The Raptors need to sign John Bryant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    rebounding translates pretty well. 3pt shot translates pretty well. honestly at the right price I would gamble on the next pekovic
    This is exactly it. He's a player who doesn't "look like" an NBA player, but is extremely effective on the court. Think Kevin Love--nobody believed he was for real for his first two and a half seasons because he was a slightly chubby white dude without leaping ability.

Comment

Love was a 5th overall pick in a draft where Rose and Westbrook were picked ahead of him. Not exactly a sleeper.

Comment

No, not a sleeper. But still severely underrated for his first couple seasons--the mainstream reaction to the Kahn's draft night trade that got Love and Mike Miller for Mayo and bad contracts was that it was a terrible deal. Love didn't even get selected to play in the Rookie Game at all-star weekend his first year despite averaging a double-double.

I wasn't saying he was a sleeper, just that he was under-rated because he's an "unathletic" white guy.

Comment

I don't see how this hurts us. From what I'm getting here, he is Aaron Gray who can shoot 3's. Need I remind you we are paying a premium price on a 7 footer who can't rebound and shoot 3's.
          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

I watched one video and he has the Luis Scola scoop shot in the paint. He slips every pick but he seems skilled enough to handle the pinch post.

This man eats up the paint with his size.
            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

There's a guy entering the draft named LeBryant Nash. If that doesn't scream NBA, I don't know what does.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                There's a guy entering the draft named LeBryant Nash. If that doesn't scream NBA, I don't know what does.
                he's a beastly slasher, who can take it strong to the rim, control the ball, has great court vision and he's a dimer. he averages 40 and 20
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                  with a name like that, he better be asian

Comment

He's a combination of LeBron, Kobe, and Nash.

Comment

Great Post. I think John Bryant will get a shot somewhere.

First, then new CBA means we will see a lot more churn of players back-and-forth to Europe and the D-league.

Second, John Hollinger getting hired in Memphis is a sign that advanced stats geeks have more and more decision-making power in the NBA, and this guy is an advanced stats geek's wet dream. Here is some more analysis from The NBA Geek's blog:

http://www.thenbageek.com/articles/t...n-bryant-error
                      http://www.thenbageek.com/articles/c...in-john-bryant
                      Last edited by symbot; Fri Mar 1, 2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X