Thread: franchise outlook discussion

Threaded View

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I really like Landry and think he would be a good fit as a short-term solution.

Even if we do move Bargnani, what are we going to get in return? Surely no team is going to give up the rugged interior player who can score on the blocks for Bargnani. Any deal for Bargnani wont likely solve our PF problem, which means Amir + what-ever stop gap solution we can find. A cheap option like soon to be waived Hakim Warrick might be realistic but not exactly inspiring. Until we have a first round pick again, we might be stuck with Amir/Bargnani.
    Don't know. I agree with you about the PF aspect...it's probably 99% sure that Bargs won't return a PF (interior scoring or not) of good value in a trade. Hence why I would've been ok with "garbage" trades where instead of trying to land a player who's a problem for another team that will hopefully work out (Boozer, Gordon, etc), just get some assorted pieces....For example, going into the summer, things change a bit maybe even with offers that were already out there. Maybe Bryan didn't care for Philly's Hawes package because they wouldn't throw enough extra in....well Philly will have capspace this summer, so maybe instead of taking back things BC doesn't want, Philly could just offer Hawes + cash (becomes a tpe) + 1st rd pick in this year's draft (if Philly doesn't plan on keeping their pick). I would take that....I have no clue how realistic it is and I'm just talking out of my ass...but I'd take it.

*not even sure if Philly would have the space...they should have enough expiring deals with Bynum needing a new contract, but logistics of the offseason with capholds and crap like that always confuse me
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Feb 22nd, 2013 at 11:47 AM.

Thread Information