Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT Raptors Vs Knickerbockers: Tough game before a long but hopefully exciting break.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this point, they should just amnesty him.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      Bargnani has boggled the mind of every coach, analyst and basketball fan out there he is a complete enigma. Im glad that Casey now sees it, Gave him a quick hook out of the game.
      Yeah well we'll just have to see how bad or good of an effect that hook is.

Comment

• This team as essembled is a playoff team. With one extra move we could contend. What's that move? J Smoove. At this point I'd be willing to trade Andrea Bargnani and Terrence Ross for Josh Smith. If he agrees to resign in the off season.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          This team as essembled is a playoff team. With one extra move we could contend. What's that move? J Smoove. At this point I'd be willing to trade Andrea Bargnani and Terrence Ross for Josh Smith. If he agrees to resign in the off season.
          The move is waiting for JV to develop and not screwing the chances to add a piece when that happens, because that will be the true moment to evaluate what's missing. I don't want J-Smoove and his max contract attitude with never made an all-star appearance game.

Comment

• Love this commercial I hope it gets updated cause the song is a great fit (Im a huge Alicia Keys fan so goddam FINE)

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              The move is waiting for JV to develop and not screwing the chances to add a piece when that happens, because that will be the true moment to evaluate what's missing. I don't want J-Smoove and his max contract attitude with never made an all-star appearance game.
              Rudy has never been an all-star either. About the attitude people use to say the same thing about K-low. If wait for JV K-low and Rudy might still be here. We need to take advantage of theses times.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Rudy has never been an all-star either. About the attitude people use to say the same thing about K-low. If wait for JV K-low and Rudy might still be here. We need to take advantage of theses times.
                Lowry will never command max money, and his attitude isn't a problem in terms of thinking he's the best player on the team. His poor shot selection I don't think is because of ego. For now Rudy is the only max player we can afford to have, and we should try and maneuver to have some flexibility when we have to re-sign him (if things keep working out)...If we commit to Smith, that's not happening.
                Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Feb 14, 2013, 01:08 AM.

Comment

• Looks like Derozan took Melo out of the allstar game

The New York Knicks forward suffered the injury early in the first quarter of the Knicks' 92-88 loss to Toronto when DeMar DeRozan elbowed him in the arm on a drive.

Anthony said he felt numbness throughout the game and called the contusion "kind of deep."

If he feels discomfort leading up to Sunday evening's game, Anthony said he would sit out rather than risk further injury.

"I'm not going to force it, definitely not going to force it," Anthony said. "As bad as I would want to play in the All-Star Game, participate, if I can't go, I can't go. Nothing I can do about that."

2013 NBA All-Star Game

The 2013 NBA All-Star Game will take place Feb. 17 in Houston. ESPN has the entire All-Star weekend covered. Index

Anthony struggled with his shot throughout the Knicks' loss on Wednesday, their third in four games heading into the All-Star break.

Anthony missed 19-of-24 shots and had just 12 points. It was the third game this season in which he failed to score 20 points.

The injury affected Anthony's shot throughout the game.

"It was kind of like a dead arm out there," he said. "Just a matter of trying to get through it, trying to get some feeling back into it."
                  I was laughing when he said he had a dead arm, as if you are not going to go to the trainers about that, lol, excuses are excuses. Arm looked good to me when he shot that open three. Must really bite to lose to the raptors, have guilt about it, and miss the allstar game.

Side Note: Their announcers were calling this the worst loss of the season. So the pressure in NY right now must be intense, there had to be a reason why Melo shot 19-24, and if you can say your arm was dead, you say your arm was dead. LOL, I did not see trainers looking at it, or him shaking it off or anything, watched a lot of melo that game, just think he is making excuses.

Loving that win, especially when it makes Melo whine like this.
                  Last edited by BasketballCrush; Thu Feb 14, 2013, 02:24 AM.

Comment

• I've always hate Melo, and I'm glad Fields/Gay/Anderson shut him down tonight. Everyone kept saying he had a bad game? Well, if you watched the game, he clearly got sucked out of the game.
                    Same goes for Gay too though... But, he impacted his team more than Melo impacted the Knicks in terms of positive play.

Derozan was great, steps up whenever Gay is in foul/shooting trouble.

Fields did a nice job stepping into the starting lineup to play D, really loved his overall play too.

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind that starting lineup almost every night? Lowry, Derozan, Fields, Gay, Valanciunas. All 5 guys are capable of rebounding, Gay at 6'8/6'9, and JV at 7', we don't lose too much size.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Oh yeah. #AlanAndersonfor6thman
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Bargnani has boggled the mind of every coach, analyst and basketball fan out there he is a complete enigma. Im glad that Casey now sees it, Gave him a quick hook out of the game.
                        Bargnani is not an enigma.

An enigma is a riddle that requires ingenuity and careful thought for its solution.

Bargnani is just lazy.

Comment

• Love beating the Knicks at MSG. Say what you want about the game, there is still nothing better than beating the Knicks at home and shutting up their annoying and awful fans.

Best game of the year.

Comment

His Defense gave up 2 dunks and he couldnt get a rebound off a freethrow the team as a whole is getting pretty intense NY came out to Bully Raps fought back and executed. Bargnani just treats every game the same doesnt matter that the score is Casey pulled him cause he just oesnt give a shit.

Bargnani moved his hand out his idea of contesting a drive dunk... Such a nightmare.
                            I have not seen the replays but on both possessions it looked like the perimeter defender lost contact with the ball handler, Bargnani switched to stop the ball, the ball handler passed to Chandler (who Bargnani just left), and Chandler dunked the ball.

Bargnani looked bad on the plays as he was the only Raptor in the immediate vicinity. I am far from certain that it was his fault. Actually, I was quite happy that he rotated as that's one of his biggest weaknesses. I would have preferred he hacked Chandler on the first possession (I thought he was within reach) than allow him to dunk.

Bargani was taken out of the game at that point but not for a big. Casey went small for the remainder of the game.

I don't mean to suggest Bargnani played well - he did not - but I wish the haters would find fault with everything he does, even correctly, if the outcome of a particular play went against the Raptors.

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                              I have not seen the replays but on both possessions it looked like the perimeter defender lost contact with the ball handler, Bargnani switched to stop the ball, the ball handler passed to Chandler (who Bargnani just left), and Chandler dunked the ball.

Bargnani looked bad on the plays as he was the only Raptor in the immediate vicinity. I am far from certain that it was his fault. Actually, I was quite happy that he rotated as that's one of his biggest weaknesses. I would have preferred he hacked Chandler on the first possession (I thought he was within reach) than allow him to dunk.

Bargani was taken out of the game at that point but not for a big. Casey went small for the remainder of the game.

I don't mean to suggest Bargnani played well - he did not - but I wish the haters would find fault with everything he does, even correctly, if the outcome of a particular play went against the Raptors.
                              It was a half-assed rotation (i.e. not completely stepping up to take the charge on Felton, or not sticking with Chandler like glue). He was literally caught in no-man's land on 2 straight possessions in a vital stretch of the game.

Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                                I don't want Andra shooting 3's he is a 7 footer, we have already enough guys shooting threes. He also makes them at a rate that you cant' even brag about, his efficiency for 3pt shooting is mediocre compared to those that specialize in that shot.
                                We do? I thought it's an area in which we are weak.

Although Andrea's percentage is low this year, his career percentage is better than Lowry and Gay, for example. I'd rather Lowry takes a three than Andrea but not Gay. And I prefer Anderson if it's a corner 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X