From rumor to deal: Telfair to Toronto for Haddadi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    There was also this other infamous guard from NYC and a cousin to Telfair.....Stephon Marbury. Do we really want to mess with those genes? ....just kidding of course but his reputation precedes him....havent seen him lately I admit....could be another Green who has cleaned up his act.
    stephon plays here in china and does well. he plays against people much worse then him mostly. on switches he really fucks with the bigs of the cba.
    Last edited by Miekenstien; Thu Feb 21, 2013, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Ridnour is a poor man's Jose Calderon and I'm not sure I could take watching him stumble around on the defensive end.

My vote considering money and the balance between offense and defense would be taking a flyer on a young guard like Joseph or even signing someone like Jonny Flynn, an undrafted rookie (Scott Machado, etc). The guy is just insurance in case of Lowry going down and John Lucas really stinking up the place.

Random Trade opinion - We should move Alan Anderson for a prospect or a late 1st or 2nd rounder etc while he's hot (a la Ed Davis) since he has no place on this roster given the multitude of swing-men under contract - Gay, Derozan, Ross, Fields, Kleiza, Pietrus (FA). Plus this would open up some time to Ross and Fields/Kleiza who should have no problem filling his production (don't be fooled by his hot 4th quarter - he's a bit of a gunner on a team with multiple better swingmen scorers).
      When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

I rather have Lucas backing up Lowry than Telfair. Ridnour would be awesome though.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Looks like Telfair for Haddidi and a 2nd rounder.... Apparently he is good defensively?
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
            Looks like Telfair for Haddidi and a 2nd rounder.... Apparently he is good defensively?
            Good is a stretch. Solid is better suited. Defense reminds me of Bayless', without the fouling.

#TRADEBARGNANI for fuck sakes.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              Good is a stretch. Solid is better suited. Defense reminds me of Bayless', without the fouling.

#TRADEBARGNANI for fuck sakes.
              Then he should be able to hold the fort for 10 minutes a night right? He doesnt play much but

Alex Kennedy
              @AlexKennedyNBASebastian Telfair to TOR makes sense. He's close with Kyle Lowry, Rudy Gay and Alan Anderson. They train together every summer in Las Vegas.
              looks like further Chemistry coming in...

Comment

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard

Sebastian Telfair to Toronto For Hamed Haddadi deal done, source says

Comment

Welcome to the Raptors; Sebastian Telfair

Deal is being finalized.. Thoughts?

Comment

Deal Done: Telfair to Toronto

According to Chris Broussard from ESPN the deal is complete:

@Chris_Broussard
                    Sebastian Telfair to Toronto For Hamed Haddadi deal done, source says
                    Source - Click here

Comment

Championship?

Comment

Dynasty?

Comment

Marginal deal at best. Just taking the ball out of JL3's hands before he hoists up another shot

Comment

Any word on the protection of the pick.

Comment

Wish it was Ridnour...

Maybe this means JL III being traded!! Maybe it doesnt.... probably the latter...

Comment

We lost nothing and gained something.... its a bubble in the water at most..

Comment

Working...
                                X