Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade deadline 2013

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

@Gambo620 Suns will waive Haddadi

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Im so sad.... Bargs is still a Rap... JJ Redick on Bucks is going to hurts us and we gotta play them 2 more times. Such a blah day I was anticipating something bigger, Raps could have walked out of this season poised to be one of if not the most improved teams in the league Having Gay and Boozer for nothing really...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty depressed right now...not going to lie. I need a hug

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is for all raptor fans...

At least we have Gay

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Agreed! Don't quite understand why the Knicks did that trade...
    Brewer was picked up as a fill in for shumpert. With shumpert back, I guess they figured they didn't need him anymore and might as well get something.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really see JJ making the bucks that much better.

Post Thanks / Like

What an anti-climactic trade deadline for the entire NBA.

Ok BC, start strategizing those summer trade/S&T plans for Bargnani... Millsap? Gasol?

Assuming all options are picked up, the Raps will enter the offseason with 12 players under contract, for a total team salary of $72,951,259.

12 Players:

C: Valanciunas, Gray (player option)
    PF: Bargnani*, Johnson*, Acy
    SF: Gay, Fields, Kleiza* (player option)
    SG: DeRozan, Ross
    PG: Lowry, Lucas (team option)
    * can be amnestied

Even if the amnesty is used, the Raps would still be over the salary cap and unable to sign a free agent for more than the MLE.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Yeah, still first-rounder fodder at best, and then they're scrambling in the summer to keep Redick, which might not be that appealing to him if he's splitting time at SG with Ellis. If they had been able to do this trade and flip a package involving Henson and a pick plus Ellis or Ilyasova for Josh Smith, then they'd have a chance to go on a run, maybe get an upset in the playoffs, and convince those guys to stick around in the offseason. They went half-in in a year where they needed to either go all-in or retool.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    What an anti-climactic trade deadline for the entire NBA.

Ok BC, start strategizing those summer trade/S&T plans for Bargnani... Millsap? Gasol?

Assuming all options are picked up, the Raps will enter the offseason with 12 players under contract, for a total team salary of $72,951,259.

12 Players:

C: Valanciunas, Gray (player option)
    PF: Bargnani*, Johnson*, Acy
    SF: Gay, Fields, Kleiza* (player option)
    SG: DeRozan, Ross
    PG: Lowry, Lucas (team option)
    * can be amnestied

Even if the amnesty is used, the Raps would still be over the salary cap and unable to sign a free agent for more than the MLE.
    I say this as a huge fan but that is one uninspiring max payroll team

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Yeah, agreed....SG and outside shooting in general were not the Bucks biggest weaknesses. Strange trade for them to make without the Smith deal also going through.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, people, including myself, can be upset all they want at BC, but this was a really inactive trade deadline. It looks like the Raps still made the biggest trade of the year getting Gay.
    So yeah, Bargs still here.....I guess BC really believes that he can flip him for Pau in the summer. I became convinced if he didn't like the Boozer deal, he would take a package for some or all of these: role player(s), flexibility, pick(s). I figured it wouldn't stop him from finding a way to make moves in the summer. Oh well...I really do think he's going for a Pau or bust strategy now...

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Yeah, agreed....SG and outside shooting in general were not the Bucks biggest weaknesses. Strange trade for them to make without the Smith deal also going through.
    The chances for 8th hasn't really changed

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, Redick was the biggest name to move today....that's lame.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be pissed off if I was a Bucks fan.. They gave up legitimate assets for a rental that's really a role player? I can't stand Colangelo, but at least we don't have Hammond as a GM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I would be pissed off if I was a Bucks fan.. They gave up legitimate assets for a rental that's really a role player? I can't stand Colangelo, but at least we don't have Hammond as a GM.
    Really? What legitimate asset did Mil give up? Udrih? Lamb and Harris don't even play. Don't know enough about the Bucks cap situation to comment to much and I don't know whether Redick makes them a tonne better but he can do more for you than all 3 of those guys combined. Plus, he's a great replacement for Ellis if he walks.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Well, people, including myself, can be upset all they want at BC, but this was a really inactive trade deadline. It looks like the Raps still made the biggest trade of the year getting Gay.
    So yeah, Bargs still here.....I guess BC really believes that he can flip him for Pau in the summer. I became convinced if he didn't like the Boozer deal, he would take a package for some or all of these: role player(s), flexibility, pick(s). I figured it wouldn't stop him from finding a way to make moves in the summer. Oh well...I really do think he's going for a Pau or bust strategy now...
    I put Gay at #2. Harden was biggest trade of year, imo.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Gasol. I'll be shocked if LA trade for him but you never know. LA is going to be in a situation like Toronto: no use to amnesty or trade for cap space when you are over the cap; you still can't use full MLE and sign and trades off limits as is free agency; Lakers like Raptors are going to have to use all their current assets to get new assets.

Anyways, time will certainly tell on it all.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Really? What legitimate asset did Mil give up? Udrih? Lamb and Harris don't even play. Don't know enough about the Bucks cap situation to comment to much and I don't know whether Redick makes them a tonne better but he can do more for you than all 3 of those guys combined. Plus, he's a great replacement for Ellis if he walks.
    In the short term yes but Harris showed potential earlier in the season. I like him. Hopefully he gets more of a chance in Orlando.
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I put Gay at #2. Harden was biggest trade of year, imo.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Gasol. I'll be shocked if LA trade for him but you never know. LA is going to be in a situation like Toronto: no use to amnesty or trade for cap space when you are over the cap; you still can't use full MLE and sign and trades off limits as is free agency; Lakers like Raptors are going to have to use all their current assets to get new assets.

Anyways, time will certainly tell on it all.
    Forgot about the Harden trade....don't really think of it since it happened right before the season.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    If Ellis walks who's to say that Reddick won't walk either? The Bucks have been in mediocrity for the longest time. They either need to blow it up or get really good really quickly. Reddick does neither. They still may not make the playoffs and if they did they could go out in the first round while losing young assets.

Also why get Reddick when you have Jennings and Ellis taking most of the minutes. Is Reddick coming off the bench? Or are they playing 3 guards at once?

Plus they have Ilyasova and Dunleavy as their 3pt shooters.. why add a third to the mix?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    If Ellis walks who's to say that Reddick won't walk either? The Bucks have been in mediocrity for the longest time. They either need to blow it up or get really good really quickly. Reddick does neither. They still may not make the playoffs and if they did they could go out in the first round while losing young assets.

Also why get Reddick when you have Jennings and Ellis taking most of the minutes. Is Reddick coming off the bench? Or are they playing 3 guards at once?

Plus they have Ilyasova and Dunleavy as their 3pt shooters.. why add a third to the mix?
    I think you continue to see Jennings and Ellis start game and 2nd half together but very limited after that.

Also both those guys play 37 mins per game. I think that is too much with the wear and tear of the NBA season.

Totally talking out of my ass here. No clue.
    Tim Leiweke

Thread Information