Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 325

Thread: GT Raptors Vs Knickerbockers: Tough game before a long but hopefully exciting break.

  1. #281
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    A change of scenery might do both sides some good, the only problem is the kid is not playing well enough to interest other teams to take on his contract. You basically need another GM to see "potential" like we once did, and that may be hard considering the resume.
    Kinda hard to see the potential when you have a $22 Million worth of fog in front of you.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  2. #282
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bargnani's problem is he cant be taught to have a heart.

  3. #283
    Raptors Republic Starter T.Dot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    218
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Bargnani's problem is he cant be taught to have a heart.
    We don't know what problem he has, we only see what's on the outside.

  4. #284
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bargnani has boggled the mind of every coach, analyst and basketball fan out there he is a complete enigma. Im glad that Casey now sees it, Gave him a quick hook out of the game.

  5. #285
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't say this very often but DD was damn impressive tonight. And that's how he needs to play. He needs to be more aggressive attacking the basket. If he continues to do that, he'll get to the line alot.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  6. #286
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    At this point, they should just amnesty him.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  7. #287
    Raptors Republic Starter T.Dot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    218
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Bargnani has boggled the mind of every coach, analyst and basketball fan out there he is a complete enigma. Im glad that Casey now sees it, Gave him a quick hook out of the game.
    Yeah well we'll just have to see how bad or good of an effect that hook is.

  8. #288
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,902
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This team as essembled is a playoff team. With one extra move we could contend. What's that move? J Smoove. At this point I'd be willing to trade Andrea Bargnani and Terrence Ross for Josh Smith. If he agrees to resign in the off season.

  9. #289
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    This team as essembled is a playoff team. With one extra move we could contend. What's that move? J Smoove. At this point I'd be willing to trade Andrea Bargnani and Terrence Ross for Josh Smith. If he agrees to resign in the off season.
    The move is waiting for JV to develop and not screwing the chances to add a piece when that happens, because that will be the true moment to evaluate what's missing. I don't want J-Smoove and his max contract attitude with never made an all-star appearance game.

  10. #290
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



    Love this commercial I hope it gets updated cause the song is a great fit (Im a huge Alicia Keys fan so goddam FINE)

  11. #291
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,902
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    The move is waiting for JV to develop and not screwing the chances to add a piece when that happens, because that will be the true moment to evaluate what's missing. I don't want J-Smoove and his max contract attitude with never made an all-star appearance game.
    Rudy has never been an all-star either. About the attitude people use to say the same thing about K-low. If wait for JV K-low and Rudy might still be here. We need to take advantage of theses times.

  12. #292
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Rudy has never been an all-star either. About the attitude people use to say the same thing about K-low. If wait for JV K-low and Rudy might still be here. We need to take advantage of theses times.
    Lowry will never command max money, and his attitude isn't a problem in terms of thinking he's the best player on the team. His poor shot selection I don't think is because of ego. For now Rudy is the only max player we can afford to have, and we should try and maneuver to have some flexibility when we have to re-sign him (if things keep working out)...If we commit to Smith, that's not happening.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Feb 14th, 2013 at 12:08 AM.

  13. #293
    Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Looks like Derozan took Melo out of the allstar game

    ...

    The New York Knicks forward suffered the injury early in the first quarter of the Knicks' 92-88 loss to Toronto when DeMar DeRozan elbowed him in the arm on a drive.

    Anthony said he felt numbness throughout the game and called the contusion "kind of deep."

    If he feels discomfort leading up to Sunday evening's game, Anthony said he would sit out rather than risk further injury.

    "I'm not going to force it, definitely not going to force it," Anthony said. "As bad as I would want to play in the All-Star Game, participate, if I can't go, I can't go. Nothing I can do about that."

    2013 NBA All-Star Game

    The 2013 NBA All-Star Game will take place Feb. 17 in Houston. ESPN has the entire All-Star weekend covered. Index

    Anthony struggled with his shot throughout the Knicks' loss on Wednesday, their third in four games heading into the All-Star break.

    Anthony missed 19-of-24 shots and had just 12 points. It was the third game this season in which he failed to score 20 points.

    The injury affected Anthony's shot throughout the game.

    "It was kind of like a dead arm out there," he said. "Just a matter of trying to get through it, trying to get some feeling back into it."
    I was laughing when he said he had a dead arm, as if you are not going to go to the trainers about that, lol, excuses are excuses. Arm looked good to me when he shot that open three. Must really bite to lose to the raptors, have guilt about it, and miss the allstar game.

