Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT Raptors Vs Knickerbockers: Tough game before a long but hopefully exciting break.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    It was a half-assed rotation (i.e. not completely stepping up to take the charge on Felton, or not sticking with Chandler like glue). He was literally caught in no-man's land on 2 straight possessions in a vital stretch of the game.
    And it was half-assed as you say, how do you qualify the effort of the other Raptor that did not even appear in the picture?

Bargnani rotated - whether well or not - and someone else obviously did not.

I do hope Bargnani gets traded.

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
      You and me both.

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
        And it was half-assed as you say, how do you qualify the effort of the other Raptor that did not even appear in the picture?

Bargnani rotated - whether well or not - and someone else obviously did not.

Totally agree, at least he did rotate. Nobody is mentioning the other Raptors that didn't because Bargnani is the scapegoat for everything thats wrong with this team.

Comment

• T.Dot wrote: View Post
          Totally agree, at least he did rotate. Nobody is mentioning the other Raptors that didn't because Bargnani is the scapegoat for everything thats wrong with this team.
          The "other Raptors" were contributing in other ways. What did Bargnani provide?

It's always someone else's fault in Bargnani-land.

Comment

The "other Raptors" were contributing in other ways. What did Bargnani provide?

It's always someone else's fault in Bargnani-land.
            Oh wow, so you make excuses for them but we can't make one for him. The hypocrisy. He doesn't get the ball at all. When he boxes out he very rarely has a chance to get the rebound because someone is always flying in to take it. Casey is not utilizing his skills AT ALL. You want him to play and buy into what you're doing but you won't even run one play for the guy? The so called 'point guards' of this team can't even assist. It's too laughable. You know in certain situations he can't create his own shot, the point of having a point guard is to distribute then score, not the other way around. That's the difference between Calderon and KL & JLIII, he knows when to pass and to score.

Comment

Oh wow, so you make excuses for them but we can't make one for him. The hypocrisy. He doesn't get the ball at all. When he boxes out he very rarely has a chance to get the rebound because someone is always flying in to take it. Casey is not utilizing his skills AT ALL. You want him to play and buy into what you're doing but you won't even run one play for the guy? The so called 'point guards' of this team can't even assist. It's too laughable. You know in certain situations he can't create his own shot, the point of having a point guard is to distribute then score, not the other way around. That's the difference between Calderon and KL & JLIII, he knows when to pass and to score.
              While I tend to stay away from the Barg hate, I have to say, this is ridiculous. They do run plays for Bargniani, and he gets some shots. Casey has him on a short leash, just like most of his bench producers. If bargs produces in his time on the floor, he'll get more playing time. They can only spoon feed him so much

Comment

[Yawn.....]

If you're going to make excuses, at least come up with something new and original.

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                  While I tend to stay away from the Barg hate, I have to say, this is ridiculous. They do run plays for Bargniani, and he gets some shots. Casey has him on a short leash, just like most of his bench producers. If bargs produces in his time on the floor, he'll get more playing time. They can only spoon feed him so much
                  Yeah when? You give him shots when he's not even in rhythm and when it bricks, people say that's a bad shot he should've passed it and all that crap. Just like he had AA on a short leash when he was bricking every single shot. This game he hardly got the ball to say he can do something.

Comment

Yeah when? You give him shots when he's not even in rhythm and when it bricks, people say that's a bad shot he should've passed it and all that crap. Just like he had AA on a short leash when he was bricking every single shot. This game he hardly got the ball to say he can do something.
                    Except AA is a very, very solid defender. If Bargs isn't producing offensively, why keep him on the floor? for rebounding? I'd rather have Amir in for that

Comment

• In a completely unrelated note, I am officially a Raptors Republic All-Star. Biggest accomplishment of life

Comment

• Casey has seen enough of Bargnani now, and it look like Colangelo has put the team back in his hands. tonight Bargnani took a shot made it but gave up 8 points on D..... guy is a liability we got rd of Calderon who at least tried on D, time to move his partner too.

Comment

[Yawn.....]

If you're going to make excuses, at least come up with something new and original.
                          What I said is the truth, "new and original" w/e, I honestly don't give a hoot. If you're going to reply, the douchiness doesn't need to be so pungent.

Comment

Except AA is a very, very solid defender. If Bargs isn't producing offensively, why keep him on the floor? for rebounding? I'd rather have Amir in for that
                            If he doesn't get shots how is he going to produce? He could get rebounds, I'm not saying no that he can't do more of that. I'm saying that whenever he's on the floor, and he tries to put himself in a position to score, they still don't give the ball to him. When they have no other choice but to pass it to him, it's in late clock situations. When it doesn't go he gets a ton of blame.

Comment

If he doesn't get shots how is he going to produce? He could get rebounds, I'm not saying no that he can't do more of that. I'm saying that whenever he's on the floor, and he tries to put himself in a position to score, they still don't give the ball to him. When they have no other choice but to pass it to him, it's in late clock situations. When it doesn't go he gets a ton of blame.
                              I get where you're coming from, but I think this applies to most of the bench players. They don't get plays run for them, they just find ways to contribute offensively. And when they are contributing on the defensive end, coach Casey will give them extra minutes (Ross knows all about that, as he's been getting the early yank lately as well)

Comment

I get where you're coming from, but I think this applies to most of the bench players. They don't get plays run for them, they just find ways to contribute offensively. And when they are contributing on the defensive end, coach Casey will give them extra minutes (Ross knows all about that, as he's been getting the early yank lately as well)
                                AB is probably their most gifted offensive player off the bench. If you can't run at least one play for him, then he's basically useless.

Comment

Working...
                                X