No announcement yet.

Trade deadline 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, people, including myself, can be upset all they want at BC, but this was a really inactive trade deadline. It looks like the Raps still made the biggest trade of the year getting Gay.
    So yeah, Bargs still here.....I guess BC really believes that he can flip him for Pau in the summer. I became convinced if he didn't like the Boozer deal, he would take a package for some or all of these: role player(s), flexibility, pick(s). I figured it wouldn't stop him from finding a way to make moves in the summer. Oh well...I really do think he's going for a Pau or bust strategy now...

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Yeah, agreed....SG and outside shooting in general were not the Bucks biggest weaknesses. Strange trade for them to make without the Smith deal also going through.
      The chances for 8th hasn't really changed
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Seriously, Redick was the biggest name to move today....that's lame.

Comment

• I would be pissed off if I was a Bucks fan.. They gave up legitimate assets for a rental that's really a role player? I can't stand Colangelo, but at least we don't have Hammond as a GM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            I would be pissed off if I was a Bucks fan.. They gave up legitimate assets for a rental that's really a role player? I can't stand Colangelo, but at least we don't have Hammond as a GM.
            Really? What legitimate asset did Mil give up? Udrih? Lamb and Harris don't even play. Don't know enough about the Bucks cap situation to comment to much and I don't know whether Redick makes them a tonne better but he can do more for you than all 3 of those guys combined. Plus, he's a great replacement for Ellis if he walks.

Comment

Well, people, including myself, can be upset all they want at BC, but this was a really inactive trade deadline. It looks like the Raps still made the biggest trade of the year getting Gay.
              So yeah, Bargs still here.....I guess BC really believes that he can flip him for Pau in the summer. I became convinced if he didn't like the Boozer deal, he would take a package for some or all of these: role player(s), flexibility, pick(s). I figured it wouldn't stop him from finding a way to make moves in the summer. Oh well...I really do think he's going for a Pau or bust strategy now...
              I put Gay at #2. Harden was biggest trade of year, imo.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Gasol. I'll be shocked if LA trade for him but you never know. LA is going to be in a situation like Toronto: no use to amnesty or trade for cap space when you are over the cap; you still can't use full MLE and sign and trades off limits as is free agency; Lakers like Raptors are going to have to use all their current assets to get new assets.

Anyways, time will certainly tell on it all.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                Really? What legitimate asset did Mil give up? Udrih? Lamb and Harris don't even play. Don't know enough about the Bucks cap situation to comment to much and I don't know whether Redick makes them a tonne better but he can do more for you than all 3 of those guys combined. Plus, he's a great replacement for Ellis if he walks.
                In the short term yes but Harris showed potential earlier in the season. I like him. Hopefully he gets more of a chance in Orlando.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  I put Gay at #2. Harden was biggest trade of year, imo.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Gasol. I'll be shocked if LA trade for him but you never know. LA is going to be in a situation like Toronto: no use to amnesty or trade for cap space when you are over the cap; you still can't use full MLE and sign and trades off limits as is free agency; Lakers like Raptors are going to have to use all their current assets to get new assets.

Anyways, time will certainly tell on it all.
                  Forgot about the Harden trade....don't really think of it since it happened right before the season.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    If Ellis walks who's to say that Reddick won't walk either? The Bucks have been in mediocrity for the longest time. They either need to blow it up or get really good really quickly. Reddick does neither. They still may not make the playoffs and if they did they could go out in the first round while losing young assets.

Also why get Reddick when you have Jennings and Ellis taking most of the minutes. Is Reddick coming off the bench? Or are they playing 3 guards at once?

Plus they have Ilyasova and Dunleavy as their 3pt shooters.. why add a third to the mix?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      If Ellis walks who's to say that Reddick won't walk either? The Bucks have been in mediocrity for the longest time. They either need to blow it up or get really good really quickly. Reddick does neither. They still may not make the playoffs and if they did they could go out in the first round while losing young assets.

Also why get Reddick when you have Jennings and Ellis taking most of the minutes. Is Reddick coming off the bench? Or are they playing 3 guards at once?

Plus they have Ilyasova and Dunleavy as their 3pt shooters.. why add a third to the mix?
                      I think you continue to see Jennings and Ellis start game and 2nd half together but very limited after that.

Also both those guys play 37 mins per game. I think that is too much with the wear and tear of the NBA season.

Totally talking out of my ass here. No clue.

Comment

• Bucks are the ultimate mediocre team. They are going no where unless john henson turns in KG or somthing

Comment

• I read on realgm that the Lakers were ready to part with Blake, Morris, Duhon and Devin Ebanks for a second rounder. I wouldnt have minded if we got Blake or Duhon.
                          @RavNation

Comment

• YYZ wrote: View Post
                            I read on realgm that the Lakers were ready to part with Blake, Morris, Duhon and Devin Ebanks for a second rounder. I wouldnt have minded if we got Blake or Duhon.
                            That would have required capspace, or a tpe, to send cash back with the pick. Can't trade a pick straight up for a player.

Comment

That would have required capspace, or a tpe, to send cash back with the pick. Can't trade a pick straight up for a player.
                              Good point overlooked that.
                              @RavNation

Comment

Working...
                              X