From rumor to deal: Telfair to Toronto for Haddadi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    Not sure how anyone can care about this deal. You trade a guy who you had no intention of playing with a guaranteed deal for next year for a short term expiring who fills a need in case of injury this year. I don't understand why people care about the second round pick. Every year there are a dozen of these available. If Toronto really needs another Quincy Acy to hug guys before the game and waive towels (e.g. Quincy Acy's arm gets sore or he's all hugged out) they can buy one for cash....
    +1

Comment

I just don't see why everyone hates on Telfair, we basically got him for nothing and everyone is still complaining? We needed another fricken PG people. Telfair in my opinion is a decent back up point guard behind Lowry or if either Lowry or JLIII get's hurt we have a reliable insurance. Who else did you expect us to get? Westbrook? Rondo? Paul? Irving? Sounds like something "tenforthewin" would say.
      A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

Telfair is a really solid pick-up. Like NoProps said, a better point guard than Lucas, and a willing passer.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          Not sure how anyone can care about this deal. You trade a guy who you had no intention of playing with a guaranteed deal for next year for a short term expiring who fills a need in case of injury this year. I don't understand why people care about the second round pick. Every year there are a dozen of these available. If Toronto really needs another Quincy Acy to hug guys before the game and waive towels (e.g. Quincy Acy's arm gets sore or he's all hugged out) they can buy one for cash....
          Lol +1

Comment

I unfortunately must say, whenever Telfair touches a team, they do not make the playoffs. The exception to the matter is Lebron's final year in Cleveland in 2009-2010 season.

Too bad Bargnani tanked his value because he is too lazy to pack his bags and move out of Toronto. If he plays better for these remaining games, we are still going to boo him because he will make himself look like he did tank his performance to stay in Toronto. If he still plays bad and potentially kills our playoff run, we are going to "Alex Rios" him in the off season and get nothing for him.

Comment

Telfair should have went to college, maybe if he would have honed his skills for 3-4 years in college he would be a good point guard today.

Comment

I think Telfair will be fine I mean theres only so many jobs in the NBA he will be a fine back up and his playstyle is aggressive but passes first will probably really benefit Ross where unless he plays with Lowry or Calderon he is essentially just there. Pretty sure Casey will be playing Telfair as point and Lucas off the ball as a scorer or if Lucas happens to be laying eggs just make Telfair take over in the long run Telfair will be the favorable though not long term back up PG.

Comment

marbury's cousin

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    Lucas > Telfair
                    Your nuts. If you look at it as Jose for Telfair....(and i'm a big Jose fan) to me it is a good trade. That's how i'm going to look at it. Besides if gives you the option of a "classic" PG or a "scoring" PG off the bench. Jose PROVED with a pass first PG we can win.
                    I think it will help. Not a big deal, but Telfair will help.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      Lucas > Telfair
                      That is yet to be seen.... however when Lucas plays, he seems to be only effective pg when he hits those 3 pointers. If he doesn't his passing and defence become a liability and the other team always comes back to erase their deficit.

Comment

• From what I heard hes a better defender, better play maker, better ball handler. Lucas shoos and has an all round better offense but I dont think thats what we need from our point off the bench, Telfair can make Ross better, Bargnani better and anyone else he plays beside with his dishes. Nothing against Lucas but watch them probably play together so Lucas ends up just being a scorer.

Comment

• I think its good that we got a pg that has a little more size than jl lll simply because that there are teams that have big pg around the league. If he decides to walk in the offseason then toronto can go and try to sign somebody else.

Comment

• I feel like T Ross will suffer most from from this acquisition. Especially if John Lucas keeps shooting the way he is. I could see Casey going to the two PG line up. With Lucas off ball. AA has already established his role in the rotation.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              I feel like T Ross will suffer most from from this acquisition. Especially if John Lucas keeps shooting the way he is. I could see Casey going to the two PG line up. With Lucas off ball. AA has already established his role in the rotation.
                              Agree. I hope TRoss has a big summer and comes to camp ready to own the 6th man spot.

Comment

• coastal wrote: View Post
                                Agree. I hope TRoss has a big summer and comes to camp ready to own the 6th man spot.
                                We'll know how hard of a worker he is. I didn't hear or read anything about him being a gym-rat in college, but, there's probably no question he is.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X