Jonas at PF.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas at PF.

Can anyone ever see Jonas playing PF and getting a big C to play along side with?

Like Gasol-Bynum?

Just a thought.

Also, what do you think Jonas' best stats in a season will be? What is possible for him to achieve?

One of JV's biggest advantages is his speed at the 5 spot. You completely negate that when you move him to PF, especially with the league moving towards smaller lineups. Some teams, like the Lakers, are able to pull it off because both players are all-star level type guys... That's a big difference between Jonas and [player to be named later].

Comment

what would the point of not playing Jonas at C be?

If he hasn't got where you want him to be as a Centre.... there's a pretty good explanation... he's a ROOKIE.. and despite any freshman hiccups, i'd say he's performed admirably

moving him to the 4 opens up a whole new can of worms.... who's this mythical C that's going to play alongside him? There's only a handful of worthwhile true Cs in the league. Given the Raptors transaction history, what's the likelyhood of getting one of them? Does our track record indicate that we'd be able to get one through free agency? if we trade for one, who would we have to give up, given that decent to good centres are a hot commodity? Are you willing to see Demar or Ross get moved? I'll almost guarantee nobody is giving up a legit C for JL3 and Alan Anderson.

Keep his role what it is.. he'll grow into it and has already shown positive signs there anyways. it's way too early to give him a positional identity crisis

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
        One of JV's biggest advantages is his speed at the 5 spot. You completely negate that when you move him to PF, especially with the league moving towards smaller lineups. Some teams, like the Lakers, are able to pull it off because both players are all-star level type guys... That's a big difference between Jonas and [player to be named later].
        That was the key, plus they had Kobe. Elite perimeter defender and scorer + 2 all-star bigs = success. Raps are missing basically all of those things.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I like Jonas at the C.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

There are a lot of quick, versatile, athletic 4s in the league (Griffin, Aldridge, Lee, Jefferson, Garnett, Ibaka, Stoudamire, etc.).

I love Jonas' energy and hustle, but I think he'd get roasted guarding these guys on a nightly basis.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              There are a lot of quick, versatile, athletic 4s in the league (Griffin, Aldridge, Lee, Jefferson, Garnett, Ibaka, Stoudamire, etc.).

I love Jonas' energy and hustle, but I think he'd get roasted guarding these guys on a nightly basis.
              I agree.

I think Jonas has a good chance to become a better than average starting center but I am not optimistic if he were to play power forward. I think he does not have the lateral quickness to guard quick power forwards.

Comment

Jonas is 7' tall, athletically faster and quicker than all of the other centres in the league. He's only going to be stronger, and I think once he bulks up - even near to the way Ed bulked up - he's going to be a mismatch for a lot of other centres in the future.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Jonas is not a PF. Period. End of discussion.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Jonas is not a PF. Period. End of discussion.
                    +1

Playing Jonas at 4 is ridiculous. Why would you do that? Should we also move Lowry to SF?

Comment

Jonas is the big center you pair Gasol with. He's 21, the lack of bulk is just due to his age, he's going to be a 270 pounder when he's 25. Jonas' biggest advantage is that he's tall and strong enough to bother any center who he guards and he's fast enough that they have trouble. At power forward he would lose his speed.
                      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

It was just a thought, JEEZ.

Comment

JV is only 20 yrs old and once his upper body catches up with his lower half, watch out folks! This comming off season will be huge for him regarding conditioning and working on his skill set and strength. We all kmow for a fact that everybody will be keeping an eye on him come next training camp or at the summer league on how much work he put in on his game and body. Im not saying that he will develop into a monster big but if he can be somewhere like a Tyson Chandler build then we're all set at the 5 spot.

Comment

Jonas at 4th quarter I would buy into, not Jonas at 4.

Comment

Jonas is an old school centre. It's what he plays and what he knows. Having him play another position would be a waste of time trying to acclimate to something he's not naturally inclined towards.

Comment

Working...
                              X