Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rudy Gay - ASG possibility???

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rudy Gay - ASG possibility???

Just read at RealGM that Melo suffered a right arm contusion last night during the Raps game (maybe just using it as an excuse for a poor shooting night).

If Melo cant go, should the NBA consider Roooooooody Gay?

He has played and been playing like an All-Star....

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    Just read at RealGM that Melo suffered a right arm contusion last night during the Raps game (maybe just using it as an excuse for a poor shooting night).

If Melo cant go, should the NBA consider Roooooooody Gay?

He has played and been playing like an All-Star....
    Can't see him being picked ahead of Deron Williams or Paul Pierce....but who knows....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Can't see him being picked ahead of Deron Williams or Paul Pierce....but who knows....
    With the recent Celtics run, despite all the injuries, I can't see anybody but Pierce getting picked.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pierce would be tough to get picked ahead of...

But D-Will?? I hope they don't pick D-Will...dude has had an off season, with his team being inconsistent, and him losing a lot of respect around the league for his attitude.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Paul pierce? the dude is like 35. The all star game is suppose to be exciting, Rudy gay is 10x more exciting than pierce. But knowing the nba they will probably throw his old ass in there

Post Thanks / Like

DWill is injured. If they didnt pick PP over Jrue, Bosh, Chandler and Noah, i dont know why they would still consider him.

I think Gay may have a chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Paul pierce? the dude is like 35. The all star game is suppose to be exciting, Rudy gay is 10x more exciting than pierce. But knowing the nba they will probably throw his old ass in there
    If all we're basing this on is "excitement", then Terrence Ross would be a better choice than either Gay or Pierce :|
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If all we're basing this on is "excitement", then Terrence Ross would be a better choice than either Gay or Pierce :|
    I meant talented wing players who deserve to be in the all star game... Paul pierce has had his fair share of all star appearances so its better to give someone like Rudy gay a chance.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

^ reasons like that is why ASG appearances are a garbage way to look at HOF candidacy. The ASG isn't a participation ribbon; it's supposed to be merited by your play.

Pierce has been putting up 17/9.4/7.2, steal, 2 threes since Rondo's been out. Only shooting 42.5fg% and turning it over ~3.5 times a game, but still. Rudy's been good too (21/6.3/2.7, 2.5+ steals, block, three), but how absurd to punish a player simply for being really good for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Or JL for 3 and AIRon Gray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRX wrote: View Post
    ^ reasons like that is why ASG appearances are a garbage way to look at HOF candidacy. The ASG isn't a participation ribbon; it's supposed to be merited by your play.

Pierce has been putting up 17/9.4/7.2, steal, 2 threes since Rondo's been out. Only shooting 42.5fg% and turning it over ~3.5 times a game, but still. Rudy's been good too (21/6.3/2.7, 2.5+ steals, block, three), but how absurd to punish a player simply for being really good for a long time.
    Agreed. Previous years should play no part in the decision-making process.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Previous years should play no part in the decision-making process.
    hahaha this reeks of sarcasm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    hahaha this reeks of sarcasm.
    lol, I was actually serious.

It shouldn't matter that Pierce has been there a million times before. The only thing anyone should be judging him on is this season.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't think Nilanka was being sarcastic, since he said he didn't think Gay would get picked ahead of Pierce, rofl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRX wrote: View Post

I dont think ASG appearances is one of the criteria for HOF consideration. Brad Daugherty had mutiple ASG appearances and so did Sprewell, i dont think theyll be in the Hall anytime soon.

I think it goes beyond a player's stats and achievements, if they put Gay in over PP, im not saying Gay doesnt deserve to be in the ASG, but it probably would have something to do with the efforts of the NBA to aggressively promote basketball in Canada. Specially with the current winning streak and the sensationalism of the trade, it could be a good opportunity for the NBA to pull more Canadians to the NBA mainstream, if theyre willing to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

lol, I was actually serious.

It shouldn't matter that Pierce has been there a million times before. The only thing anyone should be judging him on is this season.
    hahaha yes i misread that.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

ASG appearances aren't a criteria, no... but every time there are players up for induction, inevitably, their number of appearances gets mentioned as a point in their favour if they made a bunch. Obviously, you have to do other things, but my point was just... that kind of reasoning has nothing to do with the current season of basketball and you're indirectly punishing a guy for being really good. The ASG has shifted to having more to do with marketing and flash and less to do with substance it just dilutes the value of making it. You don't make it on just merit anymore; you have to have be popular and flashy.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I cannot see Gay being considered, at all. He's work in memphis would have to be taken under consideration and he was having his worst season statistically.

I don't think he deserves to go, and would be horribly shocked if he did. However, if the raps play well next year and are the 6th seed or higher than I can see him getting serious consideration. BUT this year? Not a chance.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

no chance

stern usually picks based on players people want to see...Gay is not one of them

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Ross is no where close to Gay when it comes to excitement if your talking about watching an actual game. In fact, if he isn't on a fast break, Ross is pretty depressing to watch as of late.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information