Bargnani for..... Hawes!?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Wright plays 21 minutes a game and Turner 36. Turner is a better player than Wright. Turner is 3 years younger than Wright. Wright is not under contract next season whereas Turner has another year plus the benefits of restricted free agency.
    All I was suggesting is that they don't like Turner and want to turn him into some other assets. You have to be a little less defensive man. The trade I proposed could be bigger/smaller, could have other teams/players, the crux was just to fill an actual need, and that Turner is an asset Philly is rumored to be gauging value of leading to the deadline, so he could easily be in play. Wright does not fill a need for us at all, roster-wise.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I had the same thought, but with our wing rotation so set, I don't see where Wright fits. THat's why I thought maybe a multi-team deal.

Ok, trade machine isn't saving my trade...but it works, I swear....

Tor gets: Ridnour, Hawes
      Minny gets: Evan Turner (would give them what htey wanted from Roy in a lot of ways, though not as good..but young and healthy)
      Philly gets: Bargnani, Anderson

Thoughts?

*I would do this over Boozer if it has to be decided now. Try to address PF situation with whatever exceptions, or with another trade, where Hawes and Ridnour are both expiring quality role players going into next season. Probably better trade chips than Bargs.
      I would change this a bit and move D Williams to Philly and send Anderson to Minny instead of Philly and I think it becomes a little more easier for all teams.

Toronto - Ridnour, Hawes
      Philly - Bargnani, Williams
      Minny - Turner, Anderson

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        I would change this a bit and move D Williams to Philly and send Anderson to Minny instead of Philly and I think it becomes a little more easier for all teams.

Toronto - Ridnour, Hawes
        Philly - Bargnani, Williams
        Minny - Turner, Anderson
        I'm cool with that....salaries still work? Also, Minny does have a pick to offer if they want, so that could be in play.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          I'm cool with that....salaries still work? Also, Minny does have a pick to offer if they want, so that could be in play.
          Yup, the trade machine isn't saving trades but here is the imaginary link:
          http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=bt4qms3

Comment

The only thing I like is the expiring contract
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I'd LOVE to get Hawes on the Roster. Been a fan of his since Sac-town.
              Would be a great compliment to both Big spots, and he is VERY big.
              I'm all over this deal if it happens.
              Last edited by Joey; Fri Feb 15, 2013, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Can someone summarize hawes for me? His strengths, his weaknesses, other things we should know?

I know every basketball player in the NBA, but there are a few of which I simply have no further details about other than their names and positions.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                  Can someone summarize hawes for me? His strengths, his weaknesses, other things we should know?

I know every basketball player in the NBA, but there are a few of which I simply have no further details about other than their names and positions.
                  He's a BIG body, (7'1", 2450lbs, looks way heavier though) who can shoot a mid-range pretty decent (45% out to 16ft). Thinks he's a better range shooter than he actually is though, as evidenced by the fact that 30% of his shots come from 16-30ft; needs a good coach to get him to bring his game closer.
                  Good rebounder (9.1rp36 for his career). Decent rim defender (1.9bp36).

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...hawessp01.html
                  Last edited by Joey; Fri Feb 15, 2013, 09:40 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    He's a BIG body, (7'1", 2450lbs, looks way heavier though) who can shoot a mid-range pretty decent (45% out to 16ft). Thinks he's a better range shooter than he actually is though, as evidenced by the fact that 30% of his shots come from 16-30ft; needs a good coach to get him to bring his game closer.
                    Good rebounder (9.1rp36 for his career). Decent rim defender (1.9bp36).

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...hawessp01.html
                    Damn! He really is a big guy

Comment

Spencer Hawes is not a good basketball player. This is fairly obvious. He's soft. He's a terrible defender. Opposing big men eat him up for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and sometimes even fourthmeal (for those NBA players who like Taco Bell). He doesn't set screens well, which only inhibits the Sixers' guard play. He doesn't defend the pick and roll well either since he's just too slow to recover. He doesn't pull down tough, contested rebounds. You already know all of these things because you've watched him play. Simply put, it's infuriating. I hate watching him play, and I'm sure you do too.
                      http://www.libertyballers.com/2012/1...ell-wright-nba

Defensive Rating, ON/OFF/NET

106.4/104.3/+2.1

http://www.82games.com/1213/12PHI14.HTM

1 year of Hawes is better than 2 years of Boozer or Bargnani

Comment

Any chance we can get the 76'ers second round pick?! they got two of those.

Comment

His Ft % is horrible.

Hawes would make Aaron Gray redundant and we pay him 2.5 mill this year, 2.7 the next.

We need a 3-pt assassin like korver or novak. Someone to spread the court with the same effect as barbags was.

Comment

Hawes and D.Wright are great, beats Boozer and Robinson (the latter i don't want to see in Raptors uniform), although it would be fun to watch Robinson, DeRozan, and Ross go on a dunkathon against other teams. Hawes can stretch the floor better than Gray besides he can really provide Jonas with some help at D. Dorrel Wright, well i don't know if the Sixers would want T.Young or not, it would be good to have the latter but i seriously doubt it. D.Wright was a starter material when he played for the Warriors, he's a perfect backup SF/SG behind Gay and DeRozan until Ross improves beside his contract expires after this season. The question is will the Sixers take either Fields or Kleiza.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                              His Ft % is horrible.

Hawes would make Aaron Gray redundant and we pay him 2.5 mill this year, 2.7 the next.

We need a 3-pt assassin like korver or novak. Someone to spread the court with the same effect as barbags was.
                              The whole point is Hawes contract expires next season while Bargnani expires at the end of 2015. Thus you are saving about 15 million dollars over 2 years when taking this deal. That might be enough to sign someone good, maybe Milsap in the summer and then flipping Hawes for something else since his contract is smaller and manageble.

Comment

This would be a great deal, short contract that helps us get better in the mean time. I don't think him and Gray are redundant either. If we play a team that goes small, those two together would punish the opposition and Hawes would keep our floor spacing nice and open. I'd take it.
                                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X