Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: From rumor to deal: Telfair to Toronto for Haddadi

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Rookie Checkines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy with the trade, adds some depth and acquired a veteran who knows his role now. Would have liked to acquire some depth up front but oh well

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of you are overlooking the team chemistry part. Bassy works out with Rudy and Kyle during the offseason in Las Vegas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    this is more like gortat highlight reel

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i saw Telfair playing with double A battery during the lockout. The impact league i believe
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

he is a very willing passer tho. So thats good
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Lucas > Telfair
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Lucas > Telfair
    Lucas is an undersized SG. Telfair is hands down a better PG than Lucas

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Deadallus wrote: View Post
    If the Raps trade for Telfair I may just look for another team to support because that indicates they either a) don't know what they are doing, b) don't care about winning. I take that all back if they get rid of a crappy contract (Kleiza) for him.
    What's up?
    #FREE

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Not sure how anyone can care about this deal. You trade a guy who you had no intention of playing with a guaranteed deal for next year for a short term expiring who fills a need in case of injury this year. I don't understand why people care about the second round pick. Every year there are a dozen of these available. If Toronto really needs another Quincy Acy to hug guys before the game and waive towels (e.g. Quincy Acy's arm gets sore or he's all hugged out) they can buy one for cash....
    +1

Raptors Republic Rookie GoldenBaller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't see why everyone hates on Telfair, we basically got him for nothing and everyone is still complaining? We needed another fricken PG people. Telfair in my opinion is a decent back up point guard behind Lowry or if either Lowry or JLIII get's hurt we have a reliable insurance. Who else did you expect us to get? Westbrook? Rondo? Paul? Irving? Sounds like something "tenforthewin" would say.

Post Thanks / Like

Telfair is a really solid pick-up. Like NoProps said, a better point guard than Lucas, and a willing passer.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Not sure how anyone can care about this deal. You trade a guy who you had no intention of playing with a guaranteed deal for next year for a short term expiring who fills a need in case of injury this year. I don't understand why people care about the second round pick. Every year there are a dozen of these available. If Toronto really needs another Quincy Acy to hug guys before the game and waive towels (e.g. Quincy Acy's arm gets sore or he's all hugged out) they can buy one for cash....
    Lol +1

Raptors Republic Starter tonious35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I unfortunately must say, whenever Telfair touches a team, they do not make the playoffs. The exception to the matter is Lebron's final year in Cleveland in 2009-2010 season.

Too bad Bargnani tanked his value because he is too lazy to pack his bags and move out of Toronto. If he plays better for these remaining games, we are still going to boo him because he will make himself look like he did tank his performance to stay in Toronto. If he still plays bad and potentially kills our playoff run, we are going to "Alex Rios" him in the off season and get nothing for him.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Telfair should have went to college, maybe if he would have honed his skills for 3-4 years in college he would be a good point guard today.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Telfair will be fine I mean theres only so many jobs in the NBA he will be a fine back up and his playstyle is aggressive but passes first will probably really benefit Ross where unless he plays with Lowry or Calderon he is essentially just there. Pretty sure Casey will be playing Telfair as point and Lucas off the ball as a scorer or if Lucas happens to be laying eggs just make Telfair take over in the long run Telfair will be the favorable though not long term back up PG.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

marbury's cousin

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Lucas > Telfair
    Your nuts. If you look at it as Jose for Telfair....(and i'm a big Jose fan) to me it is a good trade. That's how i'm going to look at it. Besides if gives you the option of a "classic" PG or a "scoring" PG off the bench. Jose PROVED with a pass first PG we can win.
    I think it will help. Not a big deal, but Telfair will help.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lucas > Telfair
    That is yet to be seen.... however when Lucas plays, he seems to be only effective pg when he hits those 3 pointers. If he doesn't his passing and defence become a liability and the other team always comes back to erase their deficit.

Thread Information