View Poll Results: How good will Terence Ross be?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superstar.

3 9.09%
  • Above average all-star.

13 39.39%
  • Average role player.

17 51.52%
  • Will not make it in the NBA.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The future of Terence Ross.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The future of Terence Ross.

While Ross' natural talent is unquestionable and his All Star Slam Dunk success only further proof of his natural abilitiy, it remains to be seen exactly how good he'll be in the NBA. Be it shooting, rebounding or defence, he may not(yet) have great numbers, the potential however is obvious. While I'm hopeful and optimistic he'll become a superstar, it wouldn't surprise me if he became an above average all-star caliber player or an average role player either. The only thing that would surprise me is if he never makes it in the NBA at all.

Based on what you've seen, how good do you think he'll be?
    Last edited by Eric Akshinthala; Mon Feb 18th, 2013 at 03:41 AM.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My silly optimism makes me vote for all-star. I am hopeful that HE will finally be one of those "potential" players for the raptors that GETS it. No real reason for thinking that other than he has seen the train wreck that is Bargnani and he can also see how hard Demar works (and how much he improves...wonderful example for a young player). Plus working under Casey. I think there is a chance for him.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

He has those major hops and great instincts defensively, isnt a nutcase or lazy i cant think of any scenario (apart from major injury) in which he wouldnt grow into at least a great role player

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately i cant see superstar potential either, IMO he could be an allstar a couple of times at his best

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

solid starter, with a outside chance of being a borderline allstar if the stars aline.

His defense has been shown to be good, his shot is good to great(just needs to pick his shots better & be more consistent)

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow average role player? naw I think he will be an all star at some point look at where the Raps are there will be a changing of the guard come the next 5 years some guys are pretty dame close to retirement, and I would assume like Gay Ross is going to a All star snub plays well gets his points but still gets overlooked same deal Gay went through in Memhis when he was probably the 2nd best SF over in the west being passed by KD only really...

Ross will surprise some people, he can only get better especially after this Dunk contest victory boost his ego/confidence andit gave him a taste of the glorious spotlight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RNsteve wrote: View Post
    solid starter, with a outside chance of being a borderline allstar if the stars aline.

His defense has been shown to be good, his shot is good to great(just needs to pick his shots better & be more consistent)
    Agreed, solid starter, like a poor man's Ray Allen with slightly better hops, but less consistency on the 3's. Also, a little Jason Terry in him as well.

I hope the dunk off taught him how to perform in the spotlight, under pressure. Now to translate that into game situation..