Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: GT Knickerbockers vs Raptors: Avoid The Grudge

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rudy Gay looks so dis-interested.

Raptors Republic All-Star mike, prague's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The players that ever deserve to be booed are those that directly betrayed their team directly. Bags is not one of them.
    Last edited by mike, prague; Fri Feb 22nd, 2013 at 08:20 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
    fans dont want andrea here, management has been ridiculous on this issue, get him out of here already

I have no loyalty to a player that has no respect for himself, i don't give a shit about your depression, go fight the goddamn lion, or perish you are not a baby, fans should not have to feel sorry for players, enough already
    Colangelo's already made it clear he's going to be moved. If he plays well, we get more back. Players do not play better when they get booed.

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously. Is no one even questioning how soft and how bad the composure of Rudy Gay is? Goodness gracious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Rudy Gay looks so dis-interested.
    Story of his career, all the way back to UConn.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Andrea starts knocking down shots and tries on the boards he wouldn't hear boos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Story of his career, all the way back to UConn.
    If this is happening on this team though, Casey clearly isn't doing his job holding this guy accountable.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Andrea actually moved his feet on rotations would I stop hating him.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Superstar BasketballCrush's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Colangelo's already made it clear he's going to be moved. If he plays well, we get more back. Players do not play better when they get booed.
    many do, in fact there is a reason they don't get booed... you want to change the fans, so that we can raise his value??? So that a professional feels more comfortable doing his job well? This is the pros dude, if boos are getting to your game, you are in the wrong field.

If anything this tells me we need to get this bum off the team. What do you think a TRUE competitor would do in his shoes?

Post Thanks / Like

If this is happening on this team though, Casey clearly isn't doing his job holding this guy accountable.
    It just seems to be the way the dude is...and what can Casey actually do, bench him?

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In the workplace, how will your production be if you are constantly getting threatened you will be fired? The only thing this guy did wrong that directly relates to the team is saying "we are the worst team in the league" and at the time,it was true.

Yeah, this season has been a complete bust but he did not publicly ask for a trade and he didn't bash the team in public. I agree that he should be trade moving forward but what good does it do booing him now? Hes going to be here the rest of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

It just seems to be the way the dude is...and what can Casey actually do, bench him?
    Yeah. He's done it to Demar and Andrea in the past. Chew at him or something. `

Post Thanks / Like

many do, in fact there is a reason they don't get booed... you want to change the fans, so that we can raise his value??? So that a professional feels more comfortable doing his job well? This is the pros dude, if boos are getting to your game, you are in the wrong field.
    In all my years of watching sports, I've never seen a player get better when's he chronically booed. I don't mean just one game or one play here or there, I mean getting booed every time he comes in, leaves, does something neutral (not even bad, just neutral). It doesn't work.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. He's done it to Demar and Andrea in the past. Chew at him or something. `
    But when he's only ten games into his raps career? I just don't think it can happen at this point...

Post Thanks / Like

In all my years of watching sports, I've never seen a player get better when's he chronically booed. I don't mean just one game or one play here or there, I mean getting booed every time he comes in, leaves, does something neutral (not even bad, just neutral). It doesn't work.
    It is the reality of PRO leagues everywhere, if you are bad at your job you get booed. Its true in hockey, soccer, and basketball.

Players play good, because they do not want to disapoint or draw the boos... if the boos are consistent, it usually means the player does not belong in the league. Andrea may not belong in this league, nothing screams bust more than a player who cant overcome the crowd booing him. Who would want a player like that?

A competitive player that is a keeper, would shut the crowd up, by playing well, and be interested in the game. (This is why you don't see it, players that get booed this much usually find their way out of the league)
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Fri Feb 22nd, 2013 at 08:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

What do you think a TRUE competitor would do in his shoes?
    And I'm certainly not calling Bargs any kind of competitor. We all know he isn't. I don't like watching him play, and I want him gone, but the booing can only have a negative effect on the franchise in the long term. Which is why it's ridiculous.

I mean, THE TRADE DEADLINE IS OVER. HE CAN'T GET TRADED NOW.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that this is a winnable game. However, the amount of forced shots and predictable ISOs prove otherwise.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

The Knicks feed is great. Least "homer-ish" announcers that i've heard by far

Post Thanks / Like

And I'm certainly not calling Bargs any kind of competitor. We all know he isn't. I don't like watching him play, and I want him gone, but the booing can only have a negative effect on the franchise in the long term. Which is why it's ridiculous.

Again, this is like does the music create the culture, and you can change the culture by changing the music? Question. I am with Zappa and think that music is just a reflection of the culture, not the creator of it.

Maybe its irrational to change an arena of people from reacting to Andrea's poor play, perhaps Andrea is what he is, and sitting on our hands to "trick" some gm into thinking he is something else is not the most realistic option

Every minute of Andrea, paints a portrait of who he is as a player, and we can't hide that. (and I certainly don't think we should coach the team differently to accommodate him, that is what got us to the lottery)
    Last edited by BasketballCrush; Fri Feb 22nd, 2013 at 08:34 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

+1

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information