I Believe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Believe!

The bottom line is, it doesn't matter what our record was prior to Gay arriving. In my opinion our record before the last 7 games tells us nothing. We are a completely different team, with a pretty even schedule in terms of tougness the rest of the way.

We are 5-2 in our last 7. One the games we lost was to Miami and it took the start of Lebrons historic streak for them to win, and the other loss was to Boston which is a tough team and the game could have gone either way.

We just won back to back games (albeit ugly) against denver and NYC, and have now won 4 in a row, 3 against above .500 teams after going 1-17 against above .500 teams prior to Gay arriving.

I'm not saying it won't be hard to win 65% of the rest of our games, but I'm not gonna say that I know enough about THIS team to say that we can't.

The effort level has always been there, now we have the talent to back it up. I think Milwaukee should be afraid

It's too bad the teams Toronto are fighting against for that last spot all seem to have won last night. Hopefully they keep up the momentum after the break and beat recently rejuvenated Washington.

I will say that I think any losing streak longer than 3 games will now kill any remaining hope. Even losing two in a row at this point seems enough to stifle perhaps this team's unrealistic shot at making the postseason.

All that being said, this team seems to be ballin' now and I won't count the raptors out yet.

Go Raptors!
    Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
      It's too bad the teams Toronto are fighting against for that last spot all seem to have won last night. Hopefully they keep up the momentum after the break and beat recently rejuvenated Washington.

I will say that I think any losing streak longer than 3 games will now kill any remaining hope. Even losing two in a row at this point seems enough to stifle perhaps this team's unrealistic shot at making the postseason.

All that being said, this team seems to be ballin' now and I won't count the raptors out yet.

Go Raptors!
      I look at this in more of a global sense. We can't lose 9 games, it doesn't really matter in which order it happens.

If we come away with a streak of winning out 8 of 11 or something like that, there can be a small losing streak in there

Comment

If we could somehow erase the schedules for all the teams and play out the remaining games, based on a combo of how their playing and strength of schedule I'd say the raps would finish 6th or higher, and possible even squeeze into home court advantage.

Unfortunately, that's not the case, and although the raps are playing good now, and have won some meaningful games, we're still in a big enough hole that it's still incredible unlikely. That said, if we continue to play well for another or week or two after the all-star break, and pull out a few more wins against quality teams and not lose to the teams underneath us, then I'll start to believe.

I've actually utter the phrase... if we continue to play like this for another week or so than we have a shot of getting back into the playoff discussions. And everytime the raps have reverted to the mean and lost a few games in a row killing momentum. That Boston lose was HUGE. There's now way we are going to catch the C#$tics now. I'm not trying to be a hater, or a pessimist, the raps are playing really well right now, and I'm happy about that. But they still have to show a crazy amount of mental toughness to maintain the high level of play.

The only team they have a chance of catching is the Bucks, who they play twice. IF they win BOTH those games, along with stealing a few (like the pacers and knicks games) then it's possible.

But they've got to get a few more quality wins against quality teams before I'm ready to believe. I've had my soul crashed two many times to get my (unrealistic hopes up).

Plus, I feel like we are a lock for the playoffs next year, so I won't be terribly disappointed if we don't make it to the second season this year.
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

yeah, looking through the schedule it just seems like it will be tough to pull off.. I see one stretch where we could pull off a 6 game win streak but for the rest it just seems like it will be tough to get on a roll because it seems like every 1 or 2 games we have to play a team that is likely to beat us... just have to play unbelievably well for the rest of the season to have a shot.. and also hope Milwaukee continues to struggle. Also our last 5 games of the season are against good teams and the Celtics are the only team I could see resting key players for the playoffs.. cant see Atlanta or Chicago sitting key players.

Comment

Really, best possible outcome is the Raps to trade Bargs for a decent starter quality player who is injured and can't play for three weeks, then finish one game out of the play-offs after a really good string of games. Turnover next years draft pick and pick it up in the off-season where Ross gets his head out of his fundament and JV puts on 8 pounds.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
              I look at this in more of a global sense. We can't lose 9 games, it doesn't really matter in which order it happens.

If we come away with a streak of winning out 8 of 11 or something like that, there can be a small losing streak in there
              There could. However, I was thinking more along the lines of the psychological effect of a 3 game losing streak on a team where they already know how big of a hole they're in.

If, for example, they lose the next 3 games, and go to 21-35, (14 games under .500) I think most people would come to terms that the playoffs are out of reach.
              Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                Really, best possible outcome is the Raps to trade Bargs for a decent starter quality player who is injured and can't play for three weeks, then finish one game out of the play-offs after a really good string of games. Turnover next years draft pick and pick it up in the off-season where Ross gets his head out of his fundament and JV puts on 8 pounds.
                Better outcome would be to make playoffs and get young players taste of playoffs for set up to next year.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  Better outcome would be to make playoffs and get young players taste of playoffs for set up to next year.
                  And get a draft pick this year and continuing getting a draft pick until it is unprotected and pick #26

Comment

Working...
                  X