Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 221

Thread: Terrence Ross Wins 2013 Dunk Contest!

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Terrence Ross Wins 2013 Dunk Contest!

    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8954146 Hope he is correct. Unless robbery by NBA, he should have a great chance of winning it tonight. What do you think?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Rookie GoldenBaller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That's a first, usually every ESPN analyst doesn't even mention a Toronto player.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    But no one can take T Ross' highlights away from him. He has the best in-game dunks out of the contestants by FAR.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    But no one can take T Ross' highlights away from him. He has the best in-game dunks out of the contestants by FAR.
    +1.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He has this recoil, where his body 'snaps' after a dunk and it makes it look so much more ferocious. That stuff is pure gift, and James White's corpse has nothing on T-dot Flight 31.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    He has this recoil, where his body 'snaps' after a dunk and it makes it look so much more ferocious. That stuff is pure gift, and James White's corpse has nothing on T-dot Flight 31.
    James White is overrated, the guy has so much hype going into this contest. Although, he has done some impressive stuff, I'm not excited about him. I'm excited about Ross, Faried, and Bledsoe.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Must admit, even with Ross in this year I have very little interest in the Dunk contest. Of course, I will PVR it and at least take a quick look tomorrow. So I guess I am interested enough to do that.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Green and White should be the favourite tonight.

    Ross needs to do something 'special' to win this thing.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,369
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Turns out Im on a plane during the contest.. )':
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,846
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    When does it start? I'm going out for dinner so I wanna get back before it starts

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    When does it start? I'm going out for dinner so I wanna get back before it starts
    Yea, I'm also curious
    #FREE

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I thikn the dunk contest is generally the last event of the night. And the whole fiasco starts at 8 pm est.

    I also think Ross has a chance to win the dunk contest.

    I also think that Ross might have a chance to win a 3pt contest down the line.

    It would be really cool if he managed to do both.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,846
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Win them all haha. First player in nba history to win every event at least once

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Win them all haha. First player in nba history to win every event at least once
    Not common to find a natural shooter who's also an elite athlete.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Not common to find a natural shooter who's also an elite athlete.
    Ray Allen is an example. Participated in the dunk contest, and three point shootout. Different years though, but still.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Ray Allen is an example. Participated in the dunk contest, and three point shootout. Different years though, but still.
    As much as Ray was a good athlete....Ross is a freak. Allen never had his hops, not quite...

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    As much as Ray was a good athlete....Ross is a freak. Allen never had his hops, not quite...
    I know, and I also know that you said elite athlete, but I was just making/backing your point that it's not common to find a great shooter with athleticism.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I know, and I also know that you said elite athlete, but I was just making/backing your point that it's not common to find a great shooter with athleticism.
    Ok, yeah, wasn't really sure why you brought him up...

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,655
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    no one in the panel right now has mentioned T Ross at all except when shaq said T Ross from Utah and then corrected himself and said Evans.. ross not getting any love or consideration even

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,377
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    no one in the panel right now has mentioned T Ross at all except when shaq said T Ross from Utah and then corrected himself and said Evans.. ross not getting any love or consideration even
    Lol Ernie said Ross had his vote.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •