Big Week Ahead (part I)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Week Ahead (part I)

I guess this will be a recurrent them for many weeks this season but it definitely works here. First up Washington. Terrible record and we play them 3-4 more times this year but they've improved a lot as of late with the return of Wall. How we handle them will play a big part in this season's story. Next up Memphis. 'Nuff said. Getting nostalgic seeing big Ed on all the early Open Gym shows. And then a rematch with the Knicks who will be a bit more aware of us now. The fun never stops. Wish us well.

that home game against Memphis will be HUGE! and I would love for the Raps to stick it to NY again on the 22nd.

Comment

I think all three games will be tough this week. Washington is actually playing well lately - they beat the Clippers, Knicks, Nets and Bucks in four of their past five games. Memphis is just a solid team that is going to bring it. Knicks are another good team that will be looking for revenge after last week's loss to the Raptors. Should be a good week as a fan.

Comment

Plus there's the trade deadline
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Tomorrow's game is a TRAP game. I hope they don't underestimate the Wiz because they've been playing well since Wall returned from his injury. And that arena in Washington has always been a tough place for the Raps.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Hey, anyone remember those Randolph comments (that may have, well probably, been misinterpreted) about the Grizz being better off without Rudy Gay? Maybe that will light a fire in Rudy and he goes for 40, haha.

Comment

I hope not. Rudy showed us that "going for 40" does not mean getting 40 points, more like 4-21...

Comment

Darien wrote: View Post
                I hope not. Rudy showed us that "going for 40" does not mean getting 40 points, more like 4-21...
                Rudy is better than that...just watch....#clutch.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  Plus there's the trade deadline
                  that's how big a week it is. totally forgot about that.

Comment

Darien wrote: View Post
                    Taking a lot of shots that are yours to take cause he is the number 1 option is ok. He takes his shots but really helps everywhere else on the court so you can let that slide, plus his leadership has just been invaluable. Bargnani takes a lot of shots and doesnt help anywhere else, He had a bad shooting night and thanks to him so did Carmelo and Amare. I think everyone forgets that Melo actually plays pretty good D nowadays hes a man in the hunt, and honestly Rudy Gay isnt going to go 4-21 much if ever really everyone has bad nights you just gotta look to where else you can still make an impact and Rudy did that.

Comment

The Vegas betting line has the Wizards as favored by three points tonight. The Raptors have just 7 road wins this season.

Comment

Its gonna be an interestion next few games for sure. They have to be carefull with washington, they gotta make sure their heads are on straight and im sure they can take care of the wiz. I'd be pretty surprised if Rudy doesnt go off on his old team, its should be a tough one but, i see the raps pulling it off. Then theres the knicks, im sure they'll be ready for us this time around and as long as we play the same D they should be fine with the knicks and melo's "injured arm" (which is by the way slang for "the raps played good defence on me")

Comment

To use an old cliche raptors just need to focus on one game at a time. Only focus now is Memphis period.

Comment

This is our chance to get some recognition from the league.

Beat Memphis, on our way to a 6 game winning streak and 7-2 record since Gays trade. If that doesnt warrant us a front page NBA article, I dunno what would! (Blowing out the LA clippers... nope!)
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

If Toronto can get out of this week with 2 wins out of 3 games, it'd be good for a confidence level, although we are very capable of keeping the winning streak.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                              X