Bargnani for...Gordon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I can't see Utah taking on $13.2M in Gordon next season unless they are getting a serious prospect or draft picks as well.
    It's hard to say... Utah is generally not a free agent destination and only have $26M committed (assuming all player options are picked up).

But if Utah is willing to take on Gordon's salary they may just ship Millsap + fillers to Charlotte instead of to Toronto. So either way it's probably not likely.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
      Charlottes first?
      They can't trade their own due to restrictions on the pick they owe the Bulls. They could trade Portland's (top 12 protected and unprotected in 2016) or Detroit's (14, 8, 1, unprotected in 2016).

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        I did not read this but I am 100% okay with this deal under the following two scenarios

1.) They throw in Kidd-Gilchrist (not likely I know)

2.) They throw in Ramon Sessions. for Fields or Kleiza

Sessions plays 28 minutes a night for them and is signed to reasonable $5m/yr contract. They're not going to give him up without taking another PG in return, and I don't think Lucas would interest them because they wouldn't be a) saving much, b) clearly downgrading. Cory Higgins isn't ready yet. Won't even comment on the MKG thing.

Comment

Conditions under which a trade with Charlotte is ok:
          -No way Toronto takes Gordon
          -Any deal starts with Ramon Sessions, if he's not on the table, there's no trade to be had. The only other players I like on their roster are MKG and Kemba, and they're not trading those guys.

If a 3rd team gets involved to take Gordon, that's fine. And if that third team also has other things to give us that Charlotte can't, then everything changes. But straight up swap with them, it's Sessions + pieces(not Gordon) or hang up the phone.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
            Sessions plays 28 minutes a night for them and is signed to reasonable $5m/yr contract. They're not going to give him up without taking another PG in return, and I don't think Lucas would interest them because they wouldn't be a) saving much, b) clearly downgrading. Cory Higgins isn't ready yet. Won't even comment on the MKG thing.
            I also agree that them parting with Sessions for Bargs with no PG insurance is unlikely, but they also have nothing else that can really be a good enough piece to get a deal done. Who knows though. So many 3 or 4 team trades these days.

*Given they start Kemba and play some small ball in the backcourt, maybe AA would be an option for them as a backup SG to help balance that out in a Sessions trade...They may not care too much about running out an unprepared backup, or might just sign a D-Leaguer like our good friend Uzoh to finish out the season. They are not playing for anything, and it would still be trading a backup for a starter.

**IN fact, they're sitting pretty in last place. Tank time for them. No real incentive to keep any pieces in the short term. If they think they'll struggle without Sessions, that might be a good thing at this point. Get a shot at drafting Muhammed (or McClemore) to slide between MKG and Kemba, and move forward from there.
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Feb 16, 2013, 06:52 PM.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              It's nice to know that there are teams willing to take on Bargnani. It's actually quite amazing.

So we have Chicago, Charlotte and possibly Philly.

Potential 3-way deals here. Utah could use a SG... wonder if they'd be happy with a chucker?

Utah - Gordon
              Toronto - Millsap & Bell
              Charlotte - Bargnani

Works in the trade machine.
              As much as I'd love that deal, I can't see Gordon being a Utah type player. I was wondering if Minnesota might be interested in Gordon.

To TORONTO - Ridnour & Williams

To MINNESOTA - Gordon & 1st round pick (from Charlotte)

To CHARLOTTE - Bargnani & Roy (to help balance salaries for Minny)

Comment

what about Sessions? would anyone take a Bargnani for Sessions + Gordon deal?

Comment

When the Raps tried to unload Calderon twice, it was a bit awkward. This one is beyond that. AB7 is almost being traded for a bottle of Gatorade. This makes it super awks!!!
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    When the Raps tried to unload Calderon twice, it was a bit awkward. This one is beyond that. AB7 is almost being traded for a bottle of Gatorade. This makes it super awks!!!
                    were do i sign up on that trade! id much prefer a bottle of gatorade or a bag of peanuts then all these garbage picking trades...NO way BC trades Bargs for a scrub worse then he is on a contract as bad as his...they'll just amnesty him if nothing good happens before the deadline...im sure the whole league is offering up there scrubs cause they think up here in canada were prob stupid enough to do anything with bargs! just to get rid of him...

Comment

Imagine working for a company that sends out an email to the rest of its employee (including you). The email states that it wants to move you to another department because management thinks you're not very good at what you do. They won't demote you or strip you of your current salary, they just want to move your elsewhere because they no longer need you. That's how the Andrea Bargnani story is unfolding. I guess he needs to employ the scores he got on that Caliper personality test, which was apparently, off the "charts".

PS> As I was searching for Google image to attach to this post under "Unwanted Employees", Monta Ellis' photo showed up 13 times in the first page alone!! WTF???
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

A certain sports network based in Connecticut, whom shall remain nameless, is touting a Millsap for Bledsoe trade possibility today. It makes sense.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                          A certain sports network based in Connecticut, whom shall remain nameless, is touting a Millsap for Bledsoe trade possibility today. It makes sense.
                          It makes sense for Utah no doubt.

Not seeing the sense for the Clippers or Millsap.

Millsap UFA looking to be starting PF on a team. Small problem with Blake. Signing extension before deal also makes no sense for Millsap as he gets an extra year by waiting for summer. Maybe Clippers looking to dump Butler in the deal as well?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            It makes sense for Utah no doubt.

Not seeing the sense for the Clippers or Millsap.

Millsap UFA looking to be starting PF on a team. Small problem with Blake. Signing extension before deal also makes no sense for Millsap as he gets an extra year by waiting for summer. Maybe Clippers looking to dump Butler in the deal as well?
                            But Millsap is not a 3 though. Certainly doesn't make sense for Clippers.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                              But Millsap is not a 3 though. Certainly doesn't make sense for Clippers.
                              I didn't say he was.

I am in full agreement he is not a three and it makes no sense for the Clippers.

Comment

I'll admit I'd do a deal for Gordon if it was something like:

Tor receives Gordon & Biyombo

CHA receives Bargs, Anderson & Gray

Comment

Working...
                                X