The Raptors need to sign John Bryant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Raptors need to sign John Bryant

So, I'm living in Germany right now, and occasionally take in some Bundesliga games. And there is a dude playing here that the Raptors really need to give an end-of-the-bench tryout to.

His name's John Bryant, and he's the fucking man.

He's 7 feet tall. He rebounds like a bear, at both ends (10.4 RPG, tops in the Bundesliga). He blocks shots (1.6 BPG, 2nd in the Bundesliga). He scores (16.7 PPG, 2nd in the Bundesliga). He doesn't turn the ball over (1.8 TO/G despite being the focal point of his team's offense). And he's only getting better. He's added 3PT range to his game this season, and is shooting 41.7% on 2.6 attempts per game. His lateral quicks aren't amazing, and he's not the greatest jumper, which is probably what's kept him out of the league until now. But he uses his length and strength well, and plays smart D--I think Casey would love him. Someone's gonna snap him up soon, and I'd love it to be the Raps.

And if you're not yet convinced, let me just show you his magnificent hair.

That's right, he's a goddamn lion.

He looks like a more skilled Aaron Gray, maybe the Raps could look at him in the ofseason, but i would prefer someone more agile and athletic as a back up C

Comment

Looks like he could scare the opposition....and little children.

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
        He looks like a more skilled Aaron Gray, maybe the Raps could look at him in the ofseason, but i would prefer someone more agile and athletic as a back up C
        Dude. An Aaron Gray who could shoot threes would get an MLE-range contract and a ten year career in the NBA. This is a guy that could probably be had for a minimum contract.

Comment

I'm willing to bet my house that this guy doesn't come within 1000 feet of an NBA arena....

Comment

I do not think this guy will be any sort of role player or end of bench player in the NBA, but New Orleans should have really considered just renaming their team after this guy and having him be their mascot. The "New Orleans Bryant-Giants", with his face on the jerseys is better than the Pelicans.

Just me?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I'm willing to bet my house that this guy doesn't come within 1000 feet of an NBA arena....
              Agreed.

Just because a guy is putting up big numbers in a European League doesn't mean he'll put up same stats in the NBA.

I bet Hoffa > Bryant.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Well now that the dude's name has been brought up in the Raps Republic forum, he will get the attention he desrves from MLSE ('cause we all know the big boys read these posts).

Comment

Well JV is Euro never know people can never judge a persons career based on where he is/skillset coming in etc etc I dont need to bring up Manu Ginobli do I?

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    Agreed.

Just because a guy is putting up big numbers in a European League doesn't mean he'll put up same stats in the NBA.

I bet Hoffa > Bryant.
                    For what it's worth, he averaged 13.4 points, 9.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in 49 games with the Erie BayHawks, who, at the time, were the NBAD League affiliates of the Toronto Raptors.

And was named German League MVP in 2011-12, only his second year in the league.

You don't think a guy like that deserves a spot over Mickael Pietrus? Especially when we're in need of a physical inside presence. This guy is like a Pops Mensah-Bonsu mixed with Matt Bonner.
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      He played 4 years at Santa Clara and had a huge senior year, 18 ppg, 14 RPGs with 2.5 blocks. The guy could easily get an NBA look, it just takes the right situation to make it work, there are more than a few bigs in the league who's spot he could fill with zero drop off.

Edit: weight was always a big issue, but he seems to have it under control.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

If he gets snatched, it will the San Antonio Spurs.

Comment

oh for damn sure. and with that same line of thinking, I'd love for the Raptors to end up like the Spurs. So let's grab this guy
                          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                            For what it's worth, he averaged 13.4 points, 9.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in 49 games with the Erie BayHawks, who, at the time, were the NBAD League affiliates of the Toronto Raptors.

And was named German League MVP in 2011-12, only his second year in the league.

You don't think a guy like that deserves a spot over Mickael Pietrus? Especially when we're in need of a physical inside presence. This guy is like a Pops Mensah-Bonsu mixed with Matt Bonner.
                            NBDL/German League is NOT the NBA.

Alot of people are putting up big time numbers in the NBDL for years and yet they're still there. Ever wondered why?

Justin Dentmon for an example. Remember him? 2012 NBDL MVP. Got a 10 day contract for the Raps that same year and i tell you he's not even good enough to be a 3rd string PG in the NBA.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Okay 7 footer with a jump shot. I dont understand what Aaron Gray has over this guy whatsoever. If Gray is on our bench, why cant this guy make it? 41% from 3 is universal, no matter if you're in the NBA, in the D-league, or shooting in your backyard.
                              7 feet is universal

I dont think he can be any slower than Gray is anyways..
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                              X