Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 56

Thread: Bargnani for..... Hawes!?!?!?!

  1. #21
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,803
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'd LOVE to get Hawes on the Roster. Been a fan of his since Sac-town.
    Would be a great compliment to both Big spots, and he is VERY big.
    I'm all over this deal if it happens.
    Last edited by Joey; Fri Feb 15th, 2013 at 08:28 PM.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Can someone summarize hawes for me? His strengths, his weaknesses, other things we should know?

    I know every basketball player in the NBA, but there are a few of which I simply have no further details about other than their names and positions.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  3. #23
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,803
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Can someone summarize hawes for me? His strengths, his weaknesses, other things we should know?

    I know every basketball player in the NBA, but there are a few of which I simply have no further details about other than their names and positions.
    He's a BIG body, (7'1", 2450lbs, looks way heavier though) who can shoot a mid-range pretty decent (45% out to 16ft). Thinks he's a better range shooter than he actually is though, as evidenced by the fact that 30% of his shots come from 16-30ft; needs a good coach to get him to bring his game closer.
    Good rebounder (9.1rp36 for his career). Decent rim defender (1.9bp36).

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...hawessp01.html
    Last edited by Joey; Fri Feb 15th, 2013 at 08:40 PM.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Rookie Ed Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    90
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    He's a BIG body, (7'1", 2450lbs, looks way heavier though) who can shoot a mid-range pretty decent (45% out to 16ft). Thinks he's a better range shooter than he actually is though, as evidenced by the fact that 30% of his shots come from 16-30ft; needs a good coach to get him to bring his game closer.
    Good rebounder (9.1rp36 for his career). Decent rim defender (1.9bp36).

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...hawessp01.html
    Damn! He really is a big guy

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Spencer Hawes is not a good basketball player. This is fairly obvious. He's soft. He's a terrible defender. Opposing big men eat him up for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and sometimes even fourthmeal (for those NBA players who like Taco Bell). He doesn't set screens well, which only inhibits the Sixers' guard play. He doesn't defend the pick and roll well either since he's just too slow to recover. He doesn't pull down tough, contested rebounds. You already know all of these things because you've watched him play. Simply put, it's infuriating. I hate watching him play, and I'm sure you do too.
    http://www.libertyballers.com/2012/1...ell-wright-nba

    Defensive Rating, ON/OFF/NET

    106.4/104.3/+2.1

    http://www.82games.com/1213/12PHI14.HTM

    1 year of Hawes is better than 2 years of Boozer or Bargnani

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,075
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Any chance we can get the 76'ers second round pick?! they got two of those.

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,043
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    His Ft % is horrible.

    Hawes would make Aaron Gray redundant and we pay him 2.5 mill this year, 2.7 the next.

    We need a 3-pt assassin like korver or novak. Someone to spread the court with the same effect as barbags was.

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hawes and D.Wright are great, beats Boozer and Robinson (the latter i don't want to see in Raptors uniform), although it would be fun to watch Robinson, DeRozan, and Ross go on a dunkathon against other teams. Hawes can stretch the floor better than Gray besides he can really provide Jonas with some help at D. Dorrel Wright, well i don't know if the Sixers would want T.Young or not, it would be good to have the latter but i seriously doubt it. D.Wright was a starter material when he played for the Warriors, he's a perfect backup SF/SG behind Gay and DeRozan until Ross improves beside his contract expires after this season. The question is will the Sixers take either Fields or Kleiza.

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,075
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    His Ft % is horrible.

    Hawes would make Aaron Gray redundant and we pay him 2.5 mill this year, 2.7 the next.

    We need a 3-pt assassin like korver or novak. Someone to spread the court with the same effect as barbags was.
    The whole point is Hawes contract expires next season while Bargnani expires at the end of 2015. Thus you are saving about 15 million dollars over 2 years when taking this deal. That might be enough to sign someone good, maybe Milsap in the summer and then flipping Hawes for something else since his contract is smaller and manageble.

