Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything Read This Sportnet Article on VC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything Read This Sportnet Article on VC?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...ronto_raptors/

apparently Carter did want to stay in Toronto while asking for a trade read it.

There was some discussion about that article/interview a few months back, after they come out.

Comment

Reyaz123 wrote: View Post
      http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...ronto_raptors/

apparently Carter did want to stay in Toronto while asking for a trade read it.
      Speaks to his weak-kneed commitment to the team. In a city that reveres the likes of Doug Gilmour and Pinball Clemens, wafflers like VC just don't fit...

Comment

I can't think of another subject I want to rehash over and over again less that this one, no offence.

Comment

I heard this story back then, so its not news to me. The only part that is different is that we have Babcocks confirmation now, but this exchange was public knowledge for a while, Sam mentioned it in the papers shortly after the trade.

Comment

I actually heard the Mitchell and Babcock interviews and I have to agree with Babcock here. The reason Vince was being offered/shopped was because he asked for a trade. When a deal was almost finalised, he changed his mind and wanted to stay. The problem a GM faces in such a situation is a) the difficulty of backing out of a 'almost finalised' deal and most importantly b) the difficulty of being able to trust a player who at first asks for a trade and later requests otherwise. The deal itself(with the Nets) was a lousy one but Babcoks action was not.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I'm new here and u guys might cuss me out but I don't care..... I don't blame Vince for wanting out Babcock was such an idiot for drafting arujo that year and signing crap players......plus mlse are cheap as they come they don't care about winning only making money......and everyone needs to remember this Vince wasnt the only one wanting a trade gotta say the same wit garnet, t-Mac, Dwight Howard , even Kobe wanted out of L.A .....
              Sorry I really hate that guy Babcock he set this team so far back it's wasn't funny like Orlando got more for Dwight than we did wit Vince

( I guess what I put had nothing to do with this post just had to
              Get it off my chest)

Go raptors!

Comment

Sarral wrote: View Post
                I'm new here and u guys might cuss me out but I don't care..... I don't blame Vince for wanting out Babcock was such an idiot for drafting arujo that year and signing crap players......plus mlse are cheap as they come they don't care about winning only making money......and everyone needs to remember this Vince wasnt the only one wanting a trade gotta say the same wit garnet, t-Mac, Dwight Howard , even Kobe wanted out of L.A .....
                Sorry I really hate that guy Babcock he set this team so far back it's wasn't funny like Orlando got more for Dwight than we did wit Vince

Get it off my chest)

Go raptors!
                All this thread has done is aggravate me...Sam Mitchell is annoying and he needs a new coaching job so he can have something better to do than continously coming out to the media with these stories

I don't care that VC said he would stay he was still a douchebag

And reading about rob Babcock...literally the worst GM in the history of any sport ...say that he gave his word so he had to do it just adds to his legacy

Comment

Why is Vince a douche bag?? Cause he wanted out or Toronto?

Comment

Why is Vince a douche bag?? Cause he wanted out or Toronto?
                    No because he quit on his team. A professional would ask the GM for a trade privately, and play hard (or at least try to) until that happened.

He didn't do either.

Comment

Charles Barkley has quit on every single one of his teams and he is considered an all time great.
                      The reality was that Toronto wasn't going anywhere, and Vince wanted a shot at something bigger. Going to New Jersey wasn't going to offer that, so he changed his mind.

Vince is a selfish player through and through. Because of this, he will never win a championship.

Comment

Get it off my chest)

Go raptors!
                        You're new here so welcome to RR my friend. I'm sure you'll enjoy being here.

I'm afraid though that I disagree with the the rest of your post about Vince but I guess we can agree to disagree. I don't agree with someone who is happy to be here when things are going well and unhappy when they're not. IMO the moment you sign the contract, you're committing to the team for good times and ESPECIALLY bad times.
                        Last edited by Eric Akshinthala; Sun Feb 24, 2013, 03:46 PM.
                        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Do you guys boo bosh?

Comment

Get Carter. In the summer, trade Bargs + Kleiza for Carter + E.Brand

Comment

Bosh left on the off season so we never got a chance to boo him until he came back as a player on the Heat. We continue to Boo him every chance we get.

Comment

Working...
                              X