X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor-Utah

This trade has been in the rumors but check it

Toronto will get: Paul Millsap a post presence

Utah:Will get rid of that logjam at the PF position while making the salaries exchanged be close to matching

I say BC make this move. Its our only option and if, Al jefferson doesn't resign with us, so be it Bargnani's time in T.O seems like it's coming to an end. Close the door now getting some value back

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=b69ah8u
    Last edited by Reyaz123; Tue Feb 19, 2013, 11:22 PM.

Basically Utah lowers their talent level in order to get rid of a logjam at PF (by getting a PF back..?) and to take on two ridiculous contracts which are both 2 years longer than the single contract they are trading away?

I wouldnt be shocked if they throw in a draft pick as well for good measure......
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Most likely with the pressure being on Utah to trade Jefferson, the possibilities that teams are willing to give up equivalent talent to take on a contract with only 1 yr remaining on it, with the chance of Jefferson not resigning in the offseason are slim.

Utah would likely have to take less talent to move forward because in their case, it doesn't appear they have any good deals on the table to improve their team too much from trading a 1yr term player.

It's high risk high reward for both sides and a draft pick would be a good idea as well.

Comment

i was being sarcastic.

Utah has no incentive to take on two 3 year contracts, and are doing NOTHING about their PF glut by taking on Bargnani.

In all honesty, Utah's GM would have to be coming off a week of chasing the dragon before agreeing to any similar trade.

Comment

This trade is heavily in Toronto's favour. They get rid of two big contracts for two expiring ones. Realistic deals would be Millsap for Fields and a future 1st rounder or Jefferson for Bargnani and a future 1st rounder. Haven't checked if they(trades) work but just to give a fair idea of what Utah would be looking for IMO.
          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
            This trade is heavily in Toronto's favour. They get rid of two big contracts for two expiring ones. Realistic deals would be Millsap for Fields and a future 1st rounder or Jefferson for Bargnani and a future 1st rounder. Haven't checked if they(trades) work but just to give a fair idea of what Utah would be looking for IMO.
            Am I really the only sane one on this board...

Comment

Hahahahahahahaha, I love you guys. Your batsh@t crazy trade ideas make Colangelo look like a magician. Keep it up!
              i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

Reyaz123 wrote: View Post
                This trade has been in the rumors but check it

Toronto will get: Paul Millsap a post presence

Utah:Will get rid of that logjam at the PF position while making the salaries exchanged be close to matching

I say BC make this move. Its our only option and if, Al jefferson doesn't resign with us, so be it Bargnani's time in T.O seems like it's coming to an end. Close the door now getting some value back

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=b69ah8u
                Even ESPN's trade machine thinks this is a one-sided deal (+6 Wins for Toronto and -7 wins for Utah).

Comment

The Raptors can't offer any 1st rounders until OKC gets the pick from the Lowry trade.

Comment

pillowmint wrote: View Post
                    Hahahahahahahaha, I love you guys. Your batsh@t crazy trade ideas make Colangelo look like a magician. Keep it up!
                    LOL agree! We can't just come up with trade scenarios hoping to dump all our garbage to Utah for one of Millsap or Jefferson. the only way we can do a straight up trade with Utah is if we include Demar in the package. But then again, we might also need to include a 1st rounder so please stop with all this trade to Utah scenarios.

Comment

JStockton wrote: View Post
                      The Raptors can't offer any 1st rounders until OKC gets the pick from the Lowry trade.
                      Thanks. I was aware that no team could use a Raptor 1st round pick until OKC uses theirs. I didn't know that future 1st rounders could not even be offered. Thanks again.
                      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Thanks. I was aware that no team could use a Raptor 1st round pick until OKC uses theirs. I didn't know that future 1st rounders could not even be offered. Thanks again.
                        You are welcome sir.

Comment

Working...
                        X