Trade deadline 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    he's a great prospect, and has a tremendous ceiling. the kings management has no patience, and that will be their downfall. In 3-4 years, if they had kept the core of Marcus Thornton, Tyreke Evans, Thomas Robinson, Demarcus Cousins, added a decent PG (maybe marcus smart in the draft), the kings would be contenders for a long time.

devil's advocate:
    he's not an undersized 4 by any means, this is coming from fans of team who employs a 6'9" centre.
    Well right now he doesn't look quick or strong or skilled enough to finish the moves he was getting off in his last year at Kansas. His jumper is also not nearly consistent enough to make him a threat from the mid-long range area. So if he can't score inside and can't pull defenders away from the basket, that's not a good combination.
    I do think he still has the chance to get better, but he'll need to significantly work on his body to be more effective in the post, and/or work in his jumper to at least be a solid (40% or more would be nice from 12-18 ft) shooter. This isn't college and he isn't going to get to always finish from 5 ft and in.

Comment

Meh, I want Bargnani gone.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Marc stein says raptors will likely trade Haddadi and a 2nd for Telfair....oh joy.

Comment

I wasn't against getting Telfair, because he's been playing really solid for Phoenix, and they have a similar offense of running off stops, and running pick and roll/iso plays.

I like Telfair, I just want Ridnour more.

Comment

Raptors need a backup pg without taking on salary so Telfair and his expiring contract for Haddadi makes sense.

Comment

Couldn't we just waive Hadidi, keep our second rounder and pick up a back up pg from the d-league for the duration of the season? We could easily address our permanent back up pg situation on draft night (I realize we don't have a pick, but there are ways to get a pick or draft night trade etc..) or in the summer. Telfair just doesn't seem like a player really worth talking about or going to any difficulty to pick up.

Comment

I'm all good with that trade but MAN are we really gonna stick with BARGS!?!?!!?!?

Comment

Give up a second rounder for a couple month's of Telfair? Brutal. I'd rather keep it or send it to LA for Darius Morris, who at least has some long-term potential. If we're making short-term desperation moves for a playoff run, how about another serviceable big, at least?

Comment

i was ripping on JL3 but as of late ive been impressed. i dont think we need telfair.

Comment

Worst. Trade. Deadline. Ever. Jokes.

The 2nd rd pick better be top 55 protected.

Comment

This is going to turn out to be one of the most anti-climatic dead lines...

If Bargs is still on this team, and all we do is acquire Telfair, Im going to be upset.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          This is going to turn out to be one of the most anti-climatic dead lines...

If Bargs is still on this team, and all we do is acquire Telfair, Im going to be upset.
                          Yup. F*ck the 3rd year option.

*disclaimer: I am pretty pissed off right now*

Comment

Been watching my twitter feed, waiting for something to happen. This trade deadline sucks, cmon BC

Comment

shouldve grabbed Boozer when we had the chance.....
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                Couldn't we just waive Hadidi, keep our second rounder and pick up a back up pg from the d-league for the duration of the season? We could easily address our permanent back up pg situation on draft night (I realize we don't have a pick, but there are ways to get a pick or draft night trade etc..) or in the summer. Telfair just doesn't seem like a player really worth talking about or going to any difficulty to pick up.
                                Telfair is expiring, not bad, plus Telfair is better than most other D-League back-ups, and brings experience for the rest of the season. Two things Casey wanted to address out of 3. We still need an inside presence.

Comment

Working...
                                X