No announcement yet.

Why Russel Westbrook. Is. An. Idiot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy was upset about losing, that's not difficult to understand. It's hard to be "on" 100% of the time when in the public eye.

Comment

Not sure if his reaction is:

1) Of course, we lost it.
      2) Of course, the Jazz won it.
      3) Both.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
        The guy was upset about losing, that's not difficult to understand. It's hard to be "on" 100% of the time when in the public eye.
        +1

Nothing wrong with being annoyed sometimes and not having your pr-face on.

Comment

He is just keepin' it real!

REAL DUMB!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
            He is just keepin' it real!

REAL DUMB!
            +1
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
              +1

Nothing wrong with being annoyed sometimes and not having your pr-face on.
              He could've made at least a half-ass attempt at a decent answer though...
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                He could've made at least a half-ass attempt at a decent answer though...
                Meh, I would have been fine with just saying he didn't want to answer that question, or something along those lines, but saying "y'all niggas be trippin" to reporters is unprofessionalism personified.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                  That's a clown question bro.
                  Oh. My. God. Best Avatar EVER.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                    Meh, I would have been fine with just saying he didn't want to answer that question, or something along those lines, but saying "y'all niggas be trippin" to reporters is unprofessionalism personified.
                    We can give em all the media training we want, but we've got all kinds of guys in the NBA. You ever heard Shumpert talk?

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                      We can give em all the media training we want, but we've got all kinds of guys in the NBA. You ever heard Shumpert talk?
                      No denying that.

My only problem is with being complicit or fine with the response. Saying "oh well, he got annoyed" does not cut it for me seeing as it is a recurring problem, and he is representing not only himself but his team. If I were an OKC fan I would want more from him, seeing as he is representing the organization. If Demar was saying stuff like this, we'd want him to mature.

I mean, it is not that big of an issue, but why not hold him to a bit of a higher standard?

Comment

They should trade him, clearly he's a cancer, I'm sure OKC would do fine without him...

WHO CARES?!

We've seen a lot of people in league go nuts, and wash out, and be idiots. Westbrooke isn't going to be one of them. He's a great player, he can be mouthy and full of attitude, but there is also a sense of entitlement that comes with being one of the best. Sometimes that's going to shine through, I say so what, if he was on my team and he was winning games and he mouthed off to Doug Smith I'd buy him a steak dinner.
                        What we didn't see was the prior questions, were they all stupid before hand and he lost his cool? Was he mad at the loss (presumably)? A million things factor into it. Clearly if the league thinks its an issue they'll fine him, and move on.

Lastly, that's not even remotely close to that bad. I think a guy like Kobe who shuts down the media, treats people like they're clowns, and does shit like tell Chris Palmer he hasn't watched the 81pt. game because it serves no purpose, loses to the Raptors recently, then tells the world about how he felt while re-watching for the first time and live tweets about is idiocy at its most legendary. I've met so many of these ballers who honestly have a Mariah Carey diva complex, nothing new. Let the game be the game, I gave up on these guys personas a long time ago.
                        i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

I agree pillowmint that RW should be forgiven minor indiscretions with the press because he is a great player.

Comment

pillowmint wrote: View Post
                            They should trade him, clearly he's a cancer, I'm sure OKC would do fine without him...

WHO CARES?!

We've seen a lot of people in league go nuts, and wash out, and be idiots. Westbrooke isn't going to be one of them. He's a great player, he can be mouthy and full of attitude, but there is also a sense of entitlement that comes with being one of the best. Sometimes that's going to shine through, I say so what, if he was on my team and he was winning games and he mouthed off to Doug Smith I'd buy him a steak dinner.
                            What we didn't see was the prior questions, were they all stupid before hand and he lost his cool? Was he mad at the loss (presumably)? A million things factor into it. Clearly if the league thinks its an issue they'll fine him, and move on.

Lastly, that's not even remotely close to that bad. I think a guy like Kobe who shuts down the media, treats people like they're clowns, and does shit like tell Chris Palmer he hasn't watched the 81pt. game because it serves no purpose, loses to the Raptors recently, then tells the world about how he felt while re-watching for the first time and live tweets about is idiocy at its most legendary. I've met so many of these ballers who honestly have a Mariah Carey diva complex, nothing new. Let the game be the game, I gave up on these guys personas a long time ago.
                            I disagree to an extent.
                            While you are correct in saying that others are divas within the league, that doesn't make it okay.
                            You say that there is a certain amount of entitlement that comes with being the best, and we should accept that (Steve Nash must have missed that memo; 100% class.).. there's also a certain amount of exposure that comes with "being the best"; and within that exposure lies, or at least should lie, a certain level of responsiblity and respect for the fact that you are now a role-model to millions of young children. And fine, these guys will likely say "I never asked to be a role-model" .. tough. Suck it up and act like a MAN, not a little kid who just lost his little league game.
                            Show some respect for the game and the fans that pay you money.

And perhaps we as adults can look past these mis-steps as "just being a diva", or being emotionally charged, but young children will look at this amazing, incredibly talented young man and think this is acceptable behaviour for someone who is shown such amounts of admiration or respect to exhibit.

And this is just touching on his body-language and direct response.
                            Don't even get me started on his choice of words ... now I'm not one to get into political discussions, and its far from my place to comment on Race Issues or how some may feel about Russ' vocabulary, but do you think Elgin Baylor or Oscar Robertson went around calling guys 'n---as'?
                            Not a chance in hell. They were to busy being called it themselves, and trying to fight for equality for future generations; only to have punkass losers like Westbrook set them back again.
                            Or perhaps I'm way off base and MJ and Magic went around calling reporters 'n---as' ...

Westbrook is an immature clown. End rant.
                            Last edited by Joey; Tue Feb 19, 2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              I disagree to an extent.
                              While you are correct in saying that others are divas within the league, that doesn't make it okay.
                              You say that there is a certain amount of entitlement that comes with being the best, and we should accept that (Steve Nash must have missed that memo; 100% class.).. there's also a certain amount of exposure that comes with "being the best"; and within that exposure lies, or at least should lie, a certain level of responsiblity and respect for the fact that you are now a role-model to millions of young children. And fine, these guys will likely say "I never asked to be a role-model" .. tough. Suck it up and act like a MAN, not a little kid who just lost his little league game.

And perhaps we as adults can look past these mis-steps as "just being a diva", or being emotionally charged, but young children will look at this amazing, incredibly talented young man and think this is acceptable behaviour for someone who is shown such amounts of admiration or respect to exhibit.

Don't even get me started on his choice of words ... now I'm not one to get into political discussions, and its far from my place to comment on Race Issues or how some may feel about Russ' vocabulary, but do you think Elgin Baylor or Oscar Robertson went around calling guys 'n---as'?
                              Not a chance in hell. They were to busy being called it themselves, and trying to fight for equality for future generations; only to have punkass losers like Westbrook set them back again.
                              Or perhaps I'm way off base and MJ and Magic went around calling reporters 'n---as' ...

get over it, some basketball players suck at life and everything not called basketball (the ones that are good people I applaud them). I don't let it bother me, because I know they will get theirs one day, and end up broke and on the crack pipe like their parents before them. You shouldn't let it bother you either.

look at allen iverson his life is shit. scottie pippen is broke. etc..shaq is an asshole, and is going to be kicked off tnt soon enough. barkley sounds drunk half the time. Jordan sucks at owning a team, but he has deep pockets. the list goes on....
                              Last edited by akashsingh; Tue Feb 19, 2013, 02:36 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                I disagree to an extent.

100% agree sir.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X