is a house-hold name. I think Ross will have as good a chance as anyone.
                        True, but I feel like the media will try to conjure up a sentimental story about Gerald Green's comeback to the NBA, having played internationally...White, also, has the Cinderella factor that commentators can run with.

I'm going with Ross finishing third. (Shameless self promotion attached in link. Sorry.)

Celebrating the Futility of the Toronto Raptors:
                        http://www.holycraptors.com

Comment

Working...
                        X