The future of Terence Ross.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The future of Terence Ross.

While Ross' natural talent is unquestionable and his All Star Slam Dunk success only further proof of his natural abilitiy, it remains to be seen exactly how good he'll be in the NBA. Be it shooting, rebounding or defence, he may not(yet) have great numbers, the potential however is obvious. While I'm hopeful and optimistic he'll become a superstar, it wouldn't surprise me if he became an above average all-star caliber player or an average role player either. The only thing that would surprise me is if he never makes it in the NBA at all.

Based on what you've seen, how good do you think he'll be?
    Superstar.
    9.09%
    Above average all-star.
    39.39%
    Average role player.
    51.52%
    Will not make it in the NBA.
    0.00%
    Last edited by Eric Akshinthala; Mon Feb 18, 2013, 04:41 AM.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

My silly optimism makes me vote for all-star. I am hopeful that HE will finally be one of those "potential" players for the raptors that GETS it. No real reason for thinking that other than he has seen the train wreck that is Bargnani and he can also see how hard Demar works (and how much he improves...wonderful example for a young player). Plus working under Casey. I think there is a chance for him.

Comment

He has those major hops and great instincts defensively, isnt a nutcase or lazy i cant think of any scenario (apart from major injury) in which he wouldnt grow into at least a great role player

Comment

Unfortunately i cant see superstar potential either, IMO he could be an allstar a couple of times at his best

Comment

solid starter, with a outside chance of being a borderline allstar if the stars aline.

His defense has been shown to be good, his shot is good to great(just needs to pick his shots better & be more consistent)

Comment

Wow average role player? naw I think he will be an all star at some point look at where the Raps are there will be a changing of the guard come the next 5 years some guys are pretty dame close to retirement, and I would assume like Gay Ross is going to a All star snub plays well gets his points but still gets overlooked same deal Gay went through in Memhis when he was probably the 2nd best SF over in the west being passed by KD only really...

Ross will surprise some people, he can only get better especially after this Dunk contest victory boost his ego/confidence andit gave him a taste of the glorious spotlight.

Comment

RNsteve wrote: View Post
              solid starter, with a outside chance of being a borderline allstar if the stars aline.

His defense has been shown to be good, his shot is good to great(just needs to pick his shots better & be more consistent)
              Agreed, solid starter, like a poor man's Ray Allen with slightly better hops, but less consistency on the 3's. Also, a little Jason Terry in him as well.

I hope the dunk off taught him how to perform in the spotlight, under pressure. Now to translate that into game situation..

Comment

I'll be the first to say Superstar.

Once he understands when to shoot and tightens up his handle, no one will stop this guy. Both of which will take time. Add in his ability to play D coupled with mad hops and it seems like a superstar to me. Check back in 3 years when he is averaging 25 a game and shooting 44 % from the three. Heard it here first. In the air he resembles a certain other worldly young superstar named MJ.

Comment

My choice is not there, I say solid starter, potential all star.

Comment

What I see in Terence is that he plays more than he thinks. Simply 'raw talent'. This is where coaching is critical. Unlike Demar for example, he is a 'Coach dependant player'. Not that Demar is not a Coach's player but Demar IMO has the ability to push himself as well. Again not that Terence does not have this ability but I haven't seen it so much. So I think his success will depend on how much pressure(positive) he'll put on himself and how much hard work will follow. The more this is done, the better he'll be 'cause as far as talent is concerned, the sky is the limit.

If this is achieved sooner rather than later, he can take Demar's place in the starting line up and Demar can be traded for something nice.
                    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I don't know usually you can tell from the player first season if he's got it (meaning he will be a star ) or not.

I don't see an all-star in Ross but he could be a starter.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        I don't know usually you can tell from the player first season if he's got it (meaning he will be a star ) or not.

I don't see an all-star in Ross but he could be a starter.

i agree, ross has raw talent and is an amazing shooter with insane athleticism but at the nba level the main difference between a role player and an allstar (or superstar to a larger degree) is their confidence.. thats the main reason i dont believe demars an allstar yet is because he doesn't believe he is.. but that may change.. same with ross he's been very hesistant with the ball electing to either jack up threes or pass it.. similar to demars couple dribbles and pass..now with that said being a slam dunk champion can do a lot for a young players confidence so we'll have to see how he plays the second half of the season before we can really asses where his career is heading
                        "So then carter says, Yes I'd LOVE to play for the Raptors again"

Comment

Last edited by akashsingh; Mon Feb 18, 2013, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I don't think he has low confidence at all. Do you see some of the shots he takes during games? He actually believe in every shots he takes. Like at times it seems like he has more confidence in his jumper than his athleticism. His biggest issue is his shot selection. I can see being a good starter that makes a All-Star or two. I haven't really heard much on his work ethic, so it's had to image anything more than that. He does have all the tolls though.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If this doesn't have his confidence at an all time high I don't what will

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                              X