How 'bout Bargs, Kleiza, Lucas and Anderson for Gordon, Session and Taylor
    DONE. Jeff Taylor is a ferocious defender

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty bad trade, but if this goes down , I can stomach this trade

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=c852fop

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

BC and Casey were really high on Biyombo in that draft. He would of been the pick if JV didn't fall. I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for him to be thrown in.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    BC and Casey were really high on Biyombo in that draft. He would of been the pick if JV didn't fall. I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for him to be thrown in.
    Actually the pick wouldve been traded if JV wasnt on the board! Watch the 50 min, behind the draft video. The moment Tristan went 4th, BC told another GM that he is not going through with it if he gets 'his' guy, and that he just got 'his' guy, and then he hung up.

Though Getting Sessions and Biyombo would be really nice
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's nice to know that there are teams willing to take on Bargnani. It's actually quite amazing.

So we have Chicago, Charlotte and possibly Philly.

Potential 3-way deals here. Utah could use a SG... wonder if they'd be happy with a chucker?

Utah - Gordon
    Toronto - Millsap & Bell
    Charlotte - Bargnani

Works in the trade machine.

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Booo....this is actually probably the worst option available. A douchebag who plays our deepest position, is a chucker, and we'd still have to pay him another year at a stupidly high rate (way to go, Joe Dumars).....As much as I would dislike a Boozer trade, if BC does this instead he's completely lost his mind.
    The *only* reason to take this trade would be 1-yr earlier cap relief. I agree, this one is worse than Boozer.

As it's looking now, there IS a market for Bargs -- we're hearing about 4 options now, so there are undoubtedly others that haven't been leaked. Toronto will have to take back something unpalatable in return, we all know that. Now it's just a matter of making sure what comes back is just mildly nauseating, and not truly sickening.

I still say there's value in waiting until the summer if nothing short-term and/or young talent/picks is on offer this week. If there are buyers now for #7, there will be buyers up to and after the draft as well.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Raptors Republic Rookie GoldenBaller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    It's nice to know that there are teams willing to take on Bargnani. It's actually quite amazing.

Potential 3-way deals here. Utah could use a SG... wonder if they'd be happy with a chucker?

Utah - Gordon
    Toronto - Millsap & Bell
    Charlotte - Bargnani

I wish, but instead of Bell I'd prefer a PG.

Edit: We already have a jam up of SG/SF. No need for more IMO
    Last edited by GoldenBaller; Sat Feb 16th, 2013 at 05:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Utah - Gordon
    Toronto - Millsap & Bell
    Charlotte - Bargnani

I can't see Utah taking on $13.2M in Gordon next season unless they are getting a serious prospect or draft picks as well.
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I can't see Utah taking on $13.2M in Gordon next season unless they are getting a serious prospect or draft picks as well.
    Charlottes first?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    It's hard to say... Utah is generally not a free agent destination and only have $26M committed (assuming all player options are picked up).

But if Utah is willing to take on Gordon's salary they may just ship Millsap + fillers to Charlotte instead of to Toronto. So either way it's probably not likely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Charlottes first?
    They can't trade their own due to restrictions on the pick they owe the Bulls. They could trade Portland's (top 12 protected and unprotected in 2016) or Detroit's (14, 8, 1, unprotected in 2016).
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I did not read this but I am 100% okay with this deal under the following two scenarios

1.) They throw in Kidd-Gilchrist (not likely I know)

2.) They throw in Ramon Sessions. for Fields or Kleiza

Sessions plays 28 minutes a night for them and is signed to reasonable $5m/yr contract. They're not going to give him up without taking another PG in return, and I don't think Lucas would interest them because they wouldn't be a) saving much, b) clearly downgrading. Cory Higgins isn't ready yet. Won't even comment on the MKG thing.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Conditions under which a trade with Charlotte is ok:
    -No way Toronto takes Gordon
    -Any deal starts with Ramon Sessions, if he's not on the table, there's no trade to be had. The only other players I like on their roster are MKG and Kemba, and they're not trading those guys.

If a 3rd team gets involved to take Gordon, that's fine. And if that third team also has other things to give us that Charlotte can't, then everything changes. But straight up swap with them, it's Sessions + pieces(not Gordon) or hang up the phone.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Sessions plays 28 minutes a night for them and is signed to reasonable $5m/yr contract. They're not going to give him up without taking another PG in return, and I don't think Lucas would interest them because they wouldn't be a) saving much, b) clearly downgrading. Cory Higgins isn't ready yet. Won't even comment on the MKG thing.
    I also agree that them parting with Sessions for Bargs with no PG insurance is unlikely, but they also have nothing else that can really be a good enough piece to get a deal done. Who knows though. So many 3 or 4 team trades these days.

*Given they start Kemba and play some small ball in the backcourt, maybe AA would be an option for them as a backup SG to help balance that out in a Sessions trade...They may not care too much about running out an unprepared backup, or might just sign a D-Leaguer like our good friend Uzoh to finish out the season. They are not playing for anything, and it would still be trading a backup for a starter.

**IN fact, they're sitting pretty in last place. Tank time for them. No real incentive to keep any pieces in the short term. If they think they'll struggle without Sessions, that might be a good thing at this point. Get a shot at drafting Muhammed (or McClemore) to slide between MKG and Kemba, and move forward from there.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Feb 16th, 2013 at 05:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Utah - Gordon
    Toronto - Millsap & Bell
    Charlotte - Bargnani

As much as I'd love that deal, I can't see Gordon being a Utah type player. I was wondering if Minnesota might be interested in Gordon.

To TORONTO - Ridnour & Williams

To MINNESOTA - Gordon & 1st round pick (from Charlotte)

To CHARLOTTE - Bargnani & Roy (to help balance salaries for Minny)

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

what about Sessions? would anyone take a Bargnani for Sessions + Gordon deal?

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When the Raps tried to unload Calderon twice, it was a bit awkward. This one is beyond that. AB7 is almost being traded for a bottle of Gatorade. This makes it super awks!!!
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    When the Raps tried to unload Calderon twice, it was a bit awkward. This one is beyond that. AB7 is almost being traded for a bottle of Gatorade. This makes it super awks!!!
    were do i sign up on that trade! id much prefer a bottle of gatorade or a bag of peanuts then all these garbage picking trades...NO way BC trades Bargs for a scrub worse then he is on a contract as bad as his...they'll just amnesty him if nothing good happens before the deadline...im sure the whole league is offering up there scrubs cause they think up here in canada were prob stupid enough to do anything with bargs! just to get rid of him...

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Imagine working for a company that sends out an email to the rest of its employee (including you). The email states that it wants to move you to another department because management thinks you're not very good at what you do. They won't demote you or strip you of your current salary, they just want to move your elsewhere because they no longer need you. That's how the Andrea Bargnani story is unfolding. I guess he needs to employ the scores he got on that Caliper personality test, which was apparently, off the "charts".

PS> As I was searching for Google image to attach to this post under "Unwanted Employees", Monta Ellis' photo showed up 13 times in the first page alone!! WTF???
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information