prediction time:ross vs fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prediction time:ross vs fields

who do you guys think will have a bigger role on the team next year?

ross: more athletic/explosive, better footwork, better shot, defensive potential (he looks retardedly bad out there for someone with his lateral quickness)

fields: better decision maker, solid defender, better at moving without the ball.

keep in mind, it is possible fields can come back next year being a better shooter, and ross WILL come back with more experience. Talent aside, fields is the better fit for this team imo, especially if we get an impact player at PF (not holding my breath)

I am leaning towards fields, b/c terrence ross is all potential right now. anyone else want to weigh in?
    Last edited by akashsingh; Wed Feb 13, 2013, 07:22 PM.

oh yeah, and fields has the baddest bitch (tied down I might add), so maybe that will leave him with the better mindset/attitude, I don't know. haha a little joke.
    Last edited by akashsingh; Wed Feb 13, 2013, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I think Ross has a bigger role already...with the acquisition of Rudy, Landry's playing time has gone down steadily.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Both.

Fields can play 3 positions(2,3,4). So he's going to get his playing time. In my opinion he's the Raps best perimeter defender. He's a great cutter. High basketball IQ. I like him a lot.

Ross on the other hand is oozing with potential. Very athletic, great shooter. I think he'll be the team's 6th man next year.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Both.

Fields can play 3 positions(2,3,4). So he's going to get his playing time. In my opinion he's the Raps best perimeter defender. He's a great cutter. High basketball IQ. I like him a lot.

Ross on the other hand is oozing with potential. Very athletic, great shooter. I think he'll be the team's 6th man next year.
          yes good point, I feel stupid for not mentioning fields versatility. He is also growing on me.

Comment

Rosssssssssssssssssss
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Fields and Alden are engaged!!! Elaine Alden Fields!!! Check it out on Instagram ya'll! Landry did something pretty awesome.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I guess it all depends on how much Ross develops over the summer.

I kind of feel like he's being ignored a bit by the coaches. With Valanciunas being the much-heralded rookie, with a conscious effort made to bringing him up to speed, Ross seems to be left hanging in the wastelands.

If Ross was the only rookie on the team, I bet he'd be getting a lot more help/encouragement/leeway from the coaching staff.

Comment

Both.

Not to mention being one of if not the team's best rebounder.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I guess it all depends on how much Ross develops over the summer.

I kind of feel like he's being ignored a bit by the coaches...
                    Unfortunately, Ross has NOT been getting ignored by the coaches, because he insists on making bone-headed plays. Jumping into the air at every pump fake, taking bad shots and air-balling them, not driving but preferring to live on the perimeter...Now I don't know what kind of a role card Casey has written out for Ross, but I am willing to bet that the reason for his lack of minutes is because Ross hasn't memorized it. He is soooooo roookie this year.

I am hoping he works hard this summer and matures a little over next season. Fields is already one of the smartest players on the Raps, and the absolute best at off-ball movement. Fields shot should be 150% better next season. Ross will have to grow tremendously to displace fields (in terms of positive impact on the team).

Comment

It's an interesting question because there aren't minutes for 5 wings on the team. Derozan and Gay are going to get 35+ mins each, which leaves around 25 minutes for a third wing. If they keep Anderson, I just don't see how you get minutes to AA, Ross and Fields. Doesn't work. It isn't working now as Ross has been effectively frozen out.

Thing is, for as streaky a shooter as he is and for all his other flaws, Anderson brings as much or more to the table than either Ross or Fields at the moment mostly cause neither of those guys can shoot.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Unfortunately, Ross has NOT been getting ignored by the coaches, because he insists on making bone-headed plays. Jumping into the air at every pump fake, taking bad shots and air-balling them, not driving but preferring to live on the perimeter...Now I don't know what kind of a role card Casey has written out for Ross, but I am willing to bet that the reason for his lack of minutes is because Ross hasn't memorized it. He is soooooo roookie this year.

I am hoping he works hard this summer and matures a little over next season. Fields is already one of the smartest players on the Raps, and the absolute best at off-ball movement. Fields shot should be 150% better next season. Ross will have to grow tremendously to displace fields (in terms of positive impact on the team).
                        It's really a sign a of a rookie wanting to impress. Those same gambles in the past provided the highlight steal and dunk the other way. So I think he is remembering the magic, and kind of forcing it at this point. He just needs to be more patient, and the game will come to him. Takes a while for a young player to learn that.

Comment

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                          ...Takes a while for a young player to learn that.
                          True, true. Not that I don't think Ross will be a good player. It's just that all those people calling for Ross to get more minutes have to be willing to see the Raps do much worse on the court. Casey is paid to coach the team to wins. When he pulls Ross for making bone headed plays, that is what he is doing, trying to win. Casey doesn't believe, and I don't think many NBA coaches believe in giving Rooks extended minutes to learn on the floor during the season. Player development happens in the off-season and during practices. If Fields is playing better than Ross, play Fields. I don't believe coaches get their contracts extended because of excellent player development, unless they are assistant coaches. When the Raps are in every game with a 5 point margin between winning and losing, Ross needs to focus and we can't expect Casey to baby him. Casey's career as a coach depends on his winning %. No commentator is going to be saying about Casey "There's Dwayne Casey. He had a .335 winning % but he sure developed a lot of young players until he lost his head coaching job."

Comment

If Fields is still part of the team he'll be the main winger off the bench. IMO right now Ross is raw talent and nothing else. He needs to develop and I'm sure he will.
                            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Both.

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                              If Fields is still part of the team he'll be the main winger off the bench. IMO right now Ross is raw talent and nothing else. He needs to develop and I'm sure he will.
                              +1.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                              X