Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2012's 5th Overall Pick, Thomas Robinson, traded to the Houston Rockets

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    That team would go no where but the lottery. Tyreke Evans is a bad defender and he can't defend the 3 spot, and Cousins is still questionable. Tyreke has been pretty bad after he won rookie of the year, he makes stupid decisions and he has not lived up to his potential at all
    Yeah.. It's really sad. Tyreke Evans has regressed, and becoming nothing but a role player now.. Cousins is still immature, and can't seem to get a hold of how to act like a professional on the court. Marcus Thornton is a scorer, who's sub-par defensively, and their core is quite unstable. Patrick Patterson is a good addition along side of Cousins though, but their only bright spots now remain with Isaiah Thomas, Cousins and Patterson. Fredette is not an NBA calibre player.

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Yeah.. It's really sad. Tyreke Evans has regressed, and becoming nothing but a role player now.. Cousins is still immature, and can't seem to get a hold of how to act like a professional on the court. Marcus Thornton is a scorer, who's sub-par defensively, and their core is quite unstable. Patrick Patterson is a good addition along side of Cousins though, but their only bright spots now remain with Isaiah Thomas, Cousins and Patterson. Fredette is not an NBA calibre player.
    ahah how dare you say that about jimmer!

i think Ty's regression and Cuz's immaturity have a lot to do with the coaching staff and front office staff. like it or not, that does have a MAJOR impact on player development. Those guys, to me, seem like they're playing in exile, they dont look like they want to be there and the Kings franchise is on an ugly downward spiral. Look at Rajon Rondo. He was picked 21st overall. Do you think he would be as good as he is now, and be among the league leaders without a great supporting core with KG, Pierce, allen, etc? Im not taking anything away from rondo, he is certainly a talented player, but put him in charlotte or washington with no weapons or pieces to pass to and no Doc Rivers, who is well known to get the best out of his players, you think he'd be as far along in his career as he is now? I dont
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

The Kings have a high lottery pick coming their way in June. Marcus Smart would be the perfect fit. McLemore and Oladipo would improve the talent level in a major way also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    ahah how dare you say that about jimmer!

i think Ty's regression and Cuz's immaturity have a lot to do with the coaching staff and front office staff. like it or not, that does have a MAJOR impact on player development. Those guys, to me, seem like they're playing in exile, they dont look like they want to be there and the Kings franchise is on an ugly downward spiral. Look at Rajon Rondo. He was picked 21st overall. Do you think he would be as good as he is now, and be among the league leaders without a great supporting core with KG, Pierce, allen, etc? Im not taking anything away from rondo, he is certainly a talented player, but put him in charlotte or washington with no weapons or pieces to pass to and no Doc Rivers, who is well known to get the best out of his players, you think he'd be as far along in his career as he is now? I dont
    Oh no, I totally agree, but the players at some point have to take an initiative - especially because they're being relied on AS THE GUYS - to want to take over as the franchise's bests. If these guys played hard every night, and carry themselves as professionals - which they don't do consistently - how can they develop? Yes, I think veteran leadership and significant, established talent is very, very important, and a coaching staff who is accountable but not strict beyond unreasoning is key. But, it's all on them, the coaches aren't the players, the veterans aren't the players.

It's seriously got to be THEIR mindset to want to be great. Rondo has that, while he is very much a head-case at times, it's all because he wants to be the best. Cousins is just extremely immature, and is a selfish character.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information