Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: GT Raptors Vs Knickerbockers: Tough game before a long but hopefully exciting break.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You know Bargnani doesnt care when DeRozan and JV are yelling at him to play D, Was so impressed with DeMar tonight played a dam good game.

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote T.Dot wrote: View Post
    Have you not seen him asking for the ball? There were situations where they had no choice but to pass it to him and they took their own shot. And Gray doesn't have the same skillset andrea does
    exactly and he gets touches because he does not park on the 3pt line

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Knicks are going to be coming for blood next Friday at the ACC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    exactly and he gets touches because he does not park on the 3pt line
    does aaron gray shoot threes, does he have the ability to lift players off their feet to go to the basket

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want Andra shooting 3's he is a 7 footer, we have already enough guys shooting threes. He also makes them at a rate that you cant' even brag about, his efficiency for 3pt shooting is mediocre compared to those that specialize in that shot.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh yeah, offense is a part of his game when that's inadvertently taken away from you, sometimes your ability to do other things fade as well. Hey but what do I know...
    Your ability to play defense doesn't fade away when the offensive game is taken away (or struggling).

Your desire to play defense fades away when the offensive game is taken away (or struggling).

That is the problem.

For whatever reason Bargnani is not capable of consistently playing to the best of his ability.

Defensive effort and commitment is the only thing as a player you have complete control over when you are struggling. If a guy needs his offense to get his defense going, I don't want him on my team.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want Andra shooting 3's he is a 7 footer, we have already enough guys shooting threes.
    When you take that away, you take away part of his game. He doesn't have to shoot threes all the time but majority of the times he lifts the players off their feet with a fake it is useful.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Knicks are going to be coming for blood next Friday at the ACC
    I can't wait.

It is also 1 day after the trade deadline.

Fingers crossed on reason to celebrate.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

does aaron gray shoot threes, does he have the ability to lift players off their feet to go to the basket
    no but he can get a fucking rebound

Post Thanks / Like

When you take that away, you take away part of his game. He doesn't have to shoot threes all the time but majority of the times he lifts the players off their feet with a fake it is useful.
    catering to Andrea is why we were a lottery team during his prime years, so why should we pick the worst option that will make sure we lose, to keep Andrea happy on the stat sheet? you saw it, he was not the least interested in even fouling his man once beaten.
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Wed Feb 13th, 2013 at 10:46 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Back on the game of the night...I thought Lucas played very well in the 2nd half. Didn't let the game get away from the team. Not great, but he seems to just have that gear for 2nd half basketball...I found it odd again though, that he seemed to really struggle in the first half.

*By not great I mean as a creator. I know that's not his game, and I'm happy with the shots he makes, but I wish that the O could be a bit smoother when he's on the floor.

Post Thanks / Like

he protected that ball well, they were pressing him hard, have to give him props

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Your ability to play defense doesn't fade away when the offensive game is taken away (or struggling).

Your desire to play defense fades away when the offensive game is taken away (or struggling).

That is the problem.

For whatever reason Bargnani is not capable of consistently playing to the best of his ability.

Defensive effort and commitment is the only thing as a player you have complete control over when you are struggling. If a guy needs his offense to get his defense going, I don't want him on my team.
    Okay you do have a point and I completely understand everything you just said and I'm sure there are reasons why but he hasn't been completely known as a defensive threat has he?

Post Thanks / Like

catering to Andrea is why we were a lottery team during his prime years, so why should we pick the worst option that will make sure we lose, to keep Andrea happy on the stat sheet? you saw it, he was not the least interested in even fouling his man once beaten.
    Was it his fault that BryCo wanted to build around him? Was it his fault that he was drafted #1? Didn't BryCo not know what decisions he had to make?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Go to nba.com....ok, here it is...
    http://watch.nba.com/nba/subscribe

My prices are all in euros...and the price now is lower than at the start of the season. I know it's also an advantage in a sense because I'm in a country with no tv games....so there are no blackout rules of any kind that apply, so I really do get access to every single game of the season....the downside is it's 4:30 am...and I still can't help but want to stay up to watch Houston take on the Clippers
    *oh yeah, so I'd look into what any blackout rules might be like....
    Thanks alot man

yep I think I'm gonna watch this Houston game aswell. Really fun team to watch

Post Thanks / Like

Was it his fault that BryCo wanted to build around him? Was it his fault that he was drafted #1? Didn't BryCo not know what decisions he had to make?

no not at all, but that still does not explain the lack of effort, which is what disturbs the fans the most... we know he is talented, just does not seem to always care, its his career, his life, no need to fault the fans... the fans have been more than kind to him, gave him lots and lots of breaks earlier on. At this stage he is a man, so he should start playing up to his contract.
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Wed Feb 13th, 2013 at 10:59 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point, I don't even know what we'll get for Andrea. He was so bad against the Knicks tonight. Just downright indifferent.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

no not at all, but that still does not explain the lack of effort, which is what disturbs the fans the most... we know he is talented, just does not seem to always care, his career, his life, no need to fault the fans... the fans have been more than kind to him, gave him lots and lots of breaks earlier on. At this stage his a man, so he should start playing up to his contract.
    Well he is making it easier for BryCo to save his ass and to get rid of him. So I'm sure we won't be having this discussion a couple weeks from now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    At this point, I don't even know what we'll get for Andrea. He was so bad against the Knicks tonight. Just downright indifferent.
    A change of scenery might do both sides some good, the only problem is the kid is not playing well enough to interest other teams to take on his contract. You basically need another GM to see "potential" like we once did, and that may be hard considering the resume.

Post Thanks / Like

A change of scenery might do both sides some good, the only problem is the kid is not playing well enough to interest other teams to take on his contract. You basically need another GM to see "potential" like we once did, and that may be hard considering the resume.
    He honestly has not progressed as a player in Toronto. The different coaches, management, no one knows what has happened as to why that is but only time will tell what happens next.

Thread Information