X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat with David Thorpe (Feb. 10)

Link

Nadeem (Maple)

Where would you rank Chris Bosh, in terms of the other big men of the NBA, and where do you see him playing next year?

David Thorpe (12:18 PM)

He's a top 6 player-haven't I said that before? And it looks like they have things going in Toronto, so he certainly may end up there
    Bill (Florida)

Should the East just start the playoffs with the top 4 teams (Cleveland, Orlando, Atlanta, Boston)? Do you really think a team like Toronto/Charlotte/Miami will upset one of the big boys in the first round?

David Thorpe (12:19 PM)

Hmm, let's see; Bosh, Wade, Larry Brown. Yep, upsets can be had.
    Eli (T-Dot)

Coach,whats your take on DeRozan's future considering he's one of the youngest guys in the league. Is he a future legit starter on a contender or more likely to end up a bench guy?

David Thorpe (12:23 PM)

He reminds me of Gerald Green in some respects, though I think he's a better player than Green. He's holding his own, and will have every chance at being a long term starter.
    Jeff (Toronto)

When are your ESPN brethren going to write *anything* about the Raptors. Second best record in the NBA over the past two months. 17-6 in their last 23, after a nightmare schedule (and 9 new players) to start the season. They might be a Marcus Camby away from winning a few playoff series.

David Thorpe (12:27 PM)

I'll look into it. But this is what I expected all along.
    Jordan (Toronto)

What's your opinion on American Media perpetuating myths about having all this intimate knowledge of Chris Bosh leaving Toronto and guaranteeing he won't return to the Raptors, when local Toronto papers and CB himself saying he hasn't decided?

David Thorpe (12:35 PM)

Go ahead, pile on us Americans. Everyone else is.
    John (Toronto)

Chris Bosh has told me he is staying in Toronto. What do you say to that?

David Thorpe (12:53 PM)

Then it must be so.
    RR OG

ESPN has really pissed off the Raptorsland in the past couple of months. If Bosh stays some of their "Bosh is definitely leaving" rumors are going to hurt their credibility. It funny how as soon a Bosh squashes the rumors suddenly there is a new rumor that Colangelo may leave for Jersey. There is no end. Why can they start a rumor about Marcus Banks leaving? Do us a favor for a change ESPN!

Comment

David Thorpe is a great writer with unusual access to players through IMG. Wished raptor truthers had asked less stereotypically insecure questions.

Comment

"Go ahead, pile on us Americans. Everyone else is. "

Touchy touchy.

Was he thinking beyond sports I wonder?

Comment

That's his sense of humor.

Thorpe has that Keith Law "I don't care that I come off as an asshole because I know what I'm talking about" kind of attitude

Comment

NewRapCity wrote: View Post
            David Thorpe is a great writer with unusual access to players through IMG. Wished raptor truthers had asked less stereotypically insecure questions.
            Maybe they wouldn't be so insecure if media types never kept on making up junk rumors that their cornerstone player has already decided to bolt on them? The Raptors fans attitude is a product of the American media's treatment of their team, highly negative. They've been saying Bosh is leaving ever since he was up for his rookie contract extension. Before him it was Carter.
            Last edited by Apollo; Wed Feb 10, 2010, 05:49 PM.

Comment

I dont think its the American media picking on us. They are putting out rumors about every free agent this offseason. Have there been more Bosh stories than Lebron, Wade or Amare to name a few? I dont think

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Maybe they wouldn't be so insecure if media types never kept on making up junk rumors that their cornerstone player has already decided to bolt on them? The Raptors fans attitude is a product of the American media's treatment of their team, highly negative. They've been saying Bosh is leaving ever since he was up for his rookie contract extension. Before him it was Carter.
                Oprah says that you teach people how to treat you. I hate Oprah, but this is true. Total cop out to blame the american media for Raptor fan attitudes.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  It funny how as soon a Bosh squashes the rumors suddenly there is a new rumor that Colangelo may leave for Jersey. There is no end. Why can they start a rumor about Marcus Banks leaving? Do us a favor for a change ESPN!

LOL great take on it Apollo -----> a Marcus Banks rumour
                  Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

Raptor fans always chew out ESPN, always good for a laugh

Comment

hilfgott wrote: View Post
                      I dont think its the American media picking on us. They are putting out rumors about every free agent this offseason. Have there been more Bosh stories than Lebron, Wade or Amare to name a few? I dont think
                      I've heard several reporters and "journalists" say that Chris Bosh is by far the most likely to leave. There are rumours about all of them, but most American writers/reporters are sure that Chris is leaving. And personally, it rubs me the wrong way.

Comment

NewRapCity wrote: View Post
                        Oprah says that you teach people how to treat you. I hate Oprah, but this is true. Total cop out to blame the american media for Raptor fan attitudes.
                        What about integrity and accountability? What does the "book of Oprah" teach us about that?

Comment

Working...
                        X