Thread: Anderson dishes on Raptors teammates

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anderson dishes on Raptors teammates

Interesting read:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fan...tors-teammates

Best dancer: "Me and Quincy Acy. I've got pretty much everything; I'm versatile with it. I can give you the Dougie, I can give you the Kid 'n Play, I'll take it back old school, new school, whatever you want. Me and Q always dance during the pregame just to try to get ourselves going. Q's from Dallas, so he's got the D-town boogie."

Best dressed: "I'd have to put myself in there. I'd have to put John Lucas in there. I'm more of a grown-up dresser, not flashy. I like nice stuff, but it's not like jewelry and all that. Lucas is smaller, so he can get away with a lot of different looks. He's like a little rapper."

Best nickname: "Lucas is 'Easy Bake.' Every time he comes in the game, he starts heating up quick, so it's easy bake. I don't think fans in Toronto know that."

Biggest gym rat: "I think DeMar [DeRozan] is in the gym a lot, working on his game, shooting or whatever. He's probably better than a lot of the other guys. I'm always either one of the earliest or I'm always the latest."

Coolest car: "DeMar and Amir [Johnson] probably have the nicest cars. Panamera, Maserati -- anything you think of, they're rocking it. Amir's got something on one of his trucks. I don't know if it's matte black or charcoal, but it's pretty slick."

Funniest: "Amir Johnson or MP, Mickael Pietrus. You never know what to expect out of them. They might say something crazy or just you never know what they're thinking at any given time. You can be talking about something totally different, and they'll ask a question just off the wall, like, 'You know it's snowing outside?' and we're talking about basketball. Something like that. They love watching music videos, so on the plane instead of watching movies, they'll be watching like 25,000 videos. I don't even know what they're watching, but they're over there jamming for about an hour and a half. I bought those noise-cancellation headphones, so I can just fall asleep. You've got to have them."

Future coach: "Kyle [Lowry] is pretty good. He always has a pretty good feeling how teams are defending, and what's going to be open and what's not open. He's pretty good about that."

Most inspirational: "Maybe me. I just tell them, 'Leave everything out on the floor, so at the end of the game, we're not saying I wish I woulda, coulda, shoulda. Whether the outcome is win or lose, we left everything out there.' I'm definitely one of the top veterans. I'm second to the oldest now. We don't have an older team like the Knicks. Our oldest guy is 31."

Most interesting pregame routine: "Some guys, if they don't play good or shoot good in the first half, they'll change their shoes. Lucas changes his shoes. They won't go from like a Jordan XI to a XII; they'll go to a whole different shoe. They'll go from Jordan to KD [Kevin Durant], or KD to Kobe [Bryant]. I have no clue if that works out for them; you've got to ask them. Some guys pray right before they go out. We have a team chaplain; every team has that. Some guys have to use the bathroom before the game [laughs]. Some guys get taped at a certain time."
    Last edited by Arsenalist; Thu Feb 14th, 2013 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Added excerpt

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Easy Bake!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, interesting!

Easy Bake, lmao. Except, when he doesn't gt hot, it's shit -_-

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

aaaawww, now i dont want him traded.

maybe AA will be the only Raps lifer.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting to hear about Lowry's in-game "coaching" strategies. We never hear much about what goes on in the huddles.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What, nothing on Andrea? *sobs in corner*.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great 3rd stringer. Get rid of Pietrue and Klieza.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope he isn't traded. A guy like him is a huge asset to a team because he's such a bargain, allowing more star power to be carried, and he just plays. A perfect second or third stinger. He can even play PF. He won't back down from anyone, is in it for the team (mostly) and very little is given up when subbing him in. He fits the team personality nicely. Did I mention how cheap he is? Giving him up would be a big mistake. Trade other pieces, but he's a great role player to have. We were lucky to find him. I think he'll be in the NBA for a few more years, hopefully with Toronto.

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Beagle wrote: View Post
    I hope he isn't traded. A guy like him is a huge asset to a team because he's such a bargain, allowing more star power to be carried, and he just plays. A perfect second or third stinger. He can even play PF. He won't back down from anyone, is in it for the team (mostly) and very little is given up when subbing him in. He fits the team personality nicely. Did I mention how cheap he is? Giving him up would be a big mistake. Trade other pieces, but he's a great role player to have. We were lucky to find him. I think he'll be in the NBA for a few more years, hopefully with Toronto.
    I agree, he's the perfect utility man. He can fill in when guys are injured, step in and become a scorer, or when he needs to step back and pass he can do that too. Good defender, good 3 point shot. You can play him 30 minutes or not at all, and he won't bitch and moan.

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    What, nothing on Andrea? *sobs in corner*.
    They didn't print "who do teammates most loathe" in the final edit.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just want to see DeMar and Amir's car
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else flinch a little when the interviewer asked "who is the most inspirational" and Anderson replied, "me"? He may be right, but let's exercise some humility.. Same with the gym rat question. I love cockiness on the floor, but arrogance off of it is slightly annoying. Don't toot your own horn man!

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

To his defense, his story is the most inspirational. Projected to go late 1st - 2nd and ended up being undrafted; realizing that overseas is the path for him to take; switching clubs and moving to different countries year in and year out; battling in the d-league for a chance to get into the NBA. Now he's here, he's producing and he has a much better outlook on life.

Watch the Open Gym and I can guarantee you, his story is inspirational.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    ...Watch the Open Gym and I can guarantee you, his story is inspirational.
    100%

Also might explain his sometimes seeming desperation to make good.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that it's true.. But let someone else say it. I don't know why, but it bugs me

Raptors Republic Rookie RobertArchibald's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    aaaawww, now i dont want him traded.

maybe AA will be the only Raps lifer.
    He's played for the Bobcats already.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we are talking Raptor for lifer let that honor go to DeRozan!

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Garbo wrote: View Post
    Don't toot your own horn man!
    Except in the privacy of your own home. Then it's perfectly natural, and healthy.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Garbo wrote: View Post
    I agree that it's true.. But let someone else say it. I don't know why, but it bugs me
    Anderson probably realizes he doesn't have a contract for next season. Taking an opportunity to sell himself, I guess....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Thread Information