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This would be a great deal, short contract that helps us get better in the mean time. I don't think him and Gray are redundant either. If we play a team that goes small, those two together would punish the opposition and Hawes would keep our floor spacing nice and open. I'd take it.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  11. #31
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't agree with Spencer Hawes political views. I don't want him anywhere near our tearm

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    All I was suggesting is that they don't like Turner and want to turn him into some other assets. You have to be a little less defensive man. The trade I proposed could be bigger/smaller, could have other teams/players, the crux was just to fill an actual need, and that Turner is an asset Philly is rumored to be gauging value of leading to the deadline, so he could easily be in play. Wright does not fill a need for us at all, roster-wise.
    You asked a question and I gave you an answer. What was it about big boy pants?

    I have no doubt Turner could be in play. But I can guarantee you after letting AI go for Turner to develop they are not going to turn around and trade him and a useful big for Bargnani and AA.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    The whole point is Hawes contract expires next season while Bargnani expires at the end of 2015. Thus you are saving about 15 million dollars over 2 years when taking this deal. That might be enough to sign someone good, maybe Milsap in the summer and then flipping Hawes for something else since his contract is smaller and manageble.
    Hawes might actually have value in a sign and trade because that is the only way the Raptors are getting Millsap - and Bargnani the piece going out in any potential sign and trade is not going to cut it.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I don't agree with Spencer Hawes political views. I don't want him anywhere near our tearm
    Luckily he'll likely fit in perfectly in Utah.

    Sign and trade chip in July?
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Luckily he'll likely fit in perfectly in Utah.

    Sign and trade chip in July?
    This is part of the reason I'm against the Boozer trade....and for a trade that brings back smaller contracts with decent value. Never know what could be a valuable trade chip in the summer to possibly address things in a much better way...pretty doubtful Boozer has any trade value again until at least his expiring year...

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    This is part of the reason I'm against the Boozer trade....and for a trade that brings back smaller contracts with decent value. Never know what could be a valuable trade chip in the summer to possibly address things in a much better way...pretty doubtful Boozer has any trade value again until at least his expiring year...
    Maybe.

    But if Toronto can get a 1st round pick from Chicago, I do Boozer in a heart beat.

    Toronto might be in a situation where they have two 15-18 draft picks. Those could be some trade assets on draft night.

    Considering Toronto are 17-13 in last 30 games (12-11 without Gay), I think going 19-10 over the final 29 is realistic. I know people don't like Boozer but he is the leading scorer and rebounder per36 on the 5th seed in the east who are missing their franchise PG.

    Also, Robinson is a big upgrade at backup PG. Lucas is score first, like Robinson, but Robinson can play D and create for others.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Maybe.

    But if Toronto can get a 1st round pick from Chicago, I do Boozer in a heart beat.

    Toronto might be in a situation where they have two 15-18 draft picks. Those could be some trade assets on draft night.

    Considering Toronto are 17-13 in last 30 games (12-11 without Gay), I think going 19-10 over the final 29 is realistic. I know people don't like Boozer but he is the leading scorer and rebounder per36 on the 5th seed in the east who are missing their franchise PG.

    Also, Robinson is a big upgrade at backup PG. Lucas is score first, like Robinson, but Robinson can play D and create for others.
    Mathematically, is it possible to re-sign Lowry with Boozer in tow. I mean, it's possible but we're a tax team right?
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  18. #38
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Mathematically, is it possible to re-sign Lowry with Boozer in tow. I mean, it's possible but we're a tax team right?
    They have Bird rights. It is possible depending on how much Toronto ownership is willing to spend.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  19. #39
    Raptors Republic Starter charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He's a republican

  20. #40
    Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    You asked a question and I gave you an answer. What was it about big boy pants?

    I have no doubt Turner could be in play. But I can guarantee you after letting AI go for Turner to develop they are not going to turn around and trade him and a useful big for Bargnani and AA.
    But a man can dream!
    Turner/Hawes for Bargs/AA would be the best thing to happen ever. Salaries work out, have no clue what would make Philly pull it, but if this is the trade BC has under his sleeves, I will be the happiest little girl.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •