RUMOUR: Raptors Inquired About Spurs Blair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUMOUR: Raptors Inquired About Spurs Blair

ESPN's Chris Broussard mention earlier this morning that apparently the Raptors and Spurs had some talks about DeJuan Blair. All talks are now off according to Broussard. That being said, would you guys like Blair here in Toronto?

@Chris_Broussard Will SA finally part with DeJuan Blair? Word is he could be gone before 2/21. SA talked with Toronto wks ago
    Link - Click here

I wouldn't mind. He's an improvement over gray, so he fills a need. He wouldn't hinder JV's development because he can't command big minutes due to his knees. Decent backup but little defensive game to speak of. I wouldn't give up much for him though. Maybe Anderson or gray with a potential second rounder. No more than that though.

Comment

I've always liked Blair. He isn't going to dominate a game, but he can certainly dominate on the boards. Is definitely a rotation worthy NBA big.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I'd be interested for sure, perhaps a Anderson and Lucas for Blair and Corey Joseph...I realize Joseph isn't ready to be a #2 but he'd be worth trying to develop

Comment

I'd take anyone from the Spurs. ANYONE.
          Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

Ok I always liked his skill level, but he's just a depth big. Too slow to guard most PFs, and way too small to guard Cs. I admit he somehow always produces, but he just doesn't bring anything to help the team get to another level. HE is not an improvement over Gray because he'd be far worse defensively as a centre. His lack of quickness might lead to him losing playing time to Acy at the PF. In the end, I'd have a hard time seeing him as the right 3rd big next to JV and Amir, and not a better depth big than what we already have for the respective roles you need in depth....again, there's a reason he's not playing in SAN, and it's not his skill.

Comment

Checkines wrote: View Post
              I'd be interested for sure, perhaps a Anderson and Lucas for Blair and Corey Joseph...I realize Joseph isn't ready to be a #2 but he'd be worth trying to develop
              I would be ok with trying to get Joseph. You could trade him straight up for Anderson, who would be good insurance for San Antonio. No need to involve Blair or trade Lucas and still have a depth problem at PG.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=begbewp

Comment

I'd love to get Joseph too. Blair and Joseph wouldn't nearly match the salary of Bargs though. We'd likely have to take back Jackson in a deal like this, which I don't see happening.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    I would be ok with trying to get Joseph. You could trade him straight up for Anderson, who would be good insurance for San Antonio. No need to involve Blair or trade Lucas and still have a depth problem at PG.
                    +1

Comment

Would anyone care for Joseph if he wasn't Canadian?

Nationality aside, I see a player who barely belongs in the NBA.

Comment

Hmmm! I personally like this idea, Blair would be a great fit, and a solid guy for BOTH small ball, or big lineups. Big body that can rebound, defend, and offensively get you those put-backs and finishes off screens. If we can also get Cory Joseph along, I would love it.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Cory Joseph when getting playing time, has the potential to be an elite defending point guard. Similar to an Avery Bradley type point guard.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

His d-league numbers are outstanding, which could mean nothing. However, given that he only played one year of college and seems to be consistently developing, I think he has a future as a solid back up option in the NBA.

Comment

ScottBaird wrote: View Post
                              I'd take anyone from the Spurs. ANYONE.
                              But if a team like the spurs is giving him away, you know there's something iffy there.

Comment

Working...
                              X