Thread: Amir for MIP?

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Amir for MIP?

If the Raptors make the playoffs you got to give some extra props to Amir. Love to see him being recognized!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Most Improved Player of the Year: A Raptor in the mix?

Wojnarowski Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

NBA's most improved Nov/Dec to Jan/Feb: Toronto's Amir Johnson. Over 53% in scoring (12.1), rebounds (9.1), blocks (1.7). Maybe MIP of year?
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

MIP's interesting this year. Amir Johnson. Paul George. Larry Sanders. Earl Clark. G. Vasquez. Different levels of players, different leaps.
    I wouldn't give the award to Amir but certainly nice to see him in the discussion. I would put Vasquez, George, and maybe Sanders ahead of him.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

You beat me by a minute!
    lol

MERGE
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Amir JOHNSON!!!!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't give the award to Amir but certainly nice to see him in the discussion. I would put Vasquez, George, and maybe Sanders ahead of him.
    Go Amir Go!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad that they are mentioning Amir Johnson but we all know it's going to be Paul George.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe there's no mention of Jrue Holiday. Still giving the nod to George because of how big he's been to a possible contending team, but Holiday is right up there.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Vasquez has really surprised me. He's kind of like another Andre Miller.
    ďI donít create controversies. Theyíre there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.Ē

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As good as Vasquez has been, this has to be Paul George. Vasquez went from nobody to a good player. George went from a good player to a star player.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As an unrepentant Amir Homer, I don't think MIP is enough... #Amir4MVP!

Mostly kidding, I think that Amir is our most consistent player, I also think that if we tallied the "Quick Reaction" score cards for the year Amir would have the best score.

I can't see Amir getting the MIP nod because he doesn't score enough points. He's efficient on offense and does a lot of everything else, but just doesn't get enough double doubles for people to really take notice. That said, I'm getting more and more comfortable with Johnson as our starting PF of the future. Sure we grab a PF whose better than amir if one comes along, but I think Amir has shown he has the ability to be an effective starting PF in the league. Hopefully, he'll develop some chemistry with JV because the big to big assists from Amir to Davis were always great to see.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We probably would've seen Amir's improvement sooner if the Davis/Amir redundancy was addressed sooner....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Thread Information