Rudy Gay - ASG possibility???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy Gay - ASG possibility???

Just read at RealGM that Melo suffered a right arm contusion last night during the Raps game (maybe just using it as an excuse for a poor shooting night).

If Melo cant go, should the NBA consider Roooooooody Gay?

He has played and been playing like an All-Star....

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    Just read at RealGM that Melo suffered a right arm contusion last night during the Raps game (maybe just using it as an excuse for a poor shooting night).

If Melo cant go, should the NBA consider Roooooooody Gay?

He has played and been playing like an All-Star....
    Can't see him being picked ahead of Deron Williams or Paul Pierce....but who knows....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Can't see him being picked ahead of Deron Williams or Paul Pierce....but who knows....
      With the recent Celtics run, despite all the injuries, I can't see anybody but Pierce getting picked.

Comment

Pierce would be tough to get picked ahead of...

But D-Will?? I hope they don't pick D-Will...dude has had an off season, with his team being inconsistent, and him losing a lot of respect around the league for his attitude.

Comment

Paul pierce? the dude is like 35. The all star game is suppose to be exciting, Rudy gay is 10x more exciting than pierce. But knowing the nba they will probably throw his old ass in there

Comment

DWill is injured. If they didnt pick PP over Jrue, Bosh, Chandler and Noah, i dont know why they would still consider him.

I think Gay may have a chance.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              Paul pierce? the dude is like 35. The all star game is suppose to be exciting, Rudy gay is 10x more exciting than pierce. But knowing the nba they will probably throw his old ass in there
              If all we're basing this on is "excitement", then Terrence Ross would be a better choice than either Gay or Pierce :|

Comment

If all we're basing this on is "excitement", then Terrence Ross would be a better choice than either Gay or Pierce :|
                I meant talented wing players who deserve to be in the all star game... Paul pierce has had his fair share of all star appearances so its better to give someone like Rudy gay a chance.

Comment

^ reasons like that is why ASG appearances are a garbage way to look at HOF candidacy. The ASG isn't a participation ribbon; it's supposed to be merited by your play.

Pierce has been putting up 17/9.4/7.2, steal, 2 threes since Rondo's been out. Only shooting 42.5fg% and turning it over ~3.5 times a game, but still. Rudy's been good too (21/6.3/2.7, 2.5+ steals, block, three), but how absurd to punish a player simply for being really good for a long time.

Comment

Or JL for 3 and AIRon Gray

Comment

TRX wrote: View Post
                      ^ reasons like that is why ASG appearances are a garbage way to look at HOF candidacy. The ASG isn't a participation ribbon; it's supposed to be merited by your play.

Pierce has been putting up 17/9.4/7.2, steal, 2 threes since Rondo's been out. Only shooting 42.5fg% and turning it over ~3.5 times a game, but still. Rudy's been good too (21/6.3/2.7, 2.5+ steals, block, three), but how absurd to punish a player simply for being really good for a long time.
                      Agreed. Previous years should play no part in the decision-making process.

Comment

Agreed. Previous years should play no part in the decision-making process.
                        hahaha this reeks of sarcasm.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                          hahaha this reeks of sarcasm.
                          lol, I was actually serious.

It shouldn't matter that Pierce has been there a million times before. The only thing anyone should be judging him on is this season.

Comment

I wouldn't think Nilanka was being sarcastic, since he said he didn't think Gay would get picked ahead of Pierce, rofl

Comment

TRX wrote: View Post

I dont think ASG appearances is one of the criteria for HOF consideration. Brad Daugherty had mutiple ASG appearances and so did Sprewell, i dont think theyll be in the Hall anytime soon.

I think it goes beyond a player's stats and achievements, if they put Gay in over PP, im not saying Gay doesnt deserve to be in the ASG, but it probably would have something to do with the efforts of the NBA to aggressively promote basketball in Canada. Specially with the current winning streak and the sensationalism of the trade, it could be a good opportunity for the NBA to pull more Canadians to the NBA mainstream, if theyre willing to do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X