No announcement yet.

From rumor to deal: Telfair to Toronto for Haddadi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could we have picked up Tony Wroten Jr. for cheap on draft day? I'm wondering if we can pry him away from his team.

Comment

Ridnour > Eric Maynor post ACL, and Telfair. Although, Maynor would be nice regardless.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
        Didn't hurt LeBron....
        or Kate Upton on the Swimsuit Edition

I wouldn't mind having either one of them on the team.
        A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

If the Raps trade for Telfair I may just look for another team to support because that indicates they either a) don't know what they are doing, b) don't care about winning. I take that all back if they get rid of a crappy contract (Kleiza) for him.
          Deadallus

Comment

Getting Telfair would just be insurance for if Lowry gets hurt.

Comment

Deadallus wrote: View Post
              If the Raps trade for Telfair I may just look for another team to support because that indicates they either a) don't know what they are doing, b) don't care about winning. I take that all back if they get rid of a crappy contract (Kleiza) for him.
              stretch wrote: View Post
              Getting Telfair would just be insurance for if Lowry gets hurt.
              Exactly. A Haddadi-Telfair trade, simply to provide added backup PG depth/insurance for half a season, is hardly an earth-shattering deal.

Unfortunately, I see this type of deal as being far more plausable than one to acquire a next-tier PG like Ridnour or Maynor, unless Minny/OKC develop a sudden affection (or would it be affliction?) for Kleiza & a 2nd round pick...

Comment

Telfair's really cleaned up his life/game in the past couple years. I remember watching a couple suns games amazed at how much better he is.

Edit: "better" than god awful keep that in mind
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  Telfair - I was thinking a straight-up Haddadi-Telfair trade (Telfair is expiring, Haddadi is non-gauaranteed in 2013-14) works in the Trade Machine, to be a simple trade to help both clubs.
                  This is what the Raps should do.

Comment

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ns-For-Telfair

And

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/02/r...ur-maynor.html
                    Last edited by wallz; Tue Feb 19, 2013, 10:55 PM.

Comment

We may lose Quincy Acy. I just have this feeling he will be in some package at some point.

Comment

We should trade for that lucas guy, he was pretty good for chicago.
                        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Here's an idea:

Kleiza + Lucas for Collison + Maynor
                          http://basketball.realgm.com/tradech..._trade/6245184

It gives us a bigger, younger point guard in Maynor and a backup big man in Collison who's tough veteran competitor. OKC gets an experienced guard who can make shots, and a 'power wing' in Kleiza which adds flexibility to their lineups.

Comment

There was also this other infamous guard from NYC and a cousin to Telfair.....Stephon Marbury. Do we really want to mess with those genes? ....just kidding of course but his reputation precedes him....havent seen him lately I admit....could be another Green who has cleaned up his act.

Comment

Just go for telfair. We need a bigger pg behind Lowry, a 6-2 or 6-3 guy. We're only renting him for the rest of the season and then we let him go and find someone else. It's not a big problem

Comment

Well we got 1 more day until 3pm tomorrow make something happen BC get us Ridnour! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X