No announcement yet.

Bargnani for..... Hawes!?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't agree with Spencer Hawes political views. I don't want him anywhere near our tearm
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      All I was suggesting is that they don't like Turner and want to turn him into some other assets. You have to be a little less defensive man. The trade I proposed could be bigger/smaller, could have other teams/players, the crux was just to fill an actual need, and that Turner is an asset Philly is rumored to be gauging value of leading to the deadline, so he could easily be in play. Wright does not fill a need for us at all, roster-wise.
      You asked a question and I gave you an answer. What was it about big boy pants?

I have no doubt Turner could be in play. But I can guarantee you after letting AI go for Turner to develop they are not going to turn around and trade him and a useful big for Bargnani and AA.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        The whole point is Hawes contract expires next season while Bargnani expires at the end of 2015. Thus you are saving about 15 million dollars over 2 years when taking this deal. That might be enough to sign someone good, maybe Milsap in the summer and then flipping Hawes for something else since his contract is smaller and manageble.
        Hawes might actually have value in a sign and trade because that is the only way the Raptors are getting Millsap - and Bargnani the piece going out in any potential sign and trade is not going to cut it.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          I don't agree with Spencer Hawes political views. I don't want him anywhere near our tearm
          Luckily he'll likely fit in perfectly in Utah.

Sign and trade chip in July?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Luckily he'll likely fit in perfectly in Utah.

Sign and trade chip in July?
            This is part of the reason I'm against the Boozer trade....and for a trade that brings back smaller contracts with decent value. Never know what could be a valuable trade chip in the summer to possibly address things in a much better way...pretty doubtful Boozer has any trade value again until at least his expiring year...

Comment

This is part of the reason I'm against the Boozer trade....and for a trade that brings back smaller contracts with decent value. Never know what could be a valuable trade chip in the summer to possibly address things in a much better way...pretty doubtful Boozer has any trade value again until at least his expiring year...
              Maybe.

But if Toronto can get a 1st round pick from Chicago, I do Boozer in a heart beat.

Toronto might be in a situation where they have two 15-18 draft picks. Those could be some trade assets on draft night.

Considering Toronto are 17-13 in last 30 games (12-11 without Gay), I think going 19-10 over the final 29 is realistic. I know people don't like Boozer but he is the leading scorer and rebounder per36 on the 5th seed in the east who are missing their franchise PG.

Also, Robinson is a big upgrade at backup PG. Lucas is score first, like Robinson, but Robinson can play D and create for others.

Comment

Maybe.

But if Toronto can get a 1st round pick from Chicago, I do Boozer in a heart beat.

Toronto might be in a situation where they have two 15-18 draft picks. Those could be some trade assets on draft night.

Considering Toronto are 17-13 in last 30 games (12-11 without Gay), I think going 19-10 over the final 29 is realistic. I know people don't like Boozer but he is the leading scorer and rebounder per36 on the 5th seed in the east who are missing their franchise PG.

Also, Robinson is a big upgrade at backup PG. Lucas is score first, like Robinson, but Robinson can play D and create for others.
                Mathematically, is it possible to re-sign Lowry with Boozer in tow. I mean, it's possible but we're a tax team right?
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                  Mathematically, is it possible to re-sign Lowry with Boozer in tow. I mean, it's possible but we're a tax team right?
                  They have Bird rights. It is possible depending on how much Toronto ownership is willing to spend.

Comment

He's a republican

Comment

You asked a question and I gave you an answer. What was it about big boy pants?

I have no doubt Turner could be in play. But I can guarantee you after letting AI go for Turner to develop they are not going to turn around and trade him and a useful big for Bargnani and AA.
                      But a man can dream!
                      Turner/Hawes for Bargs/AA would be the best thing to happen ever. Salaries work out, have no clue what would make Philly pull it, but if this is the trade BC has under his sleeves, I will be the happiest little girl.
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                        But a man can dream!
                        Turner/Hawes for Bargs/AA would be the best thing to happen ever. Salaries work out, have no clue what would make Philly pull it, but if this is the trade BC has under his sleeves, I will be the happiest little girl.
                        Turner has played point for Philly.. if Bryan is looking for a decent backup PG then Turner could fit that description. Based on Bryan's man crush on Andrea he may be looking at a deal like that.. as a guy who thinks Bargnani has no trade value it would be an absolute steal.

Comment

Its what Im thinking too!
                          Turner can play point, as well as deepen our wing position in place of AA.

Lowry/Turner
                          Derozan/Ross/Turner
                          Gay/Fields/
                          Amir/Hawes
                          JV/Gray

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            But a man can dream!
                            I thought that is what we all did around here? Dreaming of the day when the roster is littered with All-NBA talent winning championship after championship and challenging the Celtics for the all time most trophies.

Comment

I'm cool with that....salaries still work? Also, Minny does have a pick to offer if they want, so that could be in play.
                              Not trying to rain on the parade but Anderson is a zero value player. There are 10 guys in the d league minni could sign for the minimum so if the contract is needed fine, but don't think he adds any value. So getting Ridnour and the #2 pick from last year for bargs and his huge, long contract is a complete pipe dream. The fact that you think minni might add a 1st rounder as well is comical. Seriously, think about it.

Comment

RapsRapsRaps wrote: View Post
                                Not trying to rain on the parade but Anderson is a zero value player. There are 10 guys in the d league minni could sign for the minimum so if the contract is needed fine, but don't think he adds any value. So getting Ridnour and the #2 pick from last year for bargs and his huge, long contract is a complete pipe dream. The fact that you think minni might add a 1st rounder as well is comical. Seriously, think about it.
                                Anderson is averaging 12 PPG and has a reliable 3pt shot. He can create his own, and score in bunches. I am CERTAIN that Anderson has legit value in this league because he is also being payed less than 1M a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X