9th Seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

themasao wrote: View Post
    Likewise. Felt the same way about cheering for Brooklyn a few days back.

A playoff push will do weird things to a man...
    Indeed....I've also never been so disappointed that the Bucks aren't playing for a night...should I be worried?

Comment

I've been watching a LOT of other games because of our push. Even watching the Chicago game atm.

Comment

Making the playoffs would be nice, facing Miami not so nice. I personally think if the raps miraculously get the 7th or 6th seed, they could advance (assuming they are playing New York or Indiana).
        @RavNation

Comment

The only chance we have is us against New York. Indiana's defense and toughness are too much for us, I don't know how we've won the 2 games over them but it's not going to happen consistently and imo, we've gotten lucky beating them with 2-different raptors teams.

Miami will just wash over us atm... they're way too strong, and we can't bulk up enough on the front court to take them on.

Our best chances are against the New York Knicks, but with their recent slide, you can't tell.

Boston is just barely playing .500 basketball right now. Look for their performance to get a bit shakey also.

Comment

Well, here we are, sitting in the 9th seed. And, we play Washington tonight. Take it game by game.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

If the Raptors make the playoffs, you know the media is going to give all the credit to Gay and to BC for making the deal to get Gay here.

Do you think his teammates might feel a bit slighted? Sure, they looked like a terrible team after a 4-19 start, but things had started to turn around before Gay got here. Pre-Gay they did put together a season best 5 game win streak. However, it does seem that once Gay arrived they stopped being a team that stayed close in most games to a team that can win close games. He certainly deserves credit for boosting the confidence of the team, which pushed them over the top...yet I still wonder if the other players will feel some resentment when the media makes it seem like it was all Gay.

Comment

AlienOverlord wrote: View Post
                If the Raptors make the playoffs, you know the media is going to give all the credit to Gay and to BC for making the deal to get Gay here.

Do you think his teammates might feel a bit slighted? Sure, they looked like a terrible team after a 4-19 start, but things had started to turn around before Gay got here. Pre-Gay they did put together a season best 5 game win streak. However, it does seem that once Gay arrived they stopped being a team that stayed close in most games to a team that can win close games. He certainly deserves credit for boosting the confidence of the team, which pushed them over the top...yet I still wonder if the other players will feel some resentment when the media makes it seem like it was all Gay.
                I believe they did have another 5 game win streak before gay got here. someone correct me if im wrong.

Comment

So.. if we somehow eke out a playoff spot, then we keep the 2013 draft pick and the Thunder get another crack at it next season?
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                    So.. if we somehow eke out a playoff spot, then we keep the 2013 draft pick and the Thunder get another crack at it next season?
                    If the Raps can get Trey Burke I am happy with that.

But I don't think they get that pick next year either.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Sounds like Doug Collins has all but given up hope for the Sixers ...
                      I can't help but think, "Gee, what did you idiots expect when you traded for a guy who's ALWAYS injured???".

These Philly geniuses are surprised that a guy who's made of glass, is actually made of glass :|

Comment

AlienOverlord wrote: View Post

actually if you follow twitter during a game, gay doesnt get a lot of love from the fans. atleast as much as BC/media would hype it to be. probably cus gay takes so long to get hot in a game. everyone lovin JL3/AA though for being underdogs. tdot is an underdog city anyways. and everyone still lovin DD. hell people were still showin love for ed davis when he came back.

i try to tweet them as much i can too, sayin i dont believe in the hype either. y'all should do the same.

Comment

Working...
                        X