Thread: Alan Anderson = Anthony Parker?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Alan Anderson = Anthony Parker?

Does anyone else see similarities in their games? They have decently similar stats in their time with Toronto (Parker being the better 3pt shooter). Both not meant to be the first option on the court, but when they do shoot you either praise their skills as gods or want to rip your hair out. To anyone who might say Anthony Parker is more reserved as a player, our true Raptor fans vividly remember his continuous post-up fadeaways, drifters from the free throw line, and curling off screens into fadeaways. Not discounting AP's value, one of my favourite Raptors of all-time.

PS, long time reader first time poster. Real excited to be part of the RR community.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about this the other day, and while they may be having a similar impact stat wise, I think they are completely different players. Parker was a better "team" player. He could facilitate and blended in the offense well. Anderson seems to need the ball in his hands to be effective and stalls the offense quite a bit when he has the ball on the wing. I would also venture to say Parker was more consistant than Anderson, but that could be to having a more defined role.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Parker was a good blend of Fields and Anderson

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice post, and I'd say AP is a pretty good comparison with AP being a better 3 point shooter later in his career and AA being the more physical defender.

Much like AP, I think AA's future with the Raptors relies on his ability to change his game a bit more towards becoming a spot up shooter whom can spread the floor for Rudy, DeMar and our future low post scorer(s).

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good comparison, last night we saw the journeyman vet with high ball iq again our legit 6th man, I didnt know who he was the other last 2 weeks... He played smart last night which is the very least I expect from him. Relax Anderson pretty sure he will keep his job as long as he defends and hits a shot here and there.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We didn't see Parker venture into the paint as often as Anderson does.

And in terms of physique, Anderson seems bigger/stronger which makes him capable of guarding SGs and SFs interchangeably.

But I agree that Parker was the more consistent player. He didn't have this many "up & down" games. You pretty much knew exactly what you're going to get from Parker from one game to the next, whereas with Anderson, it's anyone's guess.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont really see any similarities between their games. The only similarity is that they're vets who can knock down a 3.

Parker was a far more versatile player with a much better offensive game.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Fields is much more like Parker, once his 3pt shot returns. Parker was a great defender (Fields much better defender than Anderson) and played really well off the ball (Fields is great at this, whereas Anderson needs the ball). Hopefully Fields' wrist gets back to 100% and he can practice his shooting in the offseason, so he can return as a solid glue guy next year, filling the Parker role for this team.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

AP could also slide over and play relief minutes at PG... if AA could do that, it'd be a huge bandaid solution to one of the team's most glaring issues currently.