Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Raps Shopping Klieza....

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raps Shopping Klieza....

Latest updates and analysis from the trading block:
    With the NBA trade deadline rapidly approaching (Feb. 21), we at sportsnet.ca will do our best to keep you abreast of all of the trade rumours as there seem to be plenty of teams and players in play this year. Watch for our daily updates as the off-court action seems to be intensifying.

A report out of Lithuania suggest the Raptors are trying to find a new home for rarely-used small forward Leinas Kleiza. (Hat tip to Hoopshype.com for the translation.)
    WHO the hell wants him? Pretty sure the only way we get rid of him is Amnesty when was the last time he played??? wasnt it Memphis?

I guess it means Klieza aongside someone in a deal, seriously who would take this out of shape, ball chucking injury prone player?

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He'll have a better future if he plays somewhere in Europe. Has only shown in short stints he belongs in the NBA for good.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    He'll have a better future if he plays somewhere in Europe. Has only shown in short stints he belongs in the NBA for good.
    i agree he should just stay in Europe, I thought he would come to fruition this year after "finding" himself in the olympics he was beasting.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The dude is an assassin when he's hot but he's super inconsistent and injury prone.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if he wasnt injured and out of shape, he still does not have a place on this team.

I honestly have no clue who would take him, but this is a league where players in a worse spot than Kleiza have gotten many more chances. I would not be too shocked if a team really dry on the wing grabbed him with Bargnani and Anderson or something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    seriously who would take this out of shape, ball chucking injury prone player?
    Yeah and once we have Bargnani gone we still have to get rid of Kleiza

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Why trade for him? If a team really wants him they just have to wait until he is amnestied and pay pennies on the dollar. This really isn't news, to be honest.

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure the Raptors would love to get something in return for Kleiza - they've been paying him to do nothing for roughly the entire season. But I doubt there's any real market for him because of the same reasons.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lakers have no bench. maybe some late 2nd rounder?

but there is really only 2 teams who would take him lakers and new york. can't see anyone else spending millions of dollars on the off chance it might help them.

next year, if he isn't amnestied(which i don't think he will be unless it really fucks us somehow payroll wise), he will be worth something as a 4.5 million expiring
    For The Win

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    lakers have no bench. maybe some late 2nd rounder?

but there is really only 2 teams who would take him lakers and new york. can't see anyone else spending millions of dollars on the off chance it might help them.

next year, if he isn't amnestied(which i don't think he will be unless it really fucks us somehow payroll wise), he will be worth something as a 4.5 million expiring
    Agreed, that makes more sense than dealing him now for a new whistle.
    F*ck Brooklyn

Post Thanks / Like

He shoots 30% from three and that's supposed to be his specialty. Can't see anyone being terribly interested in him, unless they think he can provide some bulk at the three (why would one even want that?). Amnestying is an option right now, but it's not going to do much since the Raptors are way over the cap and it wouldn't be in a position to sign someone. Maybe if they unload Bargnani's salary (and somehow take an expiring in return), shed more salary somehow, and then amnesty Kleiza, it might be able to add some flexibility.

Remember, when you amnesty someone you still have to pay them. It only doesn't count against your cap.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont see Klieza being moved for anything useful I see Amnesty his only real way out of town, no doubt BC is trying to get something for him though. He and Pieturs are just sitting in the shadows now.. If there is anything I did like about Klieza it was his attitude it was fresh at times especially judging on how overall "soft" the Raps were.

Cant be here next season:

Bargnani
    Klieza
    Pietrus
    Hadaddi

Post Thanks / Like

Amnesty should be reserved for Bargnani. He has over 20 million in contract left after this season while Kleiza has 5 million left. They will be difficult to deal as they are well known defensive liabilities, are prone to injuries, and shoot a low percentage, something they're supposed to be good at.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Kleiza for Ridnour

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors will not get value back for Kleiza, so why bother trading him? I still believe Bargnani can bring back something, so use the amnesty on Kleiza and be done with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Amnesty can not be done until next summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Amnesty Kleiza in the Summer, rather than receive a longer contract for a low value player. Use Bargnani as the trade chip w/ Anderson.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    Kleiza for Ridnour
    I think Kleiza can return more. Maybe Kleiza for Harden?
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kleiza for president?

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Say that the Raptors manage to trade Kleiza for a second rounder or an expiring and the Raptors amnesty Bargnani in the summer. What does that leave us in terms of salary?
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Thread Information