Bargnani for..... Hawes!?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani for..... Hawes!?!?!?!

• The Raptors have also engaged the Sixers in conversations centered on Bargnani, sources said. No word on what the Sixers would need to offer in return, although a Western Conference executive suspects it would involve center Spencer Hawes.

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/02/15/1...73&feedID=3725
    Whoa!

Yes, I'd do this too.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Whoa!

Yes, I'd do this too.
    Hmm....but what else would be involved??? I would definitely be ok with Hawes as part of the big rotation....but we'd still be thin at PF because he's way too slow to get a lot of minutes there.

Maybe as part of a multi-team trade where they send Turner elsewhere and we get something from that 3rd team??? Maybe with Minnesota getting Turner and Ridnour coming to us (a man can dream....)

Comment

I never realized Hawes was just 24 (25 in April).

One year left on his deal beyond this season at $6.6M.

Bargnani for Hawes/Wright. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=bo3s2rs

Done.

Comment

Whoa!

Yes, I'd do this too.
        Does that count as another option beside Boozer, Matt?

Comment

Done.
          I had the same thought, but with our wing rotation so set, I don't see where Wright fits. THat's why I thought maybe a multi-team deal.

Ok, trade machine isn't saving my trade...but it works, I swear....

Tor gets: Ridnour, Hawes
          Minny gets: Evan Turner (would give them what htey wanted from Roy in a lot of ways, though not as good..but young and healthy)
          Philly gets: Bargnani, Anderson

Thoughts?

*I would do this over Boozer if it has to be decided now. Try to address PF situation with whatever exceptions, or with another trade, where Hawes and Ridnour are both expiring quality role players going into next season. Probably better trade chips than Bargs.
          Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Feb 15, 2013, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
            Does that count as another option beside Boozer, Matt?
            Not sure. It says Toronto engaged Philly. It doesn't say anything about Philly returning interest.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              I had the same thought, but with our wing rotation so set, I don't see where Wright fits. THat's why I thought maybe a multi-team deal.

Ok, trade machine isn't saving my trade...but it works, I swear....

Tor gets: Ridnour, Hawes
              Minny gets: Evan Turner (would give them what htey wanted from Roy in a lot of ways, though not as good..but young and healthy)
              Philly gets: Bargnani, Anderson

Thoughts?
              Wright is expiring filler to make the numbers work and possibly a replacement for AA after this season.

Comment

Done.
                Definitely taking this. Run with it, and run FAR. Depending on who we deal, having a wing rotation of maybe (if Fields/Anderson are dealt), than Derozan, Gay, Wright, Ross looks promising. With a guy like Hawes who rebounds and stretches the floor, plus the financial perspective isn't so bad compared to Boozer/Gasol.

Take it.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Wright is expiring filler to make the numbers work and possibly a replacement for AA after this season.
                  But we still have 4 wings with Demar, Gay, Ross and Fields....I know it's to make the numbers work, but if both were on the table, would you take that over Hawes + Ridnour???

Comment

But we still have 4 wings with Demar, Gay, Ross and Fields....I know it's to make the numbers work, but if both were on the table, would you take that over Hawes + Ridnour???
                    I don't think Philly gives up Hawes/Turner for Bargnani/Anderson. It makes no sense from their perspective.

Comment

I don't think Philly gives up Hawes/Turner for Bargnani/Anderson. It makes no sense from their perspective.
                      Ok, obviously it's hard to imagine why they want Bargnani anyway, unless they seem him as fitting nicely between Bynum and Holiday....I suppose anything is possible. But they also have Thad Young they use a lot at PF. So I don't see why it makes any less sense than them giving up Haws + Wright for Bargs.

Well, maybe Minny could throw a 1st rd pick their way. They are not in love with Turner, that's for sure...frankly, there is not a lot that Philly can really add with their roster as is. They have a lot of guys who play 2-4, while their best players are at PG and C. I'm not convinced Turner's value is that high. I feel like if Minny is willing to give up a pick, they might take Bargs, AA and a 1st rounder.

Comment

Anyway, I don't really care what the deal would look like....I think Toronto might try to get a 3rd team involved to see if there are options that actually address needs at other positions, rather than settle for reinforcing the strong positions on the team. If that can't happen, as long as it's not total crap coming back, I'm ok with it.

Comment

Hawes is interesting.. another sideways move essentially but I like that he will have an expiring contract next year. Definitely a trade I would do.

Bargnani/Anderson for Hawes/Wright works (and is a trade that I could see both teams doing, assuming Philly is really interested in Bargnani).

Comment

Ok, obviously it's hard to imagine why they want Bargnani anyway, unless they seem him as fitting nicely between Bynum and Holiday....I suppose anything is possible. But they also have Thad Young they use a lot at PF. So I don't see why it makes any less sense than them giving up Haws + Wright for Bargs.

Well, maybe Minny could throw a 1st rd pick their way. They are not in love with Turner, that's for sure...frankly, there is not a lot that Philly can really add with their roster as is. They have a lot of guys who play 2-4, while their best players are at PG and C. I'm not convinced Turner's value is that high. I feel like if Minny is willing to give up a pick, they might take Bargs, AA and a 1st rounder.
                            Wright plays 21 minutes a game and Turner 36. Turner is a better player than Wright. Turner is 3 years younger than Wright. Wright is not under contract next season whereas Turner has another year plus the benefits of restricted free agency.

Comment

Any short-term contract is great. Lower-value contract? Better.
                              Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Working...
                              X