No announcement yet.

Bargnani for..... Hawes!?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colangelo's opportunity to add at least another HIGHLY talented piece is now(during the season) via trade. Depending on their situations GM's would be looking to unload talent for different reasons. I think Raps. should take advantage and acquire some really good talent. For that reason I prefer the Boozer deal. If done, Raps. take on a little more in terms of salary but acquire a proven talent. Hawes would be a valuable piece but does not fit the billing of 'superior talent'. Just my opinion.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
      Colangelo's opportunity to add at least another HIGHLY talented piece is now(during the season) via trade. Depending on their situations GM's would be looking to unload talent for different reasons. I think Raps. should take advantage and acquire some really good talent. For that reason I prefer the Boozer deal. If done, Raps. take on a little more in terms of salary but acquire a proven talent. Hawes would be a valuable piece but does not fit the billing of 'superior talent'. Just my opinion.
      I have to agree. Talent is and has always been the issue.

Adding Hawes does nothing for Toronto financially. The Raptors, even amnestying Kleiza and saving about $5M on Bargnani, are still over the salary cap for 2013-14 and limited to MLE. Sign and trade remains a possibility but it requires 3 parties to reach agreement: Raptors, trading team, and player - I don't like the odds. Useful players in their prime locked up on good contracts (like Ilyasova) are rarely just dumped. A trade of Hawes for Ilyasova next season would be a dump by Milwaukee and I feel confident in guaranteeing that teams will be offering more than an expiring contract for him should he become available.... then there is the possibility he is traded before hand like the rumoured Smith deal. There are so many factors beyond the Raptors control.

When looking at 2014-15, the Raptors have just $16.75M in guaranteed contracts (Fields and DD) and realistically $30M (Amir, DD, Fields, JV, TR, and Acy) guaranteed with the likelihood of Gay turning down $19.3M very little meaning $50M is likely. Assuming the salary cap goes up the Raps would have about $13M in cap space but no PG. So essentially there is no cap space then either. Also, Boozer would make the 2015 trade deadline interesting with his expiring contract.

Make Chicago sweat and get a 1st round pick from them and, in my opinion, it is a done deal. The argument of Boozer's age is a weak one when you consider the age of players like David West. Boozer's injury history is a concern, no doubt, but he has played more games than Bargnani in the last 3 seasons and he is not going to be playing more than 30mins per game anyway.
      Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Feb 16, 2013, 06:23 PM.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        Anderson is averaging 12 PPG and has a reliable 3pt shot. He can create his own, and score in bunches. I am CERTAIN that Anderson has legit value in this league because he is also being payed less than 1M a year.
        Anderson is shooting a respectable but hardly fantastic 34.8% from 3 and and a putrid 37.6% overall. Don't get me wrong for the price he's a steal and has shown he can play in the NBA. But let's be real. He's on the fringe of the Toronto Raptors rotation with Gay, DeRozan, Fields and Ross all ahead in the long term pecking order. While I certainly think Anderson is better than Ross right now. He has made a real contribution but i bet he's not going to be getting 10 looks per night anymore. He probably is a deep reserve on all but a hand of NBA teams so your not adding value to a potential deal. I.e. no NBA team is going to say NO to a certain deal with Bargs but when BC says "how about we add Anderson?" Suddenly jump across the desk to sign the deal. He doesn't move the needle.

Comment

Not that I'm crazy about Boozer, but I would much rather go with Booz than Hawes. Rap's are all in with the signing of Gay already so why not make the final trade for a player whom can help you possibly win a playoff series or better. Hawes is not that guy imo.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            Not that I'm crazy about Boozer, but I would much rather go with Booz than Hawes. Rap's are all in with the signing of Gay already so why not make the final trade for a player whom can help you possibly win a playoff series or better. Hawes is not that guy imo.
            Finance. Wright is an expiring $4.2 million at the end of this season, and Hawes expires next season with a contract of $6.5 million next season. Boozer can and only provide this type of production for a season or 2 more. He's getting old, and he will start to decline (if not already declining).

I feel getting as much expiring deals as you can to free up as much finance as possible, is important. Boozer will only be that 'playoff piece' for so long. While Rudy Gay is just entering his prime, and has a solid 6-7 good years before declining.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              Finance. Wright is an expiring $4.2 million at the end of this season, and Hawes expires next season with a contract of $6.5 million next season. Boozer can and only provide this type of production for a season or 2 more. He's getting old, and he will start to decline (if not already declining).

I feel getting as much expiring deals as you can to free up as much finance as possible, is important. Boozer will only be that 'playoff piece' for so long. While Rudy Gay is just entering his prime, and has a solid 6-7 good years before declining.
              He only has 2 seasons on his deal, luckily, and in 2 years he becomes a trade chip.

Boozer is still younger than a number of productive NBA PFs like Gasol, West, and Garnett. One thing Boozer has going for him is his game does not rely on athleticism.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                He only has 2 seasons on his deal, luckily, and in 2 years he becomes a trade chip.

Boozer is still younger than a number of productive NBA PFs like Gasol, West, and Garnett. One thing Boozer has going for him is his game does not rely on athleticism.
                +1. The key to this trade is whether Boozer is going to be happy with being inToronto or not. Unfortunately he doesn't strike me as the most professional guy in the world. If Bryan is serious about this trade I would hope he makes a trip to Chicago to find out first hand.

Still hoping for Josh Smith to somehow, some way be traded to Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post

You in 7 years Rudy Gay will be two years old than Boozer. Why can't Boozer produce for another two years than? Especially seeing that Boozer uses his strengths and body.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    You in 7 years Rudy Gay will be two years old than Boozer. Why can't Boozer produce for another two years than? Especially seeing that Boozer uses his strengths and body.
                    Because he's already started to decline.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      I had the same thought, but with our wing rotation so set, I don't see where Wright fits. THat's why I thought maybe a multi-team deal.

Ok, trade machine isn't saving my trade...but it works, I swear....

Tor gets: Ridnour, Hawes
                      Minny gets: Evan Turner (would give them what htey wanted from Roy in a lot of ways, though not as good..but young and healthy)
                      Philly gets: Bargnani, Anderson

Thoughts?

*I would do this over Boozer if it has to be decided now. Try to address PF situation with whatever exceptions, or with another trade, where Hawes and Ridnour are both expiring quality role players going into next season. Probably better trade chips than Bargs.
                      the only reason I wouldn't do this is 1. i believe anderson is still largely unknown in the nba and for that reason can serve as a valuable asset should we make the playoffs this or next year because he can suprise a lot of teams with his scoring off the bench, also it leaves us thin at the small forward position and if you look at what minnesota is giving up.. ridnour? and gets evan turner.. thats a little lop sided imo.. but for the raptors i wouldnt mind it i guess because were getting what we need in a pg and a big
                      "So then carter says, Yes I'd LOVE to play for the Raptors again"

Comment

TRAWSE wrote: View Post
                        the only reason I wouldn't do this is 1. i believe anderson is still largely unknown in the nba and for that reason can serve as a valuable asset should we make the playoffs this or next year because he can suprise a lot of teams with his scoring off the bench, also it leaves us thin at the small forward position and if you look at what minnesota is giving up.. ridnour? and gets evan turner.. thats a little lop sided imo.. but for the raptors i wouldnt mind it i guess because were getting what we need in a pg and a big
                        For this season, IF Anderson is traded:

Rudy Gay, Landry Fields, Mickael Pietrus, Linas Kleiza.. Plus Demar and Ross can play spot time at the 3 during small ball lineups.

So...

Comment

Working...
                        X