Terrence Ross Wins 2013 Dunk Contest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Actually, you can tally instant results using preset algorithms -- That's how technology works. They probably tallied it when it was mathematically impossible for Ross to lose. But seriously, do you really believe anything would be rigged in favor of a Raptor? Have you been watching the officials this year? Really? The guy was three of top 10 plays of the night-- definitely not rigged.
    the rigging would have been for green.. its greens fault the he couldn't finish his dunk.. the fact that they gave him a 50 on his first dunk should have let everyone know they wanted green to win.. they certainly couldn't have allowed evans to win AGAIN after last years fiasco.. one of the worst dunk comps of all time and they hyped this years dunk comp so much.. plus all his dunks this year were pure gimmicks... jump over an old man sitting down and do nothing in the air, just dunk it... two balls (whoa)... jump over a painting and windmill... jump over another person sitting down and do nothing in the air, just dunk it... the guy should not have been there.. they just had to have him there as the reigning champ.. manimal should have went to the finals and someone fucked up and wont be back as a judge next year.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      Ray Allen is an example. Participated in the dunk contest, and three point shootout. Different years though, but still.
      Clarence Weatherspoon, Brent Barry and Kenny Smith also did off the top of my head...

Comment

• 5 attempts = 50 points?

I like T.Ross but that doesn't make sense to me.

He thanked all of his fans, twitter, the nba. DeRozan and Gay.

There was no love for Toronto, no mention. Even off camera, on twitter.

I think he'll leave Toronto the first chance he gets.
        Last edited by drunkmunky; Sun Feb 17, 2013, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
          the rigging would have been for green.. its greens fault the he couldn't finish his dunk.. the fact that they gave him a 50 on his first dunk should have let everyone know they wanted green to win.. they certainly couldn't have allowed evans to win AGAIN after last years fiasco.. one of the worst dunk comps of all time and they hyped this years dunk comp so much.. plus all his dunks this year were pure gimmicks... jump over an old man sitting down and do nothing in the air, just dunk it... two balls (whoa)... jump over a painting and windmill... jump over another person sitting down and do nothing in the air, just dunk it... the guy should not have been there.. they just had to have him there as the reigning champ.. manimal should have went to the finals and someone fucked up and wont be back as a judge next year.
          +1 with just about everything....such a garbage competition. I think Ross is a fairly good dunker, and if he had made his first one he would've saved the contest for everyone. He basically had one safe dunk, and the rest were all decently impressive....anyone else notice how far he took off on his last one? It was farther than ALL of Evans take-off points, and not only did he jump over someone/something, but put the ball through his legs too. All Ross' dunks had a high level of athleticism and coordination. Green tried to do that but failed. White had athleticism, but clearly no coordination. I actually thought that both Bledsoe and Faried were better dunkers than Evans in style, they just couldn't make them.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
            Clarence Weatherspoon, Brent Barry and Kenny Smith also did off the top of my head...
            Kenny was in a dunk contest??? He seems like such a garbage judge of dunk contests...and I'll never forgive him for being one of the biggest fans of the prop/gimmick thing

not to mention Weatherspoon being in a 3pt contest...are you sure about your facts man? Not hating but I would really appreciate some evidence
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Feb 17, 2013, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
              I had to double check...Imagine my surprise that Kenny has been in 3 dunk contests, and of course, never won any of them. I knew he could dunk, but well enough to impress??? Maybe that's why he likes props, because he couldn't win with skills.

As for Weatherspoon....I though that one had to be wrong, and it is. Weatherspoon has never been in a 3pt shootout.

I double checked this from their sources, but the wiki pages are just easier to read.
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_All...m_Dunk_Contest
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_All...Point_Shootout

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                5 attempts = 50 points?

I like T.Ross but that doesn't make sense to me.

He thanked all of his fans, twitter, the nba. DeRozan and Gay.

There was no love for Toronto, no mention. Even off camera, on twitter.

I think he'll leave Toronto the first chance he gets.
                Ugh. Watch the locker room interview he had after the entire event.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                  Ugh. Watch the locker room interview he had after the entire event.
                  Seriously, Ross seemed so happy to win it for Toronto, and so grateful to TO fans for helping in pushing him to do it.

Comment

• Still though, I can't think of a more dominant dunk contest than Vince's. Every dunk he did made it look like every other person was just clearly not on his level.

*I only think of it because I think Ross 1st and 3rd dunks, at least, were on that level....really a shame he didn't knock that first one down on his first, powerful, attempt.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      I had to double check...Imagine my surprise that Kenny has been in 3 dunk contests, and of course, never won any of them. I knew he could dunk, but well enough to impress??? Maybe that's why he likes props, because he couldn't win with skills.

As for Weatherspoon....I though that one had to be wrong, and it is. Weatherspoon has never been in a 3pt shootout.

I double checked this from their sources, but the wiki pages are just easier to read.
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_All...m_Dunk_Contest
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_All...Point_Shootout
                      I suppose you are correct sir, I don't know why but I was certain he had been in both...

Comment

• Btw, i thought James White's freethrow line was so underrated. I'm surprised he only got 45 from the judges. I mean, the choreography was awesome, he still got some serious hangtime and it was just a great dunk.

As for his 2nd dunk, the guy just cannot dribble a basketball. He kept losing his dribble, it was embarassing to see
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I had to google who James White was. Asked my Knicks loving friend about him and he couldn't even say much.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            I had to google who James White was. Asked my Knicks loving friend about him and he couldn't even say much.
                            He does have crazy hops, but he's got bad hands. Even if you find some old dunk contest footage of his, he tries to do a lot of ft line dunks with different variations. He misses a lot of attempts. When he makes them it's impressive though.

Comment

• Anyways, Ross winning was awesome. Drake and KG's reaction to the last dunk, twitter exploding and his cause (dunk cancer) made it feel so big. Like, I can't remember the last time I was genuinely excited much less feeling the dunk contest. When Ross won I was cheering in the living room with my wife and daughter. It was awesome.

Unlike a lot of the recent dunk contest winners I can see Ross being a player too. Toronto is live right now.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Made this Desktop Wallpaper in honor of Ross winning the dunk contest! (Please be aware this is only my 3rd or 4th wallpaper ever made, I am an amateur) So be nice and let me know what you think!

http://i.imgur.com/vKqG6Yu.jpg
                                Last edited by GoldenBaller; Sun Feb 17, 2013, 07:37 PM.
                                A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

Working...
                                X