franchise outlook discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halifax Raps Fan wrote: View Post
    Can't say I agree with your assessment of Demar. I think he has improved dramatically in these areas. In regards to Bargnani, I think they have to figure out how to use him. He is not made for run and gun, he needs a set offence. As the sixth man, he would do well if they would post him in the middle. For whatever reason, they don't. Make no mistake, the coach has said tiome and again that AB creates spacing by being on the perimeter...I just don't think this works!
    how many possessions out of 100 do we run n gun? we play half court the majority of the time.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      The current situation is exactly why if the rumours were true and Boozer/Nate were on the table for Bargnani/JL3, they should have pulled that trigger.

Boozer wasn't ideal but he was at least productive and fit 2 very sore areas of need: low post scoring and rebounding.

The Raptors are now stuck with not only an immovable contract in Bargnani but an unproductive one. I'd have much rather an immovable contract in Boozer who at least produces.

By taking on Boozer, the Raps immediately would have become much better and could compete for a second round appearance while JV and Ross develop.

What a sad state of affairs.
      I'm not going to pretend the Gay trade hasn't far exceeded my expectations, but it's also why I desperately wanted to trade Bargnani before adding pieces like that. This was the exact type of situation I was afraid of...where we'd be stuck hoping Bargnani miraculously (seriously, can we get a little divine intervention here?) plays better to increase his value rather than a) just swallowing a Boozer deal for the next couple of years, or b) swallowing your pride and just doing an addition by subtraction trade that turns Bargs into easier assets to manage. One is a bball trade, the other a finance/flexibility trade. There's no reason any smaller contract(s) taken back couldn't be useful in summer transactions. This team as constructed is going to depend A LOT on internal development, and a lot of that coming from JV to shore up the front (which is a given to me, I'm just not sure on his timeline).

Comment

The current situation is exactly why if the rumours were true and Boozer/Nate were on the table for Bargnani/JL3, they should have pulled that trigger.

Boozer wasn't ideal but he was at least productive and fit 2 very sore areas of need: low post scoring and rebounding.

The Raptors are now stuck with not only an immovable contract in Bargnani but an unproductive one. I'd have much rather an immovable contract in Boozer who at least produces.

By taking on Boozer, the Raps immediately would have become much better and could compete for a second round appearance while JV and Ross develop.

What a sad state of affairs.
        +1

My thoughts exactly....at least you know what your going to get from Boozer every night. 16 ppg and 9-10 rpg. Bargnani gives you 16 ppg (he used to) and 4 rpg. You cant get better value than Boozer IMO.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          I'm not going to pretend the Gay trade hasn't far exceeded my expectations, but it's also why I desperately wanted to trade Bargnani before adding pieces like that. This was the exact type of situation I was afraid of...where we'd be stuck hoping Bargnani miraculously (seriously, can we get a little divine intervention here?) plays better to increase his value rather than a) just swallowing a Boozer deal for the next couple of years, or b) swallowing your pride and just doing an addition by subtraction trade that turns Bargs into easier assets to manage. One is a bball trade, the other a finance/flexibility trade. There's no reason any smaller contract(s) taken back couldn't be useful in summer transactions. This team as constructed is going to depend A LOT on internal development, and a lot of that coming from JV to shore up the front (which is a given to me, I'm just not sure on his timeline).
          this is worrisome, player development is not a sure thing, but it also means there is still a chance.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
            +1

My thoughts exactly....at least you know what your going to get from Boozer every night. 16 ppg and 9-10 rpg. Bargnani gives you 16 ppg (he used to) and 4 rpg. You cant get better value than Boozer IMO.
            Maybe they think the deal will be there again this summer and they want to get the pick obligation over with?

Not sure.

Talking out of my ass here.

Comment

Maybe they think the deal will be there again this summer and they want to get the pick obligation over with?

Not sure.

I hope your right.....

However, I do know that Boozer >>> Bargnani. As someone posted earlier... Lowry, Demar Derozan, Rudy Gay, Boozer, Amir/JV would've been a pretty DARN good starting unit. Sigh

Comment

Not sure.

Sounds like BC's roster plan.

If the Boozer deal is there in the off-season, then I think you have to take it for the reasons mentioned above; but I wonder if Chicago wont have better options by then. Another year shaved off the deal, more picks and prospects in play, the Bulls might be able to do better than Bargnani, especially for teams that miss out on signing Millsap or Josh Smith.

Player development hasn't been the best in our history.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Halifax Raps Fan wrote: View Post
                  I gotta' ask...I am on this site a fair bit (although I don't always sign in) and am wondering when I stop being a rookie (lol)?
                  LOL I feel your pain dude.... I've been on this site for a long time as well (mostly while at work so i didnt really have a chance to post anything). I've almost doubled your posts and i'm still a rookie lol

Comment

Working...
                  X