2012's 5th Overall Pick, Thomas Robinson, traded to the Houston Rockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Sacramento is sold, so, who really cares? Or am I wrong?
    Pretty much lol

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
      Of all the trade rumors that we've heard in the last month due to the trade deadline, this is probably one of the last trade I would have expected. According to RealGM, the Kings will receive Patrick Patterson, Cole Aldrich and Toney Douglas while the Houston Rockets will acquire Thomas Robinson, Francisco Garcia, Tyler Honeycutt and 2nd round pick. During the summer, Daryl Morey was an absolute joke of a GM that basically destroyed his roster to get Howard, but now, he looks like a pretty good GM! First, trading for an all-star in Harden. Now he's acquired the 5th overall pick in a stacked draft. Thomas Robinson might have been a tough season as a rookie, but he still has tons of potential to be pretty good in this league. A future lineup of Lin, Harden, Parsons, Robinson, and Asik looks pretty good in the future. As for the Kings, who the hell is running their front office? IMO, I would never trade a player with such big potential for role players. Anyways, there are also things I don't understand about this trade. Firstly, why the hell would you include a 2nd round pick. This just shows how desperate the Kings' franchise is! Not to mention showing how disorganized the franchise is. Secondly, why the hell would you want these players? Aldrich is a center that can't really play defense. At most, a 2nd string center in the NBA. Patrick Paterson is an undersided PF who can shoot threes. Toney Douglas is a scoring PG who just shucks shots. You have enough points guards in Brooks, Thomas, and Fredette. Are they the new Minnesota Timberwolves? All jokes aside, as of now, it looks like the Rockets just complete fleeced the Kings. The whole trade depends on how well Robinson and Patterson develops. To be honest, as a Raptors fan, I wonder if we could have done anything to get Thomas Robinson with a trade involving Bargnani. With Patterson, you don't know what you are going to get. He's got potential too but it's not complete developed. Bargnani needs a new change in scenery and can give you 20PPG and 4RPG in a good season. There is no guarantee that Patterson can give you same offense. Anyways, a Cousins and Bargnani is pretty interesting. I wouldn't mind having Robinson on this team. He's young, has major potential, he has a motor and can rebound. IMO, the Kings gave up on Robinson way too early! Thoughts?

Thomas Robinson will one day be an elite PF in the NBA. mark my words. He's hit his rookie wall, as many are prone to do. AND he was playing for a terrible and terribly run franchise in the Kings and in 4-5 years he will have shown drastic improvement. He may not even be elite (just saying that to make a statement), be he will for sure be a force to be reckoned with. Had the Kings changed their coaching (Mike Woodson, perhaps) and let their core developed and grown together as a team in a warm and welcoming environment, the 2015-16 kings would be scary

PG: Marcus Smart (acquired in 2013 draft)
      SG: Marcus Thornton (probably be among league's best spot up 3-PT shooters)
      SF: Tyreke Evans (easily be in the top ten for scoring and defense)
      PF: Thomas Robinson (along with a bruising DeMarcus Cousins, could (have) become a Bad Boys version of the Twin Towers)
      C: DeMarcus Cousins (easily puts the team over the league average ammount of ""Marcus's in the starting lineup". Also, see above.)
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

That team would go no where but the lottery. Tyreke Evans is a bad defender and he can't defend the 3 spot, and Cousins is still questionable. Tyreke has been pretty bad after he won rookie of the year, he makes stupid decisions and he has not lived up to his potential at all

Comment

Weird .. and now the Kings have waived Aaron Brooks .. what the hell is going on with this team?!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Weird .. and now the Kings have waived Aaron Brooks .. what the hell is going on with this team?!
            I think Brooksy would've been a better pick-up for the Raps than Telfair. However, he probably had beef with Lowry (since the Houston days) so that it didn't go through.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              That team would go no where but the lottery. Tyreke Evans is a bad defender and he can't defend the 3 spot, and Cousins is still questionable. Tyreke has been pretty bad after he won rookie of the year, he makes stupid decisions and he has not lived up to his potential at all
              Yeah.. It's really sad. Tyreke Evans has regressed, and becoming nothing but a role player now.. Cousins is still immature, and can't seem to get a hold of how to act like a professional on the court. Marcus Thornton is a scorer, who's sub-par defensively, and their core is quite unstable. Patrick Patterson is a good addition along side of Cousins though, but their only bright spots now remain with Isaiah Thomas, Cousins and Patterson. Fredette is not an NBA calibre player.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                Yeah.. It's really sad. Tyreke Evans has regressed, and becoming nothing but a role player now.. Cousins is still immature, and can't seem to get a hold of how to act like a professional on the court. Marcus Thornton is a scorer, who's sub-par defensively, and their core is quite unstable. Patrick Patterson is a good addition along side of Cousins though, but their only bright spots now remain with Isaiah Thomas, Cousins and Patterson. Fredette is not an NBA calibre player.
                ahah how dare you say that about jimmer!

i think Ty's regression and Cuz's immaturity have a lot to do with the coaching staff and front office staff. like it or not, that does have a MAJOR impact on player development. Those guys, to me, seem like they're playing in exile, they dont look like they want to be there and the Kings franchise is on an ugly downward spiral. Look at Rajon Rondo. He was picked 21st overall. Do you think he would be as good as he is now, and be among the league leaders without a great supporting core with KG, Pierce, allen, etc? Im not taking anything away from rondo, he is certainly a talented player, but put him in charlotte or washington with no weapons or pieces to pass to and no Doc Rivers, who is well known to get the best out of his players, you think he'd be as far along in his career as he is now? I dont
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

The Kings have a high lottery pick coming their way in June. Marcus Smart would be the perfect fit. McLemore and Oladipo would improve the talent level in a major way also.

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                    ahah how dare you say that about jimmer!

i think Ty's regression and Cuz's immaturity have a lot to do with the coaching staff and front office staff. like it or not, that does have a MAJOR impact on player development. Those guys, to me, seem like they're playing in exile, they dont look like they want to be there and the Kings franchise is on an ugly downward spiral. Look at Rajon Rondo. He was picked 21st overall. Do you think he would be as good as he is now, and be among the league leaders without a great supporting core with KG, Pierce, allen, etc? Im not taking anything away from rondo, he is certainly a talented player, but put him in charlotte or washington with no weapons or pieces to pass to and no Doc Rivers, who is well known to get the best out of his players, you think he'd be as far along in his career as he is now? I dont
                    Oh no, I totally agree, but the players at some point have to take an initiative - especially because they're being relied on AS THE GUYS - to want to take over as the franchise's bests. If these guys played hard every night, and carry themselves as professionals - which they don't do consistently - how can they develop? Yes, I think veteran leadership and significant, established talent is very, very important, and a coaching staff who is accountable but not strict beyond unreasoning is key. But, it's all on them, the coaches aren't the players, the veterans aren't the players.

It's seriously got to be THEIR mindset to want to be great. Rondo has that, while he is very much a head-case at times, it's all because he wants to be the best. Cousins is just extremely immature, and is a selfish character.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                    X