RUMOUR: Raptors Inquired About Spurs Blair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    But if a team like the spurs is giving him away, you know there's something iffy there.
    Not exactly. Blair is playing behind Duncan and Splitter. No time for a guy with his potential contributions.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Would anyone care for Joseph if he wasn't Canadian?

Nationality aside, I see a player who barely belongs in the NBA.
      I think he is stuck on a veteran heavy team who probably doesn't have time at the moment to let him develop on the court. If he were on a team like ours, we would at least see whether he is a capable NBA player

Comment

ESPN's rumor section today mentioned that SA was just trying to figure out Blair's value, given his upcoming restricted-FA status and the fact that he's stuck behind Bonner/Diaw (has become 5th big). I think it's just SA's management team doing their due-dilligence, to ensure they have all necessary info available to them in the offseason, when it comes time to decide what they want to do with Blair (ie: trade at deadline, re-sign, match and re-sign, not match, S&T in offseason). I wouldn't read much into the rumor.

Comment

Checkines wrote: View Post
          I think he is stuck on a veteran heavy team who probably doesn't have time at the moment to let him develop on the court. If he were on a team like ours, we would at least see whether he is a capable NBA player
          Duncan is sitting down who knows how many games now... and if the spurs are still willing to give Blair away - hoops hype reported there were talks with other clubs as well, something is not right there. I was surprised to see this report this morning; I thought they were high on Blair.

Comment

I wouldn't mind Blair.

This is a guy who was a mid-first round pick talent until the news of his knees came out.

Comment

Well if we're just trading AA for him, I have no problem. AA is an expiring, minimum value contract. If he can be turned into anything, either in a package, or on his own for someone like Joseph, I'd be very happy.

Comment

I'd be interested in Joseph is he were from Antarctica.
                In 21 games with the Toros, Joseph is averaging 19pts, 5rpg, 5apg, 2spg while shooting 45% on all FGs, and 43% on 3pts.

And while yes, granted it is only the D-League, more than a few guys have gone down there and not a done a damn thing.
                However, like the Summer League, DLeague tells you who CAN'T play, more than who CAN.
                Still, I'm of the opinion that Joseph will find a steady role in the NBA at some point.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  I wouldn't mind Blair.

This is a guy who was a mid-first round pick talent until the news of his knees came out.
                  Agreed.
                  Not sure what transpired in SA to get him so far in the Dog House, but this is a guy who had some serious upside a few years back.

In the very rare occasions when he actually gets to play this season (he's on my Dynasty team, so I know all about his season unfortunately) he has managed to stay ready and contribute quite effectively. I'd give it a go if we could have him for Anderson.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    Agreed.
                    Not sure what transpired in SA to get him so far in the Dog House, but this is a guy who had some serious upside a few years back.

In the very rare occasions when he actually gets to play this season (he's on my Dynasty team, so I know all about his season unfortunately) he has managed to stay ready and contribute quite effectively. I'd give it a go if we could have him for Anderson.
                    A big issue is with Pop as well. He is a great coach and probably the number one guy I'd want to go to dinner with in the NBA but he wreaks havoc with his lineup rotations. Guys go to the front and back of the bench on a whim at times it seems - take a look at Bonner's game log for minutes. A big factor is the play of Splitter too.

He is also just turning 24 in April. He would be another young veteran with 4 years already in the league.

Comment

Because he was drafted by the best drafting team in the league
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        The same team who drafted Marcus Denmon, Adam Hanga, Ryan Richards, Jack McClinton, Nando De Colo, James Gist, Damir Markota, Romain Sato, and Sergei Karaulov in the last 10 years.

I don't disagree that the Spurs have great scouts, but that alone isn't reason enough to love a guy who hasn't done anything to show he can play in this league.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          In the first round, no less. That being said. I doubt SA would give up on a first-rounder. If they think he has serious potential, they probably won't trade him -- if they don't he's probably not worth having.

That's the difficulty in trading with SA; pretty hard to get the better of that scouting team/management.

Comment

I don't disagree that the Spurs have great scouts, but that alone isn't reason enough to love a guy who hasn't done anything to show he can play in this league.
                            Also the team that had the draft rights to Scola and felt "forced" to trade them because they had a full big rotation at the time...even the best organizations make bad choices sometimes. I don't know if Joseph has anything to offer, but I agree with you that just because San Antonio drafted him, doesn't really mean we can read into it that much.

I'm mostly ok with any trade that gets us a 3rd PG for the rest of the year. I realize we may be stuck with Lucas taking most of those backup minutes, but I don't like that there are no other options or extra insurance, given Lowry's high-contact style.

Comment

I don't see how you bring in Blair without getting Joseph. Spurs rarely "lose" trades. At least if we get Joseph our 3rd PG role is filled with a young player who -from what little I've seen- is perfect for the role. With Blair's weird health issue I would demand a second asset.

I would seriously consider taking Blair but not on his own. But who would we be offering them? Gray? AA? I doubt Bargnani fits.

EDIT: Nando De Colo has been playing well of late.

Comment

Basically anything you get from the Spurs is going to be a diamond in the rough. I dont know if anyone watched the Bulls get spanked last night by the Spurs bench but I did the team is so incredibly orchestrated If I was building a team I would choose Pop over any other coach in the NBA, he knows how to get his players to perform he demands respect and they respect him and they execute.

If you start your career in the Spurs system you can move to another team and take all those fundamentals with you and still contribute, they draft so well Manu Ginobli was the 52nd pick need I remind you.

Comment

Working...
                                X