Trade deadline 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade deadline 2013

thought this might be a good spot to dump all the various trade speculation. I suspect it will be a very active couple of days. So I will start it off.

Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion

I'm told the Toronto Raptors are highly interested in Eric Maynor.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

I'd love Maynor. Haven't seen him get much burn in the NBA but I remember him being a good distributor in college

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      thought this might be a good spot to dump all the various trade speculation. I suspect it will be a very active couple of days. So I will start it off.
      I looked into this Twitter feed as it is not one that I was readily familiar with. Reading back on their posts for the past week there is no tweet that matches the one you listed.

I did a search on twitter for something along these lines and there are 3-4 other accounts that have sourced the above as a RT, without an official retweet. There is nothing that directly ties the Legion Sports twitter feed, and the Raptors with an interest in Maynor.

Personally, I would enjoy seeing Maynor as our back-up PG, but have yet to read from a reliable source that the Raptors are pursuing a deal for him.
      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Maynor would be a great find talent-wise if we could get him....Of course, it's OKC, so I feel like we won't be able to offer them anything they want, unless they'll take 2nd rd picks....or Quincy Acy???

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
          I looked into this Twitter feed as it is not one that I was readily familiar with. Reading back on their posts for the past week there is no tweet that matches the one you listed.

I did a search on twitter for something along these lines and there are 3-4 other accounts that have sourced the above as a RT, without an official retweet. There is nothing that directly ties the Legion Sports twitter feed, and the Raptors with an interest in Maynor.

Personally, I would enjoy seeing Maynor as our back-up PG, but have yet to read from a reliable source that the Raptors are pursuing a deal for him.
          Yeah, there's going to be lots of grabage written and tweeted over the next few days...sportswriters trying to kick up dirt, hoping it'll uncover something real...Most of it is just assumption...like, "TO needs a PG, here are available PGs, therefore TO must be interested in some of them..."

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Maynor would be a great find talent-wise if we could get him....Of course, it's OKC, so I feel like we won't be able to offer them anything they want, unless they'll take 2nd rd picks....or Quincy Acy???
            Perkins and Maynor for Bargnani works.

Not sure if I would be happy or not about that though.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

OKC is not trading for Bargnani. I assume this is a joke or you hit your head.

Comment

Bargnani and Fields for Durant works, too, but then Eric Maynor is what the Raptors really want.

Comment

I read a Tweet on ESPN today that said/assumed the Raps could be interested in Ridnour (Minnesota) or Telfair (Phoenix) as backup PG.

Minnesota is desperate for wing help and have a glut of PG, but the salary doesn't easily match up (and no, Kleiza is not a legit option).

Phoenix apparently wants to dump Telfair so that Kendall Marshall can get more playing time behind Dragic. A straight-up Haddadi for Telfair trade works in the ESPN Trade Machine (both are expiring). That could be a simple trade to provide another backup PG option for this season, without committing to any player/contract beyond this season.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    OKC is not trading for Bargnani. I assume this is a joke or you hit your head.
                    Perkins has been a huge dud for OKC. He was needed for Duncan, but Bargnani could do just as well in my opinion. Howard may not even be in the playoffs so I doubt it matters for OKC.

Ibaka/Durant and Westbrook can make up for Bargnani's rebounding.. and I actually think Bargnani would be more dangerous against the Heat than Perkins would.

The trade machine says OKC wins that trade.

I personally hate Perkins but I see him as a better fit than Bargnani.

Comment

https://twitter.com/MySportsLegion look at 2 hours in

not sure I like the suggestion that I pulled this out of my ass.

Anyway
                      Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion

Oklahoma City is shopping young point guard Eric Maynor. I expect 29 GM's to dial OKC up, Maynor can play.
                      Collapse
                      I can not find the follow up tweet suggesting the raptors were interested. But it was in my feed. It might have been deleted
                      Last edited by thead; Tue Feb 19, 2013, 02:49 PM.
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Perkins has been a huge dud for OKC. He was needed for Duncan, but Bargnani could do just as well in my opinion. Howard may not even be in the playoffs so I doubt it matters for OKC.

Ibaka/Durant and Westbrook can make up for Bargnani's rebounding.. and I actually think Bargnani would be more dangerous against the Heat than Perkins would.

The trade machine says OKC wins that trade.

I personally hate Perkins but I see him as a better fit than Bargnani.
                        They need Perkins for his leadership. He is the only gritty player on that team. If they flipped him for Bargs, they would lose a lot of toughness because even Brooks raves about the trickle down effect of Perkins' attitude.

Comment

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

One deal on the table for the Bucks is Luc Mbah a Moute and a first-round pick to Orlando for J.J. Redick, sources say.
                          Orlando could do much better for him. But at least we know Mil will indeed be active...ERSAN please

Comment

Trade deadline hurts my brain. So many conflicting reports out there all the time. Something either needs to happen or it just needs to be Thursday.

Comment

How about Elton Brand?

Comment

Working...
                              X