Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Atlanta Hawks ‏@ATLHawks
    Apparently we pleased a lot of #Raptors fans tonight. #RTZ...until we play you.
    Lol Hawks
    Hahaha Thats pretty hilarious.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
      Anyone's willing to make a bet that we won't reach PO? Not trying to be rude, just for additional enternainment reasons.
      I wouldn't bet on it happening, nor would I bet against it (can you tell I'm not much a betting kinda guy? haha) but I've always maintained that finishing 14th from the bottom, and therefore surrendering the 14th pick for Kyle Lowry, AND getting future picks back in play for trades, is a pretty desirable outcome in itself. There are positives to either outcome.

Comment

I would be happy with anything from 10-16 (15/16 means playoffs, 10-14 means low pick for OKC). Toronto is not only battling for 8th in the East but 14th among all teams in the NBA (Western Conference included). Although I don't see them getting 9th in the East and 14th in the NBA considering the West > East.

Right now they are 10th worst in the league, and only 1/2 game from 11th worst (Philly). But they are only 1 game from 9th worst (Minnesota).

This is the anti-tank.. much funner than tank-watch.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
          What kills me with this whole season is that if we would have started ANY better than 4-19 we would be in a much better position....even 6-17 or 7-16 and we would find ourselves 1 or 2 games back today
          But if we started the season a lot better we wouldnt had.traded for Gay, additional 2/3 wins would be nice though

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
            What kills me with this whole season is that if we would have started ANY better than 4-19 we would be in a much better position....even 6-17 or 7-16 and we would find ourselves 1 or 2 games back today
            The blown 20-point lead games after the 4-19 start hurt too... especially considering they were against Milwaukee and Philadelphia.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
              Anyone's willing to make a bet that we won't reach PO? Not trying to be rude, just for additional enternainment reasons.
              It is a very strong possibility.

I was worried about the MEM/NYK games. In my mind I was thinking best case scenario is a split.

The fact the Raps came back after all-star break behind 6 games with 29 games left to play and they have played just 3 games and are now 4 games back gives me hope.

The two games vs. Milwaukee are going to be HUUUUUUUUGE! Point received?

Also, despite all the bad luck raps have had this year, they got a little bit of good with both BKN games and the ATL game. 3 very close losses.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                It is a very strong possibility.

I was worried about the MEM/NYK games. In my mind I was thinking best case scenario is a split.

The fact the Raps came back after all-star break behind 6 games with 29 games left to play and they have played just 3 games and are now 4 games back gives me hope.

The two games vs. Milwaukee are going to be HUUUUUUUUGE! Point received?

Also, despite all the bad luck raps have had this year, they got a little bit of good with both BKN games and the ATL game. 3 very close losses.
                What are the odds now Matty D? 50 - 50, 60 -40, 100?
                i'm going with 65 - 35

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  What are the odds now Matty D? 50 - 50, 60 -40, 100?
                  i'm going with 65 - 35
                  lol, matty D. Matt Devlin?! LOL.

My heart says playoffs, brain says nope.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    lol, matty D. Matt Devlin?! LOL.

My heart says playoffs, brain says nope.
                    For some reason, I have a gut feeling that this will end exactly like that 2009-2010 season when the 8th spot was stolen from us by the Chicago Bulls. Man, I still remember how much that sucked. Charlotte shouldn't have let them win that game....
                    Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Mon Feb 25, 2013, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                      For some reason, I have a gut feeling that this will end exactly like that season when the 8th spot was stolen from us. Man, I still remember how much that sucked...
                      Let's be honest, the team now is CLEARLY better suited to make the playoffs compared to the 09-10' season. A dysfunctional Turkoglu, not a first option Chris Bosh, Andrea Bargnani who clearly is Andrea Bargnani, inconsistency from the point guard spot, Sonny Weems was our starting shooting guard. Other than Derozan (rookie year), one of Antoine Wright/Marco Bellinelli was our best player off the bench. Goodness, we at least have a plan moving forward.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                        Let's be honest, the team now is CLEARLY better suited to make the playoffs compared to the 09-10' season. A dysfunctional Turkoglu, not a first option Chris Bosh, Andrea Bargnani who clearly is Andrea Bargnani, inconsistency from the point guard spot, Sonny Weems was our starting shooting guard. Other than Derozan (rookie year), one of Antoine Wright/Marco Bellinelli was our best player off the bench. Goodness, we at least have a plan moving forward.
                        +1

Looking forward to next season with this team (and AB's replacement. if BC can work some magic) after an off-season of work for Ross and JV.

Comment

Working...
                        X