    Side Note: Their announcers were calling this the worst loss of the season. So the pressure in NY right now must be intense, there had to be a reason why Melo shot 19-24, and if you can say your arm was dead, you say your arm was dead. LOL, I did not see trainers looking at it, or him shaking it off or anything, watched a lot of melo that game, just think he is making excuses.

    Loving that win, especially when it makes Melo whine like this.
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Feb 14th, 2013 at 01:24 AM.

  14. #294
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've always hate Melo, and I'm glad Fields/Gay/Anderson shut him down tonight. Everyone kept saying he had a bad game? Well, if you watched the game, he clearly got sucked out of the game.
    Same goes for Gay too though... But, he impacted his team more than Melo impacted the Knicks in terms of positive play.

    Derozan was great, steps up whenever Gay is in foul/shooting trouble.

    Fields did a nice job stepping into the starting lineup to play D, really loved his overall play too.

    Am I the only one who wouldn't mind that starting lineup almost every night? Lowry, Derozan, Fields, Gay, Valanciunas. All 5 guys are capable of rebounding, Gay at 6'8/6'9, and JV at 7', we don't lose too much size.

  15. #295
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh yeah. #AlanAndersonfor6thman

  16. #296
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Bargnani has boggled the mind of every coach, analyst and basketball fan out there he is a complete enigma. Im glad that Casey now sees it, Gave him a quick hook out of the game.
    Bargnani is not an enigma.

    An enigma is a riddle that requires ingenuity and careful thought for its solution.

    Bargnani is just lazy.

  17. #297
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Love beating the Knicks at MSG. Say what you want about the game, there is still nothing better than beating the Knicks at home and shutting up their annoying and awful fans.

    Best game of the year.

  18. #298
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    His Defense gave up 2 dunks and he couldnt get a rebound off a freethrow the team as a whole is getting pretty intense NY came out to Bully Raps fought back and executed. Bargnani just treats every game the same doesnt matter that the score is Casey pulled him cause he just oesnt give a shit.

    Bargnani moved his hand out his idea of contesting a drive dunk... Such a nightmare.
    I have not seen the replays but on both possessions it looked like the perimeter defender lost contact with the ball handler, Bargnani switched to stop the ball, the ball handler passed to Chandler (who Bargnani just left), and Chandler dunked the ball.

    Bargnani looked bad on the plays as he was the only Raptor in the immediate vicinity. I am far from certain that it was his fault. Actually, I was quite happy that he rotated as that's one of his biggest weaknesses. I would have preferred he hacked Chandler on the first possession (I thought he was within reach) than allow him to dunk.

    Bargani was taken out of the game at that point but not for a big. Casey went small for the remainder of the game.

    I don't mean to suggest Bargnani played well - he did not - but I wish the haters would find fault with everything he does, even correctly, if the outcome of a particular play went against the Raptors.

  19. #299
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,965
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    I have not seen the replays but on both possessions it looked like the perimeter defender lost contact with the ball handler, Bargnani switched to stop the ball, the ball handler passed to Chandler (who Bargnani just left), and Chandler dunked the ball.

    Bargnani looked bad on the plays as he was the only Raptor in the immediate vicinity. I am far from certain that it was his fault. Actually, I was quite happy that he rotated as that's one of his biggest weaknesses. I would have preferred he hacked Chandler on the first possession (I thought he was within reach) than allow him to dunk.

    Bargani was taken out of the game at that point but not for a big. Casey went small for the remainder of the game.

    I don't mean to suggest Bargnani played well - he did not - but I wish the haters would find fault with everything he does, even correctly, if the outcome of a particular play went against the Raptors.
    It was a half-assed rotation (i.e. not completely stepping up to take the charge on Felton, or not sticking with Chandler like glue). He was literally caught in no-man's land on 2 straight possessions in a vital stretch of the game.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  20. #300
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    I don't want Andra shooting 3's he is a 7 footer, we have already enough guys shooting threes. He also makes them at a rate that you cant' even brag about, his efficiency for 3pt shooting is mediocre compared to those that specialize in that shot.
    We do? I thought it's an area in which we are weak.

    Although Andrea's percentage is low this year, his career percentage is better than Lowry and Gay, for example. I'd rather Lowry takes a three than Andrea but not Gay. And I prefer Anderson if it's a corner 3.